C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

simple mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
simple mods?

i'm new to mercedes but am loving my new cls55. i'm not a car/engine expert, just really enjoy driving them. are there any simple mods a non-mechanical person can make to the car to get some xtra hp without voiding any warranties? any mods to the exterior that aren't expensive but make the car look more unique? my car is white and is all factory - only thing that might have been added was a window tint.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:07 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
Exterior mods -
- Clear front turn signals (get the chrome bulb too) ~$50
- License plate lights (just get the bulbs, the lamps are tough to change out from what I've read) ~ $20

Interior mods-
- Remove the visor labels from the alcantra (use Goof Off). Takes about 10 mins total.

I've had the car for 4 months and this is all I've done so far. The car is really perfect to begin with. I also bought another set of AMG wheels with Blizzaks mounted for winter that I'm waiting to install.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:31 AM

CLS55 & CL CK60
power = have it tuned by jeremy@oetuning.com will give u more than enough hassle free ponies for the buck. if it isnt enough a larger pulley will get u there. a tune runs +/- $1000

you can also clip the platic intake grates in front of the radiator. this has been proven to give a free +/= 5hp.

cosmetics i would make sure u have the stock 19" 5 spoke wheels and get lower with STAR. very inexpensive (<$300) and makes the car sit much better - especially on the 19's. another great cosmetic mod in my opinion is to change out the HID and fog bulbs to be all matching 6000k HID. should cost approx $300 installed.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by mikeydog
i'm new to mercedes but am loving my new cls55. i'm not a car/engine expert, just really enjoy driving them. are there any simple mods a non-mechanical person can make to the car to get some xtra hp without voiding any warranties? any mods to the exterior that aren't expensive but make the car look more unique? my car is white and is all factory - only thing that might have been added was a window tint.
Tricky question depending on who carries your warranty almost any mods can and will void your warranty. With that said contact Jerry Thornton jerry@eurocharged.com. He is the authority in this area. His tunes and cars have produced better *documented* usable power under the curve and better drive-ability than any other tuner.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:41 AM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by Rocket Boost
Tricky question depending on who carries your warranty almost any mods can and will void your warranty. With that said contact Jerry Thornton jerry@eurocharged.com. He is the authority in this area. His tunes and cars have produced better *documented* usable power under the curve and better drive-ability than any other tuner.

I LET Eurocharged tune my car and in no way shape form they are the authority my friend! they touched my car "AND Yours" and you know what happened..

Mine lasted 3 days and they blamed the world but themselves "FAIL" complete

On the other hand I drove my car 6 hrs to LET the REAL MASTER Jeremy @ OE TUNING touch my car and its been 6 months since and the car not only feels/drives sweet but makes very clean and safe power with proven track results and with a lot more power left on the table.

Keep it safe!!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
mercedes cls63
Smoke taillight for sure.
I have a set of smoke taillights done professionally .
Lightly smoke to give that cherry look.
Let me know if interested
Old 10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
I LET Eurocharged tune my car and in no way shape form they are the authority my friend! they touched my car "AND Yours" and you know what happened..

Mine lasted 3 days and they blamed the world but themselves "FAIL" complete

On the other hand I drove my car 6 hrs to LET the REAL MASTER Jeremy @ OE TUNING touch my car and its been 6 months since and the car not only feels/drives sweet but makes very clean and safe power with proven track results and with a lot more power left on the table.

Keep it safe!!
Thanks for the infomercial, but I'll stick with Eurocharged.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:46 PM

CLS 500
Additional cosmetic upgrades which all can be found on eBay include:

1) Change out your grille to a 1-fin or 2-fin grille. These go for $140 to $200 and are a simple swap with your stock grille.

2) Add a rear roof spoiler go for $75 unpainted. They also offer it painted.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
Some mods I did when I first got the car,

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...ther-misc.html
Old 10-22-2010, 11:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
They did absolute wonders on this guys car. The car ran like SNOT! It was a car they posted on here as a build, but I haven't heard what happened to the rest of the build thread?

http://www.eurocharged.com/index.php...buid&Itemid=96

Here's a pic of another project they were working on...

You want a real testament of how good a shop is, look at the gallery on their website and see if they are trashing their customers' cars for an impromptu photo shoot.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails simple mods?-image00013.jpg  
Old 10-23-2010, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
I'm so lost with this entire post. Do some research and stop drinking the koolaide my friend
Old 10-23-2010, 06:52 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by nick 55
They did absolute wonders on this guys car. The car ran like SNOT! It was a car they posted on here as a build, but I haven't heard what happened to the rest of the build thread?

You want a real testament of how good a shop is, look at the gallery on their website and see if they are trashing their customers' cars for an impromptu photo shoot.

Nick
Anandas car is indeed a monster...

here it is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCVpWyUatZs

oh and here is his current thread on it on planet supercar: (since he is banned here)

LINK

Thanks Nick, GREAT PIC of the SL65! Oh ya, btw, that would be the customer the day he flew in the picked up the car. Here is his thread on it and what he was doing when he was having fun.....

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...yesterday.html

Not one of us....

There is some great video of it as well tho on youtube!

customer launching at takeoff: LINK

customer doing donuts : LINK

Last edited by loungn14; 10-23-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: added links for those drinking kool-aid
Old 10-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by nick 55

Nick
that car is SWEET!!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by tgoss
I'm so lost with this entire post. Do some research and stop drinking the koolaide my friend
Ok i will...
Old 10-23-2010, 10:58 AM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by loungn14
Anandas car is indeed a monster...

here it is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCVpWyUatZs

oh and here is his current thread on it on planet supercar: (since he is banned here)

LINK

Thanks Nick, GREAT PIC of the SL65! Oh ya, btw, that would be the customer the day he flew in the picked up the car. Here is his thread on it and what he was doing when he was having fun.....

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...yesterday.html

Not one of us....

There is some great video of it as well tho on youtube!

customer launching at takeoff: LINK

customer doing donuts : LINK
I think u missed the point. He has banned multiple times here and other places for (amongst other things) being a jerk on the forums. Its silly already. Every thread "full throttle" aka "rocket boost" aka "racegate" turns to a negative/awkward/inflamatory thread.

The OP came here looking for recommendations on "simple mods" and of course "full throttle" chimes in under false pretenses AGAIN. The faster eurocharged/jerry can distance themselves from such monkey business, the better off they (and any forum they tout services in) will be. Find a new poster boy and stop sending minions onto the forum...It is so transparent.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:56 PM

2006 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by 030:63
Smoke taillight for sure.
I have a set of smoke taillights done professionally .
Lightly smoke to give that cherry look.
Let me know if interested
thanks everyone for the recommendations. i don't want to void my warranty so i probably won't make any major mods to the engine.

030:63 i see you're also selling your rims for a new project - r u getting rid of the cls or just doing something different. are the smoked tail lights the same ones in the pictures from the post you made today about the rims? i might be int'd. i see you're in mt view - i moved from los gatos a while back. wish i was local, i would definitely get the lights from you.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:11 PM

mercedes cls63
Smile

Originally Posted by mikeydog
thanks everyone for the recommendations. i don't want to void my warranty so i probably won't make any major mods to the engine.

030:63 i see you're also selling your rims for a new project - r u getting rid of the cls or just doing something different. are the smoked tail lights the same ones in the pictures from the post you made today about the rims? i might be int'd. i see you're in mt view - i moved from los gatos a while back. wish i was local, i would definitely get the lights from you.
I'm actually in San Jose. Keeping her . But had an itch. No what I mean?I had 2010 taillights and side mirrors installed. Also blacked out all chrome along windows and badges. ADV10 arriving next week(21")with a Mild poke.if you want the lights. I'll hook you up. Just sitting in garage. Very clean job on the smoke. You'll be happy. LMK. I'm rolling on my Vellanos (VHO) right now. Will be selling those too. Once new wheels arrive.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:13 AM

mercedes cls63
replace resonator with x-pipe .its a must! great sound that you can enjoy and cheap.
x-pipe=$75
labor=$75
total=