C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Where is the Navi Disk located in the CLS??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550
Question Where is the Navi Disk located in the CLS??

I am trying to figure out my Nav/COMAND software version for my 2009 CLS. I have searched in the forums and online to find out where i can find the navi disk in the car to verify the Comand Version. I need to verify this asap before going back to the dealer since they will probably load the most current version since it was supposed to be done last month when I bought it CPO. Is there an additional DVD drive somewhere in the car or is it loaded to the COMAND system itself? Any help here would be really appreciated.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by mlb550
I am trying to figure out my Nav/COMAND software version for my 2009 CLS. I have searched in the forums and online to find out where i can find the navi disk in the car to verify the Comand Version. I need to verify this asap before going back to the dealer since they will probably load the most current version since it was supposed to be done last month when I bought it CPO. Is there an additional DVD drive somewhere in the car or is it loaded to the COMAND system itself? Any help here would be really appreciated.
Located in the trunk on the inside of the left quarter panel (opposite the gas filler door). Remove the carpeted panel door and you will see the unit. Also, I believe the command unit under navi settings will display the dvd version number.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:00 PM

2006 CLS55
Originally Posted by mlb550
The nav system and all the components are located in the head unit on the 09, 10 and 11 CLS. There is no separate drive in the trunk. To update the maps, the dealer will had to use an SD Card or a disc that will upload the updated to the head unit.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:53 PM

CLS550
Originally Posted by jdeezi
The nav system and all the components are located in the head unit on the 09, 10 and 11 CLS. There is no separate drive in the trunk. To update the maps, the dealer will had to use an SD Card or a disc that will upload the updated to the head unit.
Ok...if that's the case is there a way to check through the COMAND system what software version I am currently using? Someone must have figured this one out...i hope.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by jdeezi
Stand corrected on the 09 and later models. Looks like I'm driving an antique.