C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Emissions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 s500
Emissions

I can't get my s500 to pass emmisions because the evap system keeps saying not ready. I replaced my battery and have put on almost 300 miles since but they won't pass it until that evap system clears. I did start with the gas cap but not sure what else to do. Any suggestions to get that code cleared would help me a ton. Thanks
Old 11-17-2019, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG
Hello,
I'm sure by now you have rectified the issue. I also had the same issue after disconnecting and reconnecting my battery. If you already don't have an ODB scanning tool, do yourself a favor and buy one. I invested $100 dollars via Amazon for the BlueDriver Bluetooth scan ODB scanning tool that works with my smart phone. It works for many vehicle car manufactures including most Mercedes. I have a 2006 CLS 55 AMG and it worked for me. In the ODB scan smog scan test option, it revealed Evap not complete. After some on-line research, I found this useful information on the internet regarding "drive cycle for incomplete readiness" for Mercedes emission testing.

https://justsmogs.com/2016/06/merced...ed-smog-check/

In my case, I went directly to step number 7 making ensuring my fuel level was between 1/4 to 3/4 full. I started the car and allowed it to idle for 20 minutes. I ran the scan for Smog using my scanning tool and it was completed. Emission tested and it passed.