E55 vs CLS55 (vid) short.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
E55 vs CLS55 (vid) short.

I was driving with my cousin who has a Jb3 335i and he points out the same CLS55 that he raced and put on youtube a few weeks ago. The guy with the CLS55 is prob in his late 30's or early 40's and loves to run so I made a U-turn and the chase began lolol.

This guy is not a skilled driver and couldnt get the concept of 3 honks go. We had maybe 4-5 other races that meant nothing because we couldn't take off the same time. The guy would say something about traction or shifting early into second but he didn't know anythign besides slamming the pedal to the medal. I think he was clueless and take it for what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SAIIlmm1KU

E55 vs CLS55
Driver(170lbs) and passenger (230lbs) and only driver in the CLS with 18inch wheels.
1st race was about 0-80

2nd race the CLS55 jumps out in front which wasn't even race.

Last clip was me getting home real fast on a empty strech on the AUTOBAHN.

Jb3 335i vs cls55 ( vid )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmfuuIhtIBs
Old 11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
I'm interested in getting a good solid clean run with a CLS55. I know they are the same engine or watevr but I'm wondering what would happen in a good race to triple digits. There was 1 run but not on video where he got a good full car if not more form 0 and once we got to 100 I started to creep but very slowly.

I had an extra 230lb passenger plus the CLS was on 18's not 19's. Not a biggy just some fun I ran into.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Noticed higher speed run was in Comfort mode on tranny.

Side by sides were not in C were they??? C mode starts you in 2nd BTW. Sure you knew that though.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Noticed higher speed run was in Comfort mode on tranny.

Side by sides were not in C were they??? C mode starts you in 2nd BTW. Sure you knew that though.
I was on manual mode he was on S. I tried to tell him to shift to the right gear manually on S and 3rd honk go. He had heard 1 honk and took off on me lolol. I told him to come around where we hang out but hes like im too old for that. .
Old 11-10-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
///M5 Beast
I was the passenger with E55AMGG04!!

It was alot of fun and good races.

The race from zero that is shown in the video the CLs55 driver spun his tires and you can hear it, i can verify this since he told us i spun my tires lets do it again and we agreed. So it wasnt a good race, but they were even both cars are damn close to call a winner.

AS per the C mode and such. When we asked the CLS driver, he said he was in sport.. Then we told him to use manual to hold the gears for the rolling races, after a few races he asked us he thinks he shifting wrong cuz we were switching gears at different times than him and ask us what rrpm to shift.

So some races were in sport some in manual, which in manual he had no idea what he was doing.

Last edited by Brisk335; 11-11-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Brisk335
I was the passenger with E55AMGG04!!

It was alot of fun and good races.

AS per the C mode and such. When we asked the CLS driver, he said he was in sport.. Then we told him to use manual to hold the gears for the rolling races, after a few races he asked us he thinks he shifting wrong cuz we were switching gears at different times than him and ask us what rrpm to shift.

So some races were in sport some in manual, which in manual he had no idea what he was doing.
If he wason manual not knowing what he was doing I would have been pulling on him with no problem and in every race we had there was no signs of solid pulling. My car shifting perfect and his car not would result into me pulling.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:46 PM

///M5 Beast
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
If he wason manual not knowing what he was doing I would have been pulling on him with no problem and in every race we had there was no signs of solid pulling. My car shifting perfect and his car not would result into me pulling.

(quote in bold) You are right about that, it was very close with no signs of either car pulling away, well said.

When we told him to go to manual, i think he was shifting a little too early, that is why he mentioned we were shifting at a different point than him.

And the video from a dig you posted, the CLS55 spun its tire's and the driver of the cls told us himself that he spun and he wanted to go again, and you said yea u did spin lets do it again. The next race was from 5-120mph that wasnt on camera, the cls got a slight jump and it stood like that the whole time, no 1 inch of movement between the two.

Last edited by Brisk335; 11-11-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Just got my coffee, lets do this!!!! ROFL

(quote in bold) You are right about that, it was very close with no signs of either car pulling away, well said.

When we told him to go to manual, i think he was shifting a little too early, that is why he mentioned we were shifting at a different point than him.
Last race he got a full car if not a little more head start and at 100mph i started to close the gap on him but your love for the 335i is blinding you from seeing this because your trying to say ur chip only 335i hangs with me !!

Kyles fully modded 335i only got 1 car on me with all those mods. So if if your race was dead even with the CLS and your saying me and the CLS are dead even then all the mods on kyles car ( fmic, intakes, downpipes, exhaust, 100 octane, no backseats only = to 1 car. .
Old 11-10-2009, 08:57 PM

///M5 Beast
Last race he got a full car if not a little more head start and at 100mph i started to close the gap on him but your love for the 335i is blinding you from seeing this because your trying to say ur chip only 335i hangs with me !!

Kyles fully modded 335i only got 1 car on me with all those mods. So if if your race was dead even with the CLS and your saying me and the CLS are dead even then all the mods on kyles car ( fmic, intakes, downpipes, exhaust, 100 octane, no backseats only = to 1 car. .
He had a boost leak, he was running the same boost as me that night i use for races. If he didnt have a boost leak and was able to boost to full potential (450WHP) he would be pulling about 2-3 cars, since he beat u at about 15psi by 1 car, with about 2-4 psi more, he would of made another car or two on top of that.

That race isnt on video, i wouldnt say u closed any gaps really, u were at his back bumper from 5-115mph, and maybe a slow creep, but that slow creep you mentioned showed up when we switched lanes, he switch to the far right, and us to the left. but that happened right at the end maybe that last 10mph. from 5-100mph it was dead even.

ROFL my love for my 335i is blinding!!! ROFL im coming over ur house with this guys CLS for another set of races!! haha E-town tomrrow son, bring some outback steakhouse for meee
Old 11-10-2009, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
He had a boost leak, he was running the same boost as me that night i use for races. If he didnt have a boost leak and was able to boost to full potential (450WHP) he would be pulling about 2-3 cars, since he beat u at about 15psi by 1 car, with about 2-4 psi more, he would of made another car or two on top of that.

That race isnt on video, i wouldnt say u closed any gaps really, u were at his back bumper from 5-115mph, and maybe a slow creep, but that slow creep you mentioned showed up when we switched lanes, he switch to the far right, and us to the left. but that happened right at the end maybe that last 10mph. from 5-100mph it was dead even.

ROFL my love for my 335i is blinding!!! ROFL im coming over ur house with this guys CLS for another set of races!! haha E-town tomrrow son, bring some outback steakhouse for meee
Boost leak ? He tried racing me on 19psi and it couldnt hold all that boost. There was a little hole or something you said but the car with all the mods would pull on me only 1 car length not to mention after 10 runs and on my E55 you saw first hand it loses power after repeated runs. The 335 has upgraded intercoolers.

He raced mthis tune only C63 and that was close barely a car length from the 335 on the C63 where when I raced mthis I beat him half a car once and then next week he beat me just about the same if not more.

The CLS was getting the head start on me on almost every race because he coudln't drive. The race from 0 shows I pull no if or maybes about it. The roll I began to creep you didn't see it then thats fine but I did.

If the CLS55 is even with me how your saying and your even with the CLS55 then that equals to a Jb3 tune only being side by side with my E55 which isn't happening. Thursday is around the corner let these e90 posts guys come out so I can settle this for you .
Old 11-10-2009, 09:32 PM

///M5 Beast
Boost leak ? He tried racing me on 19psi and it couldnt hold all that boost. There was a little hole or something you said but the car with all the mods would pull on me only 1 car length not to mention after 10 runs and on my E55 you saw first hand it loses power after repeated runs. The 335 has upgraded intercoolers.

He had a crack in his charge pipe, which he told you about, he is on this board he can tell u. If he was at 19psi which he couldnt hold cuz his car went into limp cuz he was leaking too much boost, if he was at 19 PSI that would be around 450WHP, he would have beat u by more than 1 car. He was on about 15-16 psi when he beat u by 1 car and he was still leaking boost.Also, lmost after every 2 races, u guys let ur cars cool off anyways.

He raced mthis tune only C63 and that was close barely a car length from the 335 on the C63 where when I raced mthis I beat him half a car once and then next week he beat me just about the same if not more.

He had the same boost leak aganist kyle if not worse.

The CLS was getting the head start on me on almost every race because he coudln't drive. The race from 0 shows I pull no if or maybes about it. The roll I began to creep you didn't see it then thats fine but I did.

The race from 0 the CLS55 spun his tires, u can hear it in the video.. He had bad tires, and also he said himself " Lets do another one i spund my tires on that one" - CLS55 driver.

If the CLS55 is even with me how your saying and your even with the CLS55 then that equals to a Jb3 tune only being side by side with my E55 which isn't happening. Thursday is around the corner let these e90 posts guys come out so I can settle this for you .

I hope some e90post guys come we shall see!
bold
Old 11-10-2009, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
We've seen 10 335i's in action in NYC and everyone of them till now have a problem besides yours and you don like to race. So fine me a tune only or a little more modded 335i so when I beat it then you will see that the CLS is a little slower then E55 and that a jb3 335 is no match for a stock E55.

(335) (AMG)
Old 11-10-2009, 10:29 PM

///M5 Beast
We've seen 10 335i's in action in NYC and everyone of them till now have a problem besides yours and you don like to race. So fine me a tune only or a little more modded 335i so when I beat it then you will see that the CLS is a little slower then E55 and that a jb3 335 is no match for a stock E55.

(335) (AMG)

10? You have run i think 2 335i, one that was working right a while back but your IC pump was failing and now a 335i that had a boost leak but still won, both on camera. If your speaking of the random kids we met in L.i. gods know where they bought there cars as they said they were bought used and what was wrong with them besides them throwing CEL and limp modes.

But why are we comparing a tuned 335i here with a E55?

The point of the thread is the CLS55 vs E55!! Lets cotinue with the discussion

FEEEN!!!!! hahah bro lets not even bring up the 6 hour abuse i gave u in forza!! in ur own houseee... abuse ROFL

Last edited by Brisk335; 11-11-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
I see why the 63 guys made the thread bout the 335z. I was talk bout the 33d cauz I was using ur race as a comparison to tjhe race I had. You tied from 0 and I won from 0.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
These kinds of tests are meaningless take them to the track and line them up.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Brisk ill run ur 335 anytime anyplace anywhere ?? U up for the challenge ?? This way u can see where you are ??
Old 11-11-2009, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Brisk ??? Open invitation ? Ill come to you ?? E55 vs jb3 335 ? If u saying u run side by side with me...... Prove it.

If yoy accept my challenge I will delete this thread and take the video off youtube if your convinced that all the other runs were even. I will make vids of me vs you and post back here and that way we can settle this.

P.s nothing more to talk about. You running or not? If you are accept here and post when and where so I can come back with results.

End of discussion

Last edited by E55AMGGG04; 11-11-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:23 PM

2006 Granite Grey CLS55
We can have a match up once my MC30 and HE is installed. I'd assume you'd probably inch on me, you def have the weight advantage.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned

09 CLK550
fat ***! lol
Old 11-11-2009, 02:39 PM

///M5 Beast
We talked about this on the phone earlier, but i just came from skool and had to reply here.

I see why the 63 guys made the thread bout the 335z. I was talk bout the 33d cauz I was using ur race as a comparison to tjhe race I had. You tied from 0 and I won from 0.
You did win? i was there to see it...

But if your comparing which is faster this race doesnt show NOTHING since he spun his tires in the start of the race, your tires are pretty new and have alot of meat on them and you know how to launch.. the CLS you can see from behind were pretty worn out and his was going WOT from the start.

The point is,
1.) You hear the CLS55 spin his tires
2.) The driver himself said he spun and wanted another go. In which all other races from a roll and such were a draw
3.) You agreed that he spun at the end of that race and wanted another go aswell.

He spun his tires and he even told us he did at the end of the race, out of the 10 races we did, u were neck and neck with him, u guys barely pulled anything from each other. 5-120mph, u guys stood neck and neck not 1 inch of movement!!!!!

Brisk ill run ur 335 anytime anyplace anywhere ?? U up for the challenge ?? This way u can see where you are ??
I know where i am i have raced amg's, why are you so fixed on running me and comparing my car to yours?? Are you threaten? You lost to 2 335i's already, and one that was broken!! ROFL...

This thread has gotten way off topic and we should continue to discuss the CLS55 vs the E55 AMG.

Stop dragging my baby into this lol... You own my license problem and your mom would kill me if she heard we are racing. hahaha.

Brisk ??? Open invitation ? Ill come to you ?? E55 vs jb3 335 ? If u saying u run side by side with me...... Prove it.

If yoy accept my challenge I will delete this thread and take the video off youtube if your convinced that all the other runs were even. I will make vids of me vs you and post back here and that way we can settle this.

P.s nothing more to talk about. You running or not? If you are accept here and post when and where so I can come back with results.

End of discussion
I dont think i ever said i run side by side with u, you are the one who said, i think my 335i can run even with u since u see what i did with the CLS55, i never mentioned it.

Are we threaten here? oooo noooo...

Why would you take the video off youtube??
this video has nothing to do with me. lol

I was in the car recording, i saw all the the races and it was a DRAW.

I think you have to find a cls55 to win if you think u beat it, show me a video where u race one from a roll 3 honk and win and i will retract my statement,

but from the races i saw that nite, it looks like you and the CLS are tied.

It looks like your trying to beat on your little cousin hahaha

But it looks like you got to find another CLS55 to race to prove you are faster, because this night you werent.

Last edited by Brisk335; 11-11-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
X-vert I will definetlt give a friendly go when you read

Brisk; your the gustav of the 335. Your a fan boy of the 335.

I was gaining ground on the cls55 and you said after the race it was even. Your blindness for your love of the 335 stopped you from saying I was pulling cauz that means I would pull on you and that drives you nuts.

Every 335 that loses or is a draw you have some kind of excuse, boost leak, dv sumthing, spark plugs, codes, check engine, bopping, its always something! Your a fan boy. Now your saying you didn't see the pull I had on the cls55 when it was obvious.

From your video you said you pulled on the cls55 which I still don't see. So I'm telling you put ur 335 to run my e55 and we will see me pull hard on you to show you that you are not where you think you are.

Your video we can also say he started on comfort and rolled off on 2nd gear which would explain you even hanging. I was in the car when mthis walked a jb3 with exhaust hard with just tune, he put a few car lengths on him and me and mthis were about identical so come on.

Either run the 335 or stop posting.

X-vert you have you my cell # right? Just give me a call so we can set up some races cauz 335 jb3 doesn't want to run.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:32 PM

///M5 Beast
X-vert I will definetlt give a friendly go when you read

Brisk; your the gustav of the 335. Your a fan boy of the 335.

I was gaining ground on the cls55 and you said after the race it was even. Your blindness for your love of the 335 stopped you from saying I was pulling cauz that means I would pull on you and that drives you nuts.

It doesnt drive me nuts, i never bought the 335i to race with to begin with, im not a big time racer like you are. It doesnt drive me nuts nor does it bother me, but you have to tell the truth where it is due. So if you think your faster than the CLS go and prove it and than come back and talk to me, cuz that night you were not.

You didnt pull and the guy in the cls55 said u werent. 5-120mph u were at the same spot the race started at? where did u pull?

Every 335 that loses or is a draw you have some kind of excuse, boost leak, dv sumthing, spark plugs, codes, check engine, bopping, its always something! Your a fan boy. Now your saying you didn't see the pull I had on the cls55 when it was obvious.

The pull was 100% not there, i have no idea where u getting this from hahaha or you just trying to stir the pot which u are doing this whole time hahaha.

What 335i that lose, you lost to 2 of them that u raced from the forum, and one had a boost leak and u still lost? What excuses.

From your video you said you pulled on the cls55 which I still don't see. So I'm telling you put ur 335 to run my e55 and we will see me pull hard on you to show you that you are not where you think you are.

Go beat a CLS55 and let me know how it goes. I think after those races u are the one who brought it up i wonder how my E would fair aganist your 335i, i never asked to race u nor was i ever interested because im not a racer like that. But now i think you are threaten since u were neck and neck with the same cls i was neck and neck with. I dont mind but i think its driving you nuts?

Your video we can also say he started on comfort and rolled off on 2nd gear which would explain you even hanging. I was in the car when mthis walked a jb3 with exhaust hard with just tune, he put a few car lengths on him and me and mthis were about identical so come on.

He was in 1st, he even told me after the race, he said "when you pulled up to me i put it in sport cuz i thought u were a M3". BTW you can hear by the the way the engine revs and gears he was in first.
He didnt have exhaust, he deleted his resonators and he still ran his car even though he had a check engine light and his car wasnt running right.

Either run the 335 or stop posting.

Go beat a CLS55 and come talk to me, until then not worth it. It dont bother me and i know where i stand with AMG's..

X-vert you have you my cell # right? Just give me a call so we can set up some races cauz 335 jb3 doesn't want to run.

Last edited by Brisk335; 11-11-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:40 PM

///M5 Beast
As for the video, its just fact that the driver himself said he spun, you hear him spinning and you agreed at the time he spun so you did another race. But now the story is changing because it was the same one i ran?

So all the races that night you were neck and neck and the one on video that he spins you win ROFL!!! how interesting.

These are facts of this race. There nothing left to say. You beat him cuz he spun not because you are faster. He said he spun, we agreed, we did another race because of that, and you hear his spin in the video, what is left to say, it wasnt a good race for showing comparison of which is faster, sorry.

If you took the thought of you being in competition with me out of your mind i think it wouldnt be like this.

**So stop asking to race me, and if you think your faster than the CLS55 go and show me, but im not interested in anything else, i dont care and it doesnt bother me, i know where i stand.

The facts have been presented.

Last edited by Brisk335; 11-11-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:22 AM

///M5 Beast
Hey guys, so me and E55AMGGG04 just came from the track, we went to E-town together in his car.

He ran 4 times tonite, it was 40*F, track was sticky and it was -700+DA!!

He ran from 12.9 @ 13.82 to a best of 12.5 @114.5

So here is the showdown, we found a CLS55 AMG, he has no primary and no secondary cats on his car he said. He has been drag racing for 15 years he said, so we lined them up at the track and here is what happened!

SORRY MY BLACKBERRY CAMERA PHONE!

Above Video times:
E55- 12.5 @ 114.5mph best of the night
CLS55- 12.0 @ 117mph best of the night

And here is a little bonus video of after the drags of me and E55AMGGG04 enjoy... To see the rest of the Drag info go to E55 or C63 section was we went with member mthis aswell.

Last edited by Brisk335; 11-12-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:19 AM

2006 Granite Grey CLS55
GET THE *** OUT

I'm deleting my secondary cats todayyyyy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 vs CLS55 (vid) short.