C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

New guy saying hi and getting informed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS63 AMG
New guy saying hi and getting informed.

Hello, a little about me first... I'm 42 and am the foreman in a collision repair facility at a GMC, Buick, Subaru, Honda and BMW dealership. I'm pretty mechanically savvy, but not a mechanic, although there's not much I'm scared to do. I've built several of my own cars over the years, but the one I recently purchased came already built. That's a first for me.

The car in question is a 2007 CLS63 AMG. It was built by Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale back in 2011. It sports a Weistec Stage 2 supercharger and supporting mods. Also, big Brembos and HREs. I have been researching it and learning about it for the last couple weeks. In doing so I've also read about the typical issues and watched several vids already. I plan to address some of these potential issues which is what has brought me here.

One of the things I think may be a simple question to get answered is does the Weistec Stage 2 kit include injectors? I'd think with this much of a power increase the stock injectors would need to be upgraded, but I don't see any mention of it in the instructions for the kit, nor do I see any injectors in the pictures of the kit on their site. The instructions do mention injector pigtails though and I don't know why that would be mentioned unless the injectors were being upgraded. My curiosity comes from reading about the tendency for these injectors to stick open. I'd rather deal with that as a preventative step vs suffering a potentially devastating breakdown later.

Secondly, I've read about the lifters sticking as well and the head bolts. I plan to swap out the bolts and while I'm in there the lifters as well. I've read that M159 lifters resolve the issue, but I feel like I've seen two versions of them, one for like $300 and another for like $900. I need to look into this more, but maybe someone here can clear up my confusion. Are there two options or am I just seeing crazy price differences from different sources?

Lastly, I was going to post a couple pics of the car, but they will not load. Unaccepted file type. Guess I need to learn about that as well. So, in the meantime, here's a link to the dyno vid from when the car was built...
The following 2 users liked this post by oneandgone:
Digritz (11-30-2020), hyperion667 (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 01:45 PM

Received 246 Likes on 204 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
If you have not already spent some time on the W211 AMG page you will get a lot more people looking at you questions there. The CLS (W219) is based on the same W211 (E Class) platform, so all mechanicals are pretty much identical. Here is the link https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/
Old 11-30-2020, 02:20 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
Hell yes!! CLS FTW!