C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Just bought 2006 CLS 55 030 package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badm
Question , are Rentech mods approved by Mercedes and don't effect the warranty
can someone answer this question please?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Wow.....

OVER $50k for an 06 55, with bald rear tires? and that's a "real pickup"?

In any event, it is a great car, and yes, who is your warranty with? Wheels, tires, and ride height are your best bet--tough to get a whole bunch of performance upgrade, as these cars are pretty "tightly" engineered...so be careful. Wheels/tires/ lowering all give you lots of eye appeal for the $$...
Old 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG 030
franniestopdatQuote:
Question , are Rentech mods approved by Mercedes and don't effect the warranty

can someone answer this question please?
I think it depends on the dealer. Some will and some will not.

I went to MB dealer last week and talked to the service MG. And he said as long as I used Renntech and his MB service dep. installed it, it would not void the warranty. He also said that they have installed the Renntech Ecu on several and have had on problems… He said there was one c63 he had with Ecu trouble. MB works with Renntech to solve the prob. And as it turned out it wasn’t Renntech, it was with MB and they fixed it with out any trouble.
I called Renntech and talked to Corry and he confirmed it. He also said that MB and Renntech work hand in hand and Renntech would do what they had to do to fix any problems.

Needless to say I am having them do the Renntech on mine.
I will be dropping my CLS 63 off Thursday for the ECU, header and carbon fiber intake.

You should talk to all of your local MB dealers service MG first.

Good luck
Old 06-23-2010, 07:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 E 450 4 matic wagon, cadilliac CTS AWD performance ,2018 VW Tiguan SUV 2006 CLS55 030pkg modded
Warranty and car

Originally Posted by allenjdmb
OVER $50k for an 06 55, with bald rear tires? and that's a "real pickup"?

In any event, it is a great car, and yes, who is your warranty with? Wheels, tires, and ride height are your best bet--tough to get a whole bunch of performance upgrade, as these cars are pretty "tightly" engineered...so be careful. Wheels/tires/ lowering all give you lots of eye appeal for the $$...

Excuse me , if you have been watching the price for these car you would know that a really low mileage , I mean low under 20 k or less are going for high 48k to 50k+ and that depends if it a Mercedes dealer or private owner and options . This Car was from the original owner who never harderly drove the car it sat in a heated garage , service it at the same Mercedes dealer , and it took him a year and a half to get it from Germany on back order . I didn't want a car that everbody and their mother has had this car two three owners and no history and drove it any kind of way. Who in the hell serviced the car job blows foreign car repair know about those places. All service records through Mercedes.. including when it was shipped from Germany. And all these cars that are 10k and up have either new rear tires on or need them.. And the warranty is from a company my credit union uses for their members ... Makes a Mercedes company warranty look like a joke.

Oh , I've been talking to several turners to give it more power no problem just how far I want to go 550hp or over 600hp ..
Old 07-01-2010, 02:07 PM
R04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MKIV
And the warranty is from a company my credit union uses for their members ... Makes a Mercedes company warranty look like a joke.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by R04
+1

Still, sounds like a wonderful car. Enjoy & keep her classy...as mentioned, there are only ~2000 of these cars on the planet. Treat her well.

Last edited by VCA_AMG; 07-02-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 E 450 4 matic wagon, cadilliac CTS AWD performance ,2018 VW Tiguan SUV 2006 CLS55 030pkg modded
I totally agree

Originally Posted by mugatu22
+1

Still, sounds like a wonderful car. Enjoy & keep her classy...as mentioned, there are only ~2000 of these cars on the planet. Treat her well.
As the years go on the original 1st generation CLS , will go down as a automotive bench mark in design and class . The 55amg will eventually be Oh so special ... All other modern day sedans follow in our tire treads . Any many of these cars are fine automobiles in their own right.. Badm