C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Can anyone tell me what rims these are?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2010 | 04:05 PM

06 CLS55 & 2011 G55
Can anyone tell me what rims these are?

Can anyone tell me who makes these and where i can get them.
thanks!
Scott
Old 05-04-2010 | 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
all I see is a big red X
Old 05-04-2010 | 04:39 PM

e55
radenergie r5
Old 05-07-2010 | 02:13 AM

06 CLS55 & 2011 G55
i couldnt get any help on the wheels forum so maybe i can here?

I have been looking for wheels for my CLS 55 AMG. I just got the car and i want to replace the stock AMGs.

The wheels i really like are the Radenergie R5, of course they cost $6K. This is out of my budget right now. Im looking at $2000 to $2500.

I have been asking around and i found these wheels that look a lot like them EXE Konvex. There are also some Cadwell TSWs?

Now in asking around i have heard a bunch of conflicting information. So i am looking to you guys for some advice.

First i was told you cant put cheap EXE wheels on a MB but there seem to be a lot out there and i confirmed with multiple places they do fit fine.

I was told that the EXE are way to heavy and will make my car preform poorly. But with some online research i can find the EXEs weigh 3lbs less on the back wheels than the stock AMG wheels? And that is a 20" x 10 vs the stock 19" x 9.5!?

Also big dollar wheels like Brabus are 8 lbs more that the EXEs? Seems some of the really high dollar wheels are heavy.

I was also told the EXE are poorly made and will bend/crack and so on. But the AMGs seem to crack on everyone on this forum. The Randergies seem to have rivit problems and all the high end rims seem to have people on here saying they crack, bend, and such.

So my question is other than looks and name brand whats the big difference? They dont seem that heavy, seems all rims bend or crack if you drive them that way. And if so why would i want to replace the high dollar ones over the cheap ones when they do crack?

The only other difference i see is that i can get the high dollar ones in 11" back and the cheap ones only in 10" wide. 11" is cool but 10 is still pretty wide.

Are people just rim snobs? im totally ok with that if i had 10k id buy some fancy ones too. Maybe some day but for now i just wanted some cool looking rims that will not mess up my cars performance.

I been looking at used ones and some people have been telling me im nuts to buy a 5k set of rims that are used cause of the problems with cracks, bends, and being out of alinement. I also want to powder coat them and hear that used rims are harder to get coated due to chips or scratches in the surface.

So am i nuts for getting EXEs or used high dollar rims? Should i just keep my stocks and buy a piggy bank?

Thanks in advance.

scotty
Old 05-07-2010 | 02:35 AM

CLS55 AMG
You still interested in my maya's? lmk..they have no bends or cracks
Old 05-07-2010 | 02:50 AM

06 CLS55 & 2011 G55
Originally Posted by bruin420
Yup i am! But im not 100%. So if you got a buyer sell them.

I showed the pics to the powder coater and he told me the chips might take some work to clean up before they can be done.

Also i have heard that the Maya wheels are kinda heavy too? But i havent been able to find the weights online. Guess they went out of business?

thanks!

Last edited by scottyOTM; 05-07-2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: added question
Old 05-07-2010 | 04:50 PM

S63 / CLS63
You CAN put cast wheels on a Mercedes as long as the offset/bolt pattern are correct. A few companies make you use centering rings because the center bore is used for multiple vehicles. If you like the cast wheels, find a set that works correctly and buy them.

Pros for forged wheels is that they are made vehicle specific, higher quality materials, you can increase the size over your stock wheels and they will weigh less/or the same (most of the time), allows you to customize colors etc. Repair is easy if you mess one up and they just look better all around. Putting cheap wheels on an AMG car is like wearing flip flops w/ an armani suit IMHO.

If you spend enough time online, you will find someone has something to complain about with every brand. No one is ever 100% happy and they always blame the manufacturer, even if it's their driving styles/lack of judgement that causes the problem in the first place.

My conclusion, buy what you like and you are happy with.. but personally, I would save up and go forged.

Last edited by WhitePano; 05-07-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 05-07-2010 | 07:12 PM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by WhitePano
You CAN put cast wheels on a Mercedes as long as the offset/bolt pattern are correct. A few companies make you use centering rings because the center bore is used for multiple vehicles. If you like the cast wheels, find a set that works correctly and buy them.

Pros for forged wheels is that they are made vehicle specific, higher quality materials, you can increase the size over your stick wheels and they will weigh less/or the same (most of the time), allows you to customize colors etc. Repair is easy if you mess one up and they just look better all around. Putting cheap wheels on an AMG car is like wearing flip flops w/ an armani suit IMHO.

If you spend enough time online, you will find someone has something to complain about with every brand. No one is ever 100% happy and they always blame the manufacturer, even if it's their driving styles/lack of judgement that causes the problem in the first place.

My conclusion, buy what you like and you are happy with.. but personally, I would save up and go forged.
+1!
Old 05-07-2010 | 07:14 PM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by bruin420
Great looking wheels! GLWS