C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Electric Lowering Modules

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Why do you keep saying the Renntech is plug and play?? its not plug and play. Also clearly nobody has the brabus, just like nobody had the carlsson when i purchased mine. Contact a vendor or Brabus and ask them about the product.
I've read a few posts that say Renntech is plug and play meaning no cutting or such. You might have to switch a few wires around but theres no cutting or such allowing you to return it to its original state after unplugging..
Old 09-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by ocpun
I've read a few posts that say Renntech is plug and play meaning no cutting or such. You might have to switch a few wires around but theres no cutting or such allowing you to return it to its original state after unplugging..
Plug and play means you plug it in and go, not pulling wires apart.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:36 PM

c300
Originally Posted by MNY698
Found this link with Brabus ELM from 2006...
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...-she-goes.html
I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT

Can anyone confirm if its still the same way to install? It installs just like the Renntech module. I'm disappointed by the fact that it cannot return to stock height and no special features...
Old 09-16-2009, 03:06 PM

c300
Plug and play means you plug it in and go, not pulling wires apart.
Any ELM that doesn't require cutting wires or permanently damaging the car is GG to me... Also i had a question bout the C-tronic, can it return the car to stock height if so how? And let me get this straight with the C-tronic, the car lowers when its at a stop/still but when the car moves/drives 0-60 it raises but going faster than 60 will result in lowering again?
Old 09-16-2009, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT

Can anyone confirm if its still the same way to install? It installs just like the Renntech module. I'm disappointed by the fact that it cannot return to stock height and no special features...
Thanks, I would go for the Renntech module, it gives you flexibility with ride height. I've had no problems on my CLS55.
Attached Thumbnails Electric Lowering Modules-dscn0594.jpg  
Old 09-18-2009, 08:16 PM

c300
I've done some searching in the forum recently but couldn't come across any information on how the lowering modules work w the CLS's airmatic suspension features...

What's the difference between Renntech, Carlsson, and Brabus lowering modules when the CLS is driving, parked, turned off/on? Does the CLS stay whatever drop you set it to when driving, overriding and canceling the CLS's airmatic suspension features? Does the CLS still lower when going highway speed? Does the Comfort, Sport 1, Sport 2 feature still work and do what they originally do?

Renntech v2 w remote - max 50 mm drop, remote to adjust height digitally, turning off the module via remote will return the CLS back to stock height, requires relocating wires but no permanent damages for installation
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...te-diyers.html
Carlsson - max 30 mm drop, adjustable height through module itself, uninstalling and removing the module will return the CLS back to stock height, 100% plug and play
http://www.carlsson.de/carlsson/en/d...n%20Suspension
Brabus - max 20 or 25 mm drop (someone told me 45 mm?), not adjustable only one height, there is a raise switch on the module that returns the CLS to stock height, requires splicing wires but no permanent damages for installation
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...-she-goes.html
Also I've read the Renntech V3 is out and there's no maximum drop...can anyone confirm that?
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...enntech-2.html

This is what I've learned about lowering modules from the past few days researching on this forum. Also this is to show everyone I'm not a lazy *** asking for answers, I've took my time searching and am eager to learn more. Correct me if any of my info is wrong.

Thanks everyone I greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by ocpun; 09-18-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:58 PM

Wow... :facepalm:
Old 09-20-2009, 06:27 PM

CLS55 black opal
good to see that you're compiling information for the forum to see would be interesting to see a final comparison when you're all done based on the couple of things that you mentioned regarding ride height while parked, driving, and/or with sport suspension settings 1/2/comfort
Old 09-20-2009, 06:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E550 Cab & 2011 GL 550 & 09 VROD Muscle & 06 Seadoo Speedster LE .......
I have the Kleemann....ELM

the Kleemann is also plug and play came with the harness.....

the drop is 30 mm sit nice the way its recomended....If u want it tucked u can manually with a small flat head screw driver rotate a knob clockwise every turn is a 5 mm drop to max 45 mm .......If u want it scraping on the ground........or for shows..

Im happy with the Kleemann module good price 15 min install....
Old 09-20-2009, 10:47 PM

2006 CLS500
Do you have a link for the Kleeman? I too am in the market for an ELM soon... that is if i need the ELM with 21's that scrub....
Old 09-20-2009, 11:29 PM

c300
Originally Posted by waltpage
Do you have a link for the Kleeman? I too am in the market for an ELM soon... that is if i need the ELM with 21's that scrub....
I'm trying to look for that atm.

btw Kleeman lowering module max drop is 35 mm, not 45 mm...
http://kleemann.dk/Performance/Handling/Suspension.aspx
Old 09-21-2009, 12:44 AM

CLS55
I have the V3, its almost scary how low it goes ; D

Here's the deal tho, the CLS can only ride so low before you get suspension faults while driving... The car still raises and lowers with speed, even tho V3 has speed control lowering blah... It will still raise and lower... I'm actually going to look more into this week cause its bugging me...

Originally I lowered the car in "comfort mode" and when I parked or was in a "crawl" I would shut it off and the car would slam almost to the lip of the rim ; D it looked so mean sitting like that... Anyhow it became unpractical so I redid my set up for sport mode and lowered from there.

so yea I cant remember exactly how low i set the thing in the shop dikking around but it was enough to tuck the rims and scare the average person ; )
Old 09-21-2009, 02:42 AM

c300
do you have any pics?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by waltpage
if the offset is correct on ur 21 s will and should not rub..... there are people on this forum with 21 s and ELM..... no prob...

on 22 s yes cant lower may be links......

all Kleeman products are on sale from kleeman i think its 25 or 30 % off right now ...contact them in Arizona....
Old 09-21-2009, 11:46 AM

I'm trying to look for that atm.

btw Kleeman lowering module max drop is 35 mm, not 45 mm...
http://kleemann.dk/Performance/Handling/Suspension.aspx
the 15 mm to 35 mm drop is via the ELM ..... trust me Manually u can go way more up to 45 mm we tried it on a S class on the ground tucked it in it started to scrape on turns either we tuck the fenders or raise it a bit..so we raised it ...

if u want a fancy module with the remote ans stuff go for Renntech..
Old 09-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by hoolamonster
I have the V3, its almost scary how low it goes ; D

Here's the deal tho, the CLS can only ride so low before you get suspension faults while driving... The car still raises and lowers with speed, even tho V3 has speed control lowering blah... It will still raise and lower... I'm actually going to look more into this week cause its bugging me...

Originally I lowered the car in "comfort mode" and when I parked or was in a "crawl" I would shut it off and the car would slam almost to the lip of the rim ; D it looked so mean sitting like that... Anyhow it became unpractical so I redid my set up for sport mode and lowered from there.

so yea I cant remember exactly how low i set the thing in the shop dikking around but it was enough to tuck the rims and scare the average person ; )
Good lord that sounds like a nightmare so glad i got the Carlsson.

Here is how my car sits during normal driving i cant imagine why anyone would want to go much lower than this.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 09-21-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:42 PM

c300
Originally Posted by UDWANIT2
the 15 mm to 35 mm drop is via the ELM ..... trust me Manually u can go way more up to 45 mm we tried it on a S class on the ground tucked it in it started to scrape on turns either we tuck the fenders or raise it a bit..so we raised it ...

if u want a fancy module with the remote ans stuff go for Renntech..
What do you mean manually? Like I said 35 mm max drop with the lowering module..
Old 09-21-2009, 02:02 PM

CLS55
Full Throttle - No its not a nightmare it actually pretty nice to be able to drop the **** out of it, my car right now sits a tad lower than yours, i like the front slightly lower (than yours) it gives a more aggressive look. Either way the renntech V2 and V3 are nice... Ps your drop does look clean tho
Old 09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by hoolamonster
Full Throttle - No its not a nightmare it actually pretty nice to be able to drop the **** out of it, my car right now sits a tad lower than yours, i like the front slightly lower (than yours) it gives a more aggressive look. Either way the renntech V2 and V3 are nice... Ps your drop does look clean tho
Awesome post pics so people can see how our cars sit with different ELM's
Old 09-21-2009, 02:13 PM

c300
one question i still have is, with the lowering modules, does the CLS retain its ride quality, lowering/raising features, comfort/sport 1/sport 2 features? Does the ride still lower at highway speeds? Does the car lower when parked or turn on/off?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
one question i still have is, with the lowering modules, does the CLS retain its ride quality, lowering/raising features, comfort/sport 1/sport 2 features? Does the ride still lower at highway speeds? Does the car lower when parked or turn on/off?
For the Carlsson yes. It lowers once you shut the engine off get out and lock the doors.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 09-21-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:33 PM

c300
For the Carlsson yes.
Like I said, I'm leaning more towards Carlsson atm. I think 30 mm is the most you'll need to dump a CLS. I don't think 50 mm via Renntech is necessary but that's just me.

I'm still trying to find out whats required to install the Kleeman lowering module. I don't think its 100% plug and play like the Carlsson..
Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Like I said, I'm leaning more towards Carlsson atm. I think 30 mm is the most you'll need to dump a CLS. I don't think 50 mm via Renntech is necessary but that's just me.

I'm still trying to find out whats required to install the Kleeman lowering module. I don't think its 100% plug and play like the Carlsson..
Looking at the pictures it does not appear to be.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:41 PM

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by MNY698
Thanks, I would go for the Renntech module, it gives you flexibility with ride height. I've had no problems on my CLS55.
are those stock wheels? I assume they are 20's.. If yes, how many times have you changed your tires from road abrasion & pot holes?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:12 AM

CLS55
My car retained a good ride quality even when slammed, I would imagine from the info gathered that all ELM systems retain ride quality... I just put my pass through in today, as I took it to the dealer to fix the faults I had before my install... wasn't much of a difference if any.

For some reason I didn't save my profile in the V3 software, other wise I would tell you how low the drop is...

pics... maybe ill get my brother and do a shoot with his c55.