CLS63 AMG vs Nissan GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 11:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55, Audi A7, Range Rover Sport
Originally Posted by toniboi
Not trying to sound arrogant but as a CLS owner that's how I feel:

You always notice you're driving an AMG Merc everytime in the CLS, wherever you go.

Well, for the GTR, as I love it a lot too, I'd say I will take it to the track to feel its handling and acceleration every weekend but you will only see me driving in my Merc for the rest of the time.
Hope that helps!
Thats definitely true though! If someone ask you what you drive and you say a "Nissan GTR", thats all well and fine but when you say "CLS63 AMG"..their thinking, "Damn! What does this guy do for a living?!"
Old 10-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by beauphus
GTR is stupid fast - but after having driven both i like the overall package with the benz. its very quick, very comfortable, and has a certain mystique.

the GTR is a total sports car, not luxurious, and is not too versatile BUT it will beat most people you come in contact with.

and no matter what - a cls with the right wheels and drop, people will drool...

Have you ever seen a properly built GTR?

Originally Posted by Cyberous
If your 21 get the GTR,.. you can recover from track ready suspension/ride much faster.

When your older get the MBZ, you will appreciate it then.
The GTR is actually not a very rough car to drive... its actually quite comfortable.

Originally Posted by Flo1989
Thats definitely true though! If someone ask you what you drive and you say a "Nissan GTR", thats all well and fine but when you say "CLS63 AMG"..their thinking, "Damn! What does this guy do for a living?!"
If its appearance that you are looking for go with the CLS...

Here is my opinion... I have a pretty good background with both cars. I own neither but work at a shop that specializes in GTRs... and have been behind the wheel of my fare share of AMGs... not just the CLS.

GTR... if the car is stock, its not impressive, its pretty plane, I would do the CLS if stock for stock. Once you start tuning it, the car is exponentially fun. I have driven mild stage 1 cars to 1000 crank HP cars and I can say, these cars are just boat loads of fun, track, street, everywhere. Not as refined as a CLS but from pure driving entertainment, these rank high. For an asian import the car is pretty euro inspired I would have to say and its probably what makes me like it so much(since I generally dislike japanese cars)

CLS... Ooozes power, trq and is buttery smooth in stock form. The fit and finish over the GTR is leaps and bounds better. From a simple image perspective, the CLS is much classier than the GTR With 4 doors it makes the car a little more practical but both cars are actually very usuable cars. Trunk is larger as well and maintenance costs are a little lower too.

If it were me in your shoes I would probably buy the CLS... having said that the reason for it is because I am just leaving an M3 now... When I had my e class, and was going to my M3... my decision would have been going to a GTR over the CLS. I am ready for a comfy, fast, sport oriented car that drives itself, lol

Should you want more info on GTRs feel free to PM me it isnt out of the ordinary that we dont have at least 3 GTRs in the shop...
we needed two cars to give us all the GTR colors in the shop that day
Old 10-30-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
I went to the dealer and laid my money on the counter, that's as real as any vote gets.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Originally Posted by Flo1989
I'm looking to get a new vehicle; (08'/09')cls63 amg or a (09'/10')nissan gtr.
You're comparing apples to pineapples, no comparison between the two that are in 2 very different gene pools. Go drive both and spend time with both and you'll make up your own mind. Both are wonderful cars. Only you know what you need.

If you're looking for a stranger's input that doesn't know you at all, I will say that a 21yr old driving a CLS would look out of place...while a 21yr old driving a GTR would look right at home. Are you concerned with this type of superficiality? At 21, chances are you are. Enjoy a 2-door before you are married w/kids.

Originally Posted by scottyOTM
You can fit 2 more girls, at least (more if they are spinners) in the CLS. Question answered.
I like the way this guy thinks. BTW if you're in a CLS AMG or a GTR, they better be spinners. No sweaty fat rolls allowed in those rides, kthx.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by turbotom1
I went to the dealer and laid my money on the counter, that's as real as any vote gets.
haha, congrats.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:34 PM

[quote=VCA_AMG;4329065]You're comparing apples to pineapples, no comparison between the two that are in 2 very different gene pools. Go drive both and spend time with both and you'll make up your own mind. Both are wonderful cars. Only you know what you need.

If you're looking for a stranger's input that doesn't know you at all, I will say that a 21yr old driving a CLS would look out of place...while a 21yr old driving a GTR would look right at home. Are you concerned with this type of superficiality? At 21, chances are you are. Enjoy a 2-door before you are married w/kids.

I see what I said is starting to get taken out of context...I gave a brief overview of my situation and basically asked for cls63 owners to tell me what they like and dislike about the car...I know they are two different cars, thats why I said "I like them both for their own respective reasons". But I do not personally know a cls63 owner, so I was hoping to find some info out about the car that was not posted on mbusa. As far was what ppl think about me driving a cls, thats my LAST concern. Not to be cocky, but I've been known to have/buy/do a lot of things 21 yr olds just cant afford. The only ppl who would consider me "out of place" in cls I call haters (no not you, just speaking in general). But thanks for the advice bro!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Good luck w/your purchase, as mentioned you can't make a bad one between these 2 beasts.

When you buy, you'd better post photos!