C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS 55 no boost/power loss

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 05:48 PM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
Next time don't buy a modded car all your doing is being someone headaches and abused crap...Have that car retuned as any car modded when bought should be retuned for a safe measure as a new engine is 5 grand installed vs 300 for a retune..
Old 08-29-2019, 07:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 CLS55, 2005 G500
Hello gents, so I picked up the car from the shop today. Like I said, $2600 (Canadian) including diagnosis, MB genuine parts, labour (for the fuel pumps) and to fix the wiring.

Now... on to the car.. HOLY SH*T. I come from camaro ss and challenger srt background and this seems wild compared to those. I did not expect the driving experience to be this much fun! Tony from race iq sent me the burble and pop tune which will include fine tuning the ecu for the smaller pulley. I'll plug it in when I get some time this weekend and unleash hell on to the neighbours.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:47 PM

Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
CLS55
Check your ltft with that raceiq tune. I could never get my car to run correctly on their tunes.. usually runs rich from what I've seen or heard so it's not the worst...
Old 08-30-2019, 07:49 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
Originally Posted by PieRat
Check your ltft with that raceiq tune. I could never get my car to run correctly on their tunes.. usually runs rich from what I've seen or heard so it's not the worst...
Hmmm interesting you say this. With your ltft being out of whack how was that affecting your driving experience?
Old 08-30-2019, 08:15 PM

CLS55
I assume it was equally rich on WOT so losing powers. I would get codes because the fuel mix was too rich 15% on each bank. I would also have weird situation in which the fuel trims for partial throttle and low/idle were different %s. But worst of all no rev limit would be applied to the car and it would drop out of gear when it went over 7k revs in manual mode or sport mode wot. Tried a bunch of tunes from him but nothing worked so I went back to eurocharged never had a problem and ltft always 0-2%
Old 09-03-2019, 06:24 PM

I assume it was equally rich on WOT so losing powers. I would get codes because the fuel mix was too rich 15% on each bank. I would also have weird situation in which the fuel trims for partial throttle and low/idle were different %s. But worst of all no rev limit would be applied to the car and it would drop out of gear when it went over 7k revs in manual mode or sport mode wot. Tried a bunch of tunes from him but nothing worked so I went back to eurocharged never had a problem and ltft always 0-2%
Wow thats quite a few issues there. Will certainly make me do more research on choosing where to go, I was convinced it was the place to go to.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:42 PM

CLS55
Yeah mate its hard, because I know a lot of people on the forum with good mods/cars are making good power with his tunes and swear by them.

All I can speak to is my experience, and I have heard of quite a few people having issues with fueling on his tunes (usually rich, which is much better than lean IFAIK!). The rev limiter issues seems more unique to me . I think he does sort the fueling for most people, but I have seen people give up.

Eurocharged I think have always been one of the premier tuners for this platform, and while they get talked about less these days from a tuner perspective they do get some good results in their shop car which I think speaks for itself.

Jerry's customer service has always been on point. RaceIQ customer service is ok. They're friendly enough and he does respond in a timely manner, but eurocharged was always quicker and raceiq never offered a refund despite their tunes not being usable so thats another miss for me.

Whose your tune with currently, local dyno?
Old 09-22-2019, 06:28 PM

Yeah mate its hard, because I know a lot of people on the forum with good mods/cars are making good power with his tunes and swear by them.

All I can speak to is my experience, and I have heard of quite a few people having issues with fueling on his tunes (usually rich, which is much better than lean IFAIK!). The rev limiter issues seems more unique to me . I think he does sort the fueling for most people, but I have seen people give up.

Eurocharged I think have always been one of the premier tuners for this platform, and while they get talked about less these days from a tuner perspective they do get some good results in their shop car which I think speaks for itself.

Jerry's customer service has always been on point. RaceIQ customer service is ok. They're friendly enough and he does respond in a timely manner, but eurocharged was always quicker and raceiq never offered a refund despite their tunes not being usable so thats another miss for me.

Whose your tune with currently, local dyno?
Sorry man been offline for a while. I have a custom tune done locally here on a dyno and recently moved back to sea level so gained a decent amount of boost coming from 5000ft elevation. However interestingly enough my timing has gone for a ball of turd so definitely needs a new tune.