C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2011 | 12:28 PM

E350 coupe
Lowering Module

Which lowering module is the best and will allow me to lower the car the most?
Im picking up a 06 CLS55 in about a week and want to get the lowering module ordered before i get the car.
Could i get some of your input?
Old 05-31-2011 | 08:13 PM

CLS55
I'm running a Renntech version 1 (v1) in its lowest setting you can slam the car (2.25 inches - don't quote me on that measurement, its pretty low). Picked it up used from the classifieds for about $550, if you can still find one. There is also a version 2 and a 3, i believe the v3 can be hooked up to a remote so that you can raise and lower when needed without having to go into the passenger footwell to access the module to change the settings. For my needs all I use is the raise vehicle button when i need to clear deep/high driveways.

I cant really say if its the best of the lot thats available out there, but it does the job for me, has never failed, and is adjustable from slammed to off when needed.

If you're good with electronics and soldering, its an easy install, took me about 2 hours, or have a shop do it, i was quoted about $100-$150 to do the install if so.
I cant comment on the other ELM's out there as I have only experience on the Renntech ELM v1, but for me its the best!

you might also want to take a look at the Programa ELM, check this thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...grama-elm.html
Old 05-31-2011 | 10:15 PM

E350 coupe
Originally Posted by RRnelcheeze
I'm running a Renntech version 1 (v1) in its lowest setting you can slam the car (2.25 inches - don't quote me on that measurement, its pretty low). Picked it up used from the classifieds for about $550, if you can still find one. There is also a version 2 and a 3, i believe the v3 can be hooked up to a remote so that you can raise and lower when needed without having to go into the passenger footwell to access the module to change the settings. For my needs all I use is the raise vehicle button when i need to clear deep/high driveways.

I cant really say if its the best of the lot thats available out there, but it does the job for me, has never failed, and is adjustable from slammed to off when needed.

If you're good with electronics and soldering, its an easy install, took me about 2 hours, or have a shop do it, i was quoted about $100-$150 to do the install if so.
I cant comment on the other ELM's out there as I have only experience on the Renntech ELM v1, but for me its the best!

you might also want to take a look at the Programa ELM, check this thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...grama-elm.html

Could you post up a pic of your car at the lowest? Im wanting to be able to tuck 20's at the lowest setting if posible using just the lowering module