C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

POSSIBLE REAR DIFFUSER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 04:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
POSSIBLE REAR DIFFUSER

Can any vendors here design a rear diffuser like this attached. Is almost the same shape to the original bumper. I know most of us will purchase it.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63 AMG
+1
Old 07-23-2011, 04:44 PM

CLS55
looks nice but too F430 like..
Old 07-23-2011, 10:12 PM

2004 m3
apdesign - thanks for initiating OUR interest to possible vendors. i agree that most of us here would purchase one immediately, maybe me and you can start this group buy list with immediate deposit to show our serious interest. 1x1 weave is my preference.

Alan
Old 07-23-2011, 11:16 PM

CLS55 M6
Id put a deposit for one!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:28 AM

I down Alan...let see if any vendors will reply to this thread and willing to do so. I've been searching for a long time and think this is the best rear diffuser so far for the CLS.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:30 AM

2004 m3
good. i also like the MEC bumper itself, but i will get rid of the two fin parts on both sides of the bumper as i find them distracting....
Old 07-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
for this kit you need to buy their bumper also, to go with the diffusor
they do not come separate. They have some cool stuff
if you can get their kit for cheap that would be cool
Old 07-26-2011, 12:42 PM

I agree with you Alan...I too like their bumper but the two fins parts on both sides just kills it, never a fan of design like that on a luxury car.

Zod, we are only talking about if a vendor can duplicate something like their diffuser only. It seem like their bumper is the same contour as our original bumper with slight modification to the side vends, therefore, it seem like it is doable.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
CLS55 AMG
company called chrome-tec makes a similar looking diffuser for the slk55... would it be even close to fitting a CLS?

http://www.chrome-tec.com/shop/Merce...BON::1157.html

Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
We can do something like that, or I personally think we can make it a lot better. Keep in mind, it cannot be as crazy becuase the one shown is taking up almost half the bumper. And if you want it a simple bolt on without cutting your bumper, it woud not go higher then where your existing part is.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:17 PM

xpl0sive - thanks for the great find, I'll check them out to see if they make one for the CLS.
BlackC230Coupe - what would be the cost to do what you suggested not too crazy since we want simple bolt on. The cost will determine to see many how guys wants in. So it will probably be similar to what xpl0sive posted. Please advise. Thx
Old 07-26-2011, 10:49 PM

2004 m3
Blackc230Coupe - it is safe to say that Apdesign and myself are looking for a bolt on part that fits without modifying our bumpers, with an acceptance that the diffuser piece will not be as extreme/high as the MEC bumper. The MEC bumper is a good example of how the diffuser piece should be (re)designed, but not the one shown on the SLK because the angle of the fins on the MEC is far more elegant. if possible, let us know how many people you need to get this prototype going, i am sure Apdesign and myself can be the first two just end our long nights of searches.

i prefer having this done in 1x1 weave as any scale larger than that will look odd at its transition to the vertical fins, just like the SLK one above. it would be even more ideal to have this done in a matte/satin finished carbon fiber just like the new finish Vorsteiner is offering on their parts.

please chime in APdesign
Old 07-27-2011, 03:57 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by alanm3sf
Blackc230Coupe - it is safe to say that Apdesign and myself are looking for a bolt on part that fits without modifying our bumpers, with an acceptance that the diffuser piece will not be as extreme/high as the MEC bumper. The MEC bumper is a good example of how the diffuser piece should be (re)designed, but not the one shown on the SLK because the angle of the fins on the MEC is far more elegant. if possible, let us know how many people you need to get this prototype going, i am sure Apdesign and myself can be the first two just end our long nights of searches.

i prefer having this done in 1x1 weave as any scale larger than that will look odd at its transition to the vertical fins, just like the SLK one above. it would be even more ideal to have this done in a matte/satin finished carbon fiber just like the new finish Vorsteiner is offering on their parts.

please chime in APdesign
I see and understand the look you guys are going after. This type of style is a lot more compex then say if we just make a 3 fin diffuser. This type of style we are talking about will involve a lot of engineering in CAD and digital scanning of the bumper. Then a good bit of handwork as well to perfect it.

What i am trying to say is, we can do this, but we would need a minimum 10 orders and each part would be about $1,200. Rather then say if you guys wanted a 3 fin style, it would be about $690 for 10 people.

We can do this in any carbon fiber you want, or even a carbon/kevlar mix so it can be made in red, blue, yellow, green etc.... As far as matte finish, we were the first in the industry to offer matte finishes on our parts. Our matte parts are not bare either, they are matte clearcoated with UV protection.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:23 PM

CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I see and understand the look you guys are going after. This type of style is a lot more compex then say if we just make a 3 fin diffuser. This type of style we are talking about will involve a lot of engineering in CAD and digital scanning of the bumper. Then a good bit of handwork as well to perfect it.

What i am trying to say is, we can do this, but we would need a minimum 10 orders and each part would be about $1,200. Rather then say if you guys wanted a 3 fin style, it would be about $690 for 10 people.

We can do this in any carbon fiber you want, or even a carbon/kevlar mix so it can be made in red, blue, yellow, green etc.... As far as matte finish, we were the first in the industry to offer matte finishes on our parts. Our matte parts are not bare either, they are matte clearcoated with UV protection.
Im in
Old 07-27-2011, 02:31 PM

I'm in as well as long as it looks closer to the Mec which Alan stated above. The 3 fins is not as special and I rather spend a bit more for something similar to the Mec. Alan I totally agreed with what wrote. Seem like we have 3 so far. Once this get a huge feedback we will need to post a new thread to get people in.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:42 PM

2004 m3
Apdesign- glad we are on the same page.

Blackc230coupe- definitely go with the matter version 1x1 weave with uv coating.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by alanm3sf
Blackc230coupe- definitely go with the matter version 1x1 weave with uv coating.
This would be the customers choice. We can make each one in a different weave and finish.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:47 PM

Blackc230coupe - is there any possible way you can have a sketch for us so I can do a new thread/post to start getting people interested. So far for sure we have three...we can easily get 10 I believe. Please advise. Thx
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
am in as well...i have your front bumper give me my *** now plz !
Old 07-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by apdesign
Blackc230coupe - is there any possible way you can have a sketch for us so I can do a new thread/post to start getting people interested. So far for sure we have three...we can easily get 10 I believe. Please advise. Thx
I really wish I was able to do that...But i do not have anyone here able to do a sketch by hand. It would need to be done in 3D and that can take a while to do, and will cost to much for just a feeler. I wish there was an better way.... I hope you understand.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I really wish I was able to do that...But i do not have anyone here able to do a sketch by hand. It would need to be done in 3D and that can take a while to do, and will cost to much for just a feeler. I wish there was an better way.... I hope you understand.
Understand...so what is the best way to come about getting this done. Myself, Alan and among other likes the way the MEC looks, but not too short/low like the 3 fins style. Having the diffuser comes further up the bumper really make it looks nice and elegant. Even only if you can only come up half way like the MEC and that part can use 3M tape will be fine. If I can kinda of Photoshop something like the MEC would that help you? Thx
Old 07-28-2011, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Viper SRT-10, CLS 55 AMG, 2012 Tacoma Off Road 4x4
I may be interested as well...
Old 07-29-2011, 03:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by apdesign
Understand...so what is the best way to come about getting this done. Myself, Alan and among other likes the way the MEC looks, but not too short/low like the 3 fins style. Having the diffuser comes further up the bumper really make it looks nice and elegant. Even only if you can only come up half way like the MEC and that part can use 3M tape will be fine. If I can kinda of Photoshop something like the MEC would that help you? Thx
As far as something sitting higher on the bumper then where the stock plastic part top starts, that will not be possible, it would just never look, or fit right, i most definitely would not take on doing that. It would only be possible to achieve that flat look with a new bumper, because the stock bumper, no matter what you make "stick" on it, is not a flat surface, so it can never look like what you want it to. It is also un necessary. We can achieve this look that you are going after without going higher on the bumper. Just look at the SLK55 shown. A design similar to that, however we will add more material to the bottom to make the fins look as they are continuing on down. You can photo shop something if you wish. I can then tell you if its doable to not. It is impossible to show you what would be made unless we actually took on making this project, actual renderings would take many hours and cost a almost 2k. However, examples and similar designs can help make it all flow together.

I personally think we can achieve this look and design a part much better looking then the MEC one above. However, projects like this in the end are based on track record and trust.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML63
How many do need to sign up for this project to start?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: POSSIBLE REAR DIFFUSER