C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

ipod aux input doesnt work. Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 01:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG
ipod aux input doesnt work. Help!!

For the ipod, there are two connectors, there is one cable that has been installed by the mb factory. The other one is a small hole in the glove box. i bought a cable that plugs into the aux input and plugs into the headphone input on top of the ipod. so when i press the aux, ipod is playing, volume is on high, theres nothing except static. Is there something that im not doing? do i have to activate something or what? i even called the dealership and they had no clue.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
Originally Posted by dacls63amg
For the ipod, there are two connectors, there is one cable that has been installed by the mb factory. The other one is a small hole in the glove box. i bought a cable that plugs into the aux input and plugs into the headphone input on top of the ipod. so when i press the aux, ipod is playing, volume is on high, theres nothing except static. Is there something that im not doing? do i have to activate something or what? i even called the dealership and they had no clue.
if you have the ipod adapter that plugs into the bottom of the ipod, which shows the songs in the cluster and allows you to control the songs with the steering buttons, the other aux in plug won't work. At least that is how it is on my 06. There is a way around it, the factory ipod adapter plays music at a lower sound level than the radio, cds, etc, you can unplug it to get the aux working again (i've done this and am happy with the outcome )

heres the diy
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...-ipod-fix.html

hope that helps
Old 12-13-2009, 03:09 AM

2008 CLS63 AMG
Thank you very much!!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:51 PM

2008 CLS63 AMG
2 hours later, missing screw under shifter panel(oops), scratched up hands, I finall did it!! Now I can control the music with the iPod.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
Originally Posted by dacls63amg
2 hours later, missing screw under shifter panel(oops), scratched up hands, I finall did it!! Now I can control the music with the iPod.