Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Subaru STi
Considering buy 07 CLS63 AMG

Hi everyone,

First post here.

I'm considering purchasing either a '07 or '08 CLS 63 AMG. I was wondering if anyone could chime in as to how the maintenance is on an older Merc thats out of warranty. Any issues they have, things to look out for.. buying tips.. etc. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time

James
Old 06-16-2012, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Be prepared to buy
Gas
Brakes
Tires

It's pretty much bullet proof
Don't own one without an extended warranty just in case

Good luck
Old 06-16-2012, 05:44 PM

2011 Subaru STi
Originally Posted by m_berman
Be prepared to buy
Gas
Brakes
Tires

It's pretty much bullet proof
Don't own one without an extended warranty just in case

Good luck

Do you know what companies Mercedes will accept? Is there anything specific to look for when buying a used 63?
Old 06-16-2012, 08:31 PM

08 CLS63 AMG
Own an 08 cls63amg w/ 38ish k miles. I bought an extended warranty for mine. bumper to bumper 35k/3yrs in addition to factory for i think 2700 dollars. so far i haven't used it, however, I have noticed the following annoying things you may want to check out in yours:
one headlight fogged from inside
rear left door buttons don't work
3 LEDs out in left taillight
peppermint candy melted in rear 12v plug (awesome)
bluetooth adapter was long gone
center speaker cracked at higher volume
some fasteners under bumper were gone
lumbar adjust bar (button) on passenger seat gone
oh and my keyless-go fob batter was dead (but easily replaced)

Honestly - this vehicle is bullet proof and a lot of fun. I very much recommend it. She won't disappoint.

Keep us posted!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Saw a black CLS63 from those MY on 90/94North near noon around Chicago yesterday while zooming my way to Schaumburg in my E63. Boy, that CLS sure looks sexy even after all these years. Well, it's no doubt since that's the one that started this whole 4-door coupe thing for the automotive industry.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W219 CLS63
I own an 07 CLS 63 and would just like to add as well that this car is...like all the others said... bullet-proof. It'll take anything.

Maintenance wise.. without a warranty it may get expensive depending on how much of it you can afford, etc.

but for the most part. The tires are pricey and it chugs gas like no other, and thats about it.

and as for my problems so far, it has 21k on it and the only problems I see is that one of the fog lights has "fogged up" on the inside, the paint looks kind of "worn out" it has swirls in the paint and few paint chips on the front bumper..it might need some professional paint retouching here and there, annnddd the drivers side seat has a few creases....

Hope the ones you find are in mint condition. I got mine last year with less than 16k on it and so far the thing hasnt dissapointed yet. Mine was in absolute fabulous condition considering it was more than a 5 years old and there were very very minor flaws in it.

Good Luck!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:24 PM

08 CLS63 AMG
Good call AmmarYasirA - paint is troublesome on mine as well. I recently had it wet sanded w/ 2-3000 grit and it seemed to get rid of the bulk of it, however, prior orders must have tailgated like a **** because the front bumper and hood will be repainted when I get back to the states. All of my cars have been black, however, this black doesn't seem to be as resillent as others.

Out of curiousity, Ammar - have you had any weird issues/idiosyncrasies w/ your 07?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W219 CLS63
phemerlein- welll, like I said earlier, considering its a car that has been barely driven, the paint looks clean and sharp in pics, but when the light hits it, it makes the car look old and worn out... I really dont know how to explain it in text, but, when i look at newer cars with more miles on it, the paint still looks new (these are also black Mercedes cars).

I dont know exactly what I should do to it, but I was considering getting an 09' or a 10' with the 030 performance package.. It might not have that "worn out" paint, either that or a Quattroporte.

The paint doesnt look that serious, maybe professional buffing would help.. but other than that, I have no idea what to do with it.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:00 PM

E500
just to input on the paint if you get a professional to "detail" or wet sand and buff it you will see most if not all of the surface swirls disapper. To bring out the depth in the paint you can have them apply some polish as well.