My LOG: CLS55 - Constantly updated with content

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
Why do you care about my point of view? Use that same logic on yourself.
You're pretty strongly raining on this kids parade about this first car.

I tend to think you might be upset that a "little snot kid' bought the same car as you, and 99% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the car's condition.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Oliverk
You're pretty strongly raining on this kids parade about this first car.

I tend to think you might be upset that a "little snot kid' bought the same car as you, and 99% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the car's condition.
Now thats funny.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Now thats funny.
well if i'm wrong, then would you care to explain why you are giving this kid such a hard time?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:45 PM

Pinto
Facts are often viewed as Sh*t talk to the ignorant and uninformed.

FACTS? Uninformed? oh please, i've read all his posts so clearly i know what's going on..

You just being a douche Bag.

"self-deceptive "feelings is normal buddy; when you have a lil *****, that can't get up..lol

also.. a symptom of deep insecurity..

maybe you're just Jelouse?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:48 PM

Pinto
Now thats funny.

You should go to your lil corner..

""GO Fast with class.."" plzzzz MOre like LOw-class....
Old 11-20-2009, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55 AMG
Since we're on the subject of facts...

As far as I can research, X's CLS has a clear CarFax and AutoCheck report. No "reported" flood, water or accident damage. I know that may not be 100% validation, but it's safe to say that such a "high-dollar" car, if it were to have water or so called flood damage, there would be some sort of notation in its history or at the every least an onslaught of parts being ordered / replaced through a dealer, none of which has taken place.

Now I have no doubt that he may have dealt with some scrupulous individuals from where he purchased the vehicle, and they probably failed to properly examine the car or disclose any of its "known" problems, but to also play devils advocate here, I know many car dealers who don't know a thing about cars! They buy and sell, and don't get involved with anything else. It's up to you the consumer to do his or her own due diligence to insure that what it is your buying, meets yours standards. You know the saying, buyer beware!

Last but not least, if you factor in the price he paid for his CLS, its not like he got bent over financially. Even if the problems were known and disclosed, I still think it would have been a decent buy (give or take a grand).

As for the "name calling" there's always going to be animosity between new and old forum members. Sometimes its just plane out arrogance, other times it may be jealousy, and sometime it falls down to simple ignorance. Regardless of your position, we could learn a lot from each, and if we keep things here on the forum positive, it can be an all that more enlightening experience.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Viet_Amg408

maybe you're just Jelouse?
Old 11-20-2009, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by DucatiGuy
Since we're on the subject of facts...

As far as I can research, X's CLS has a clear CarFax and AutoCheck report. No "reported" flood, water or accident damage. I know that may not be 100% validation, but it's safe to say that such a "high-dollar" car, if it were to have water or so called flood damage, there would be some sort of notation in its history or at the every least an onslaught of parts being ordered / replaced through a dealer, none of which has taken place.

Now I have no doubt that he may have dealt with some scrupulous individuals from where he purchased the vehicle, and they probably failed to properly examine the car or disclose any of its "known" problems, but to also play devils advocate here, I know many car dealers who don't know a thing about cars! They buy and sell, and don't get involved with anything else. It's up to you the consumer to do his or her own due diligence to insure that what it is your buying, meets yours standards. You know the saying, buyer beware!

Last but not least, if you factor in the price he paid for his CLS, its not like he got bent over financially. Even if the problems were known and disclosed, I still think it would have been a decent buy (give or take a grand).

As for the "name calling" there's always going to be animosity between new and old forum members. Sometimes its just plane out arrogance, other times it may be jealousy, and sometime it falls down to simple ignorance. Regardless of your position, we could learn a lot from each, and if we keep things here on the forum positive, it can be an all that more enlightening experience.
good post!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:20 PM

Sold - CLK500
the gloss black looks great, im getting my clk's wood painted this way very soon
Old 11-20-2009, 09:00 PM

Pinto
run out of words?
Old 11-21-2009, 12:27 AM

2006 Granite Grey CLS55
Thanks for the back up guys.

For everyones information, I know the car was involved in an accident, I know the bumper, hood and fenders were replaced, and half the car was blended. I work in a body shop, my car went on a frame straightning machine and everything is perfect, in fact the car has no frame damage or repair, it's all original, no welds, no bends or cracks. The car had a slight front end collision. I could care less, If I didn't buy this car, I would have bought one from an insurance auction with a clean title and repaired it myself, but in this case the job was done for me, just gotta fix a few things here and there and it'll be back to spec... god forbid it isn't, I'll sell it and get my money back, what's the big deal? The car does not have flood damage, if it did, it wouldn't even start. I've stripped this car to the bottom of the floor on the interior and everything looks as it should.

I'm not a dumb kid, I've been around cars for the past 5 years, everyday... I know what I'm doing... to an extent.

I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:11 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by X-Vert
Thanks for the back up guys.

For everyones information, I know the car was involved in an accident, I know the bumper, hood and fenders were replaced, and half the car was blended. I work in a body shop, my car went on a frame straightning machine and everything is perfect, in fact the car has no frame damage or repair, it's all original, no welds, no bends or cracks. The car had a slight front end collision. I could care less, If I didn't buy this car, I would have bought one from an insurance auction with a clean title and repaired it myself, but in this case the job was done for me, just gotta fix a few things here and there and it'll be back to spec... god forbid it isn't, I'll sell it and get my money back, what's the big deal? The car does not have flood damage, if it did, it wouldn't even start. I've stripped this car to the bottom of the floor on the interior and everything looks as it should.

I'm not a dumb kid, I've been around cars for the past 5 years, everyday... I know what I'm doing... to an extent.

I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
thats really all you've got?

The kid seems to know what he's gotten into.

Not everyone has a perfect cls. That doesn't mean they won't enjoy the hell out of it.

What is your deal?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
thats really all you've got?

The kid seems to know what he's gotten into.

Not everyone has a perfect cls. That doesn't mean they won't enjoy the hell out of it.

What is your deal?
The deal is everyone tried to tell him not to buy this car. He could have spent the same money and gotten a car with none of these issues. His urgency and borderline desperation is what fueled this purchase. I still cant understanbd the logic behind spending what he spent for a wrecked off color CLS with a tremendous amount of electrical and mechanical issues. Even you would not have made this purchase.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
The deal is everyone tried to tell him not to buy this car. He could have spent the same money and gotten a car with none of these issues. His urgency and borderline desperation is what fueled this purchase. I still cant understanbd the logic behind spending what he spent for a wrecked off color CLS with a tremendous amount of electrical and mechanical issues. Even you would not have made this purchase.
Ok...but he did. He owns it, its his, he can't just give it back.

Yes, I think it was foolish to go forward with the purchase after some the issues he had, but what is insulting him gonna do now, ya know? Whats done is done.

I also haven't seen any cls55s for $33k, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Ok...but he did. He owns it, its his, he can't just give it back.
Actually he could have when the transmission blew and his balled tires shredded on the way home from the lot. This is a classic example of wanting to own a car you really cant afford for all the wrong reasons.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:29 AM

2006 Granite Grey CLS55
Actually he could have when the transmission blew and his balled tires shredded on the way home from the lot. This is a classic example of wanting to own a car you really cant afford for all the wrong reasons.
The transmission didn't blow you fuking degenerate, after a fluid flush it works and shifts perfectly fine. Just do me a favor and **** off.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
The transmission didn't blow you fuking degenerate, after a fluid flush it works and shifts perfectly fine. Just do me a favor and **** off.
Is this your post?

Ok so I'm officially having the worst experience by far...

Dealer told me they replaced a bad tire, tire was never replaced, 300 miles away from the dealership the tire gets shredded. My brother is in the middle of Georgia with a doughnut on the car that he can't drive far with. Now he's stuck till the morning to drive to any tire shop and purchase a tire.

On top of that, the tranny doesn't shift into gears if you give it a lot of gas, you have to baby it and let the gears change super smoothly. Guessing the clutch packs are gone?

This is turning into a clusterfuk

Car is out of warranty, I REALLY hope the dealership comes thru w/ this extended warranty for me by Monday so I can get the car right into service and everything fixed.

This is where the ownership of this car should have *ended*.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 11-21-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:48 AM

2006 Granite Grey CLS55
Car did not "not shift into gears", I just went by what my brother said. After a thorough look, and a visit to the MB dealership, the transmission was 2 qt's low on fluid, and every time you hit WOT, the car would go into a limp mode, since the flush and full fill up, the transmission runs perfectly fine, if it didn't... I would have mentioned something here, as you can tell I'm being honest and I not trying to hide anything.

Anything else or are you done? Or are you ready to be nice and not a never ending jerk off?
Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Car did not "not shift into gears", I just went by what my brother said. After a thorough look, and a visit to the MB dealership, the transmission was 2 qt's low on fluid, and every time you hit WOT, the car would go into a limp mode, since the flush and full fill up, the transmission runs perfectly fine, if it didn't... I would have mentioned something here, as you can tell I'm being honest and I not trying to hide anything.

Anything else or are you done? Or are you ready to be nice and not a never ending jerk off?
I assume all of these issues were disclosed to you prior to purchasing the car correct? If not the car should have been returned. We realize that you *just had to have a CLS55 by any means possible*, and your little $33,000 was burning a hole in your pockets. However at some point common sense have to prevail. You can be as belligerent, ignorant and immature as you want with your responses. This does not diminish the fact that this was a monumentally stupid purchase.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 11-21-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:35 AM

2006 Granite Grey CLS55
A assume all of these issues were disclosed to you prior to purchasing the car correct? If not the car should have been returned. We realize that you *just had to have a CLS55 by any means possible*, and your little $33,000 was burning a hole in your pockets. However at some point common sense have to prevail. You can be as belligerent, ignorant and immature as you want with your responses. This does not diminish the fact that this was a monumentally stupid purchase.
Ok let me put it this way... I could NOT give 2 shyts about how bad my purchase was, I know it was a mistake and I learned from it, now I have to deal with it, it's not causing me a headache, I'm not ripping my hair out because of it. I did not save up $33K to purchase this car, I just wasn't able to purchase a car in the past... I could go crash this car into a wall right now, and go buy myself another one. I was on the verge of buying an 09 CLS63, but instead I bought this... why... because I'm 21 yrs old, I know there will be accidents, and on top of that... this is mainly a project car to show off my work on, and to sell my services to my clients.

The dealer never disclosed any of the things wrong with the car, thus why I bought it, they lied to me and said it was in EXCELLENT condition, it was my mistake not getting the car inspected prior to picking it up, but again... I'm not ripping my hair out for it, I have much bigger problems to worry about than a car, my life doesn't revolve around it.

Like I said, I'll go crash this car into a wall, or give it to a close friend or family and purchase myself another one, I did not need to save up every penny to afford this car, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it, considering it's expensive to maintain, this is an experience for me... my next car will be brand new.

Do you still want to remain on my bad side and be a d1ck about my purchase and keep tearing me a new one EVERY MORNING about how fawked up my FIRST car is or do you wanna move on like I did the week I received the car? Regardless if this car is messed up or not, you tell me the first car you bought with your own money, it was probably a hooptie, well this is my hooptie.

Last edited by Igor180; 11-21-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
Ok let me put it this way... I could NOT give 2 shyts about how bad my purchase was, I know it was a mistake and I learned from it, now I have to deal with it, it's not causing me a headache, I'm not ripping my hair out because of it. I did not save up $33K to purchase this car, I just wasn't able to purchase a car in the past... I could go crash this car into a wall right now, and go buy myself another one. I was on the verge of buying an 09 CLS63, but instead I bought this... why... because I'm 21 yrs old, I know there will be accidents, and on top of that... this is mainly a project car to show off my work on, and to sell my services to my clients.

The dealer never disclosed any of the things wrong with the car, thus why I bought it, they lied to me and said it was in EXCELLENT condition, it was my mistake not getting the car inspected prior to picking it up, but again... I'm not ripping my hair out for it, I have much bigger problems to worry about than a car, my life doesn't revolve around it.

Like I said, I'll go crash this car into a wall, or give it to a close friend or family and purchase myself another one, I did not need to save up every penny to afford this car, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it, considering it's expensive to maintain, this is an experience for me... my next car will be brand new.

Do you still want to remain on my bad side and be a d1ck about my purchase and keep tearing me a new one EVERY MORNING about how fawked up my FIRST car is or do you wanna move on like I did the week I received the car? Regardless if this car is messed up or not, you tell me the first car you bought with your own money.
No worries when i was 21 i was a know it all punk kid to, you will grow out of it.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:42 AM

2006 Granite Grey CLS55
Tell me where I'm a know it all punk over the posts I posted? I don't think you're the type that would ever admit to making a mistake, in your la la land you want everyone to think you're perfect.

Again, what was your first car?
Old 11-21-2009, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
xvert i think its time you enjoy your beautiful car. to waste time arguing on here when you could be out cruisin in a sweet ride its a no brainer.
your young and made a couple mistakes. the thing is you didnt whine or complain you just got it done. thats more mature than pissin your cheerios about getting screwed.
bottom line is no matter what anybody else thinks if you like your car then you are the only person you have to please. enjoy the ride and i think its a great color.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
Full Throttle can you stop posting? Thanks.
And to all the rest... can you just ignore this guy? Why keep the fire burning?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My LOG: CLS55 - Constantly updated with content