Cls55 Car won’t move

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls55
Cls55 Car won’t move

Hey everyone Hope everyone is well .

I have a 2006 cls55 amg. I’ve had the car for 3 years . Bought it at 71k miles now at 100k. Always oil changes at the dealer . No major issues or any issues really .

One day I was driving around 15mph when I floored it . The car went for a second then just rolled to a stop . Engine was revving but car not moving . No nosies out of the ordinary . Car rolled fine . Park on the transmission still worked .

Check engine light came up . I check it with my basic obd2 scanner . P0730 was the only code . While on the side of the road I decided to just get it towed .

At home when I put it into reverse or drive you hear the rpms change but car don’t go. Only thing that changed was a consistent slow tick ... Tick ... tick ... coming from the transmission area only on park and neutral . If I leave it in drive or reverse for a minute the car will want to die after a while . So I reset the car battery ,Sneaky reset for transmission nothing changed .

So I read about changing the conductor plate and 13 pin connector since I’ve never changed it .

I drain the transmission fluid it was normal color . Small bits of metal but nothing out of ordinary. The 13pin connector had some oil in it. I dropped the valve body and conductor plate . Ordered from fcp euro the whole conductor plate kit .

It came in I reinstall everything back to normal . Fill it up with atf Started the car nothing changed . Same problem . Same tick .

I ordered the Icarsoft Mbii for Mercedes. Once it came in I went through the process to read the tcm. It show nothing of significance. The codes it gave I look it up and nothing came from it to do with the issue . Look like past issues from previous owner

Only thing helpful was live data .

In park
selected gear position -p
targeted gear position -p
actual gear position -p

Drive
Selected gear position -D1
targeted gear position - D1
actual gear position-N

Reverse
selected gear position-R
targeted gear position-R
actual gear position-N

So I double check the infamous gear selector bushing and clip . Still was there and on ...

I called two Mercedes Benz dealers . Both said $250 a hour for diagnostic with no cap on how long it will take .

Im completely stumped . I’m trying to rule out the issue . But I don’t know what else to check .
If it’s the tranny that’s fine I’ll get rebuilt but not going to take it apart to be something small issue lol I’ll be so pissed .

sorry for the long story . Any help will be thankful
Old 12-15-2020, 07:43 PM

cls55
I’ve also had the car running for hour putting it in any gear P,R,N,D
trying to have the car produce a check engine light . Nothing comes up . No direction
Old 12-16-2020, 08:38 AM

Received 243 Likes on 203 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
The trans fluid could have migrated to the TCU and damage it. You really should run a complete scan using MB Star as your scanner probably only looks at engine codes. You need to see what codes are set for the trans. Those codes don't always set the dash light. There are all kinds of things that can go wrong within a trans. If you can't get it sorted out don't waste your time and money with the dealer. Find a good independent trans shop to look at it. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:41 AM

cls55
Makes sense. I will do that . Thank you a lot for the help .

Originally Posted by machild
The trans fluid could have migrated to the TCU and damage it. You really should run a complete scan using MB Star as your scanner probably only looks at engine codes. You need to see what codes are set for the trans. Those codes don't always set the dash light. There are all kinds of things that can go wrong within a trans. If you can't get it sorted out don't waste your time and money with the dealer. Find a good independent trans shop to look at it. Good luck.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
Sound sill but make sure your battery is good and that the alternator is giving it a constant voltage.
Old 05-15-2022, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E-350
Reaching out to discover if you've obtained any traction with your situation? I'm sort of in a boxing match with a similar situation myself. The difference is when I jacked the vehicle up, the rear wheels will spin (very slowly until I manually assist and then they increase in speed "Only FWD" even in Reverse). Waiting for new scanner to arrive to reset new conductor plate and perform adaptations but I think the vehicle should still drive (erratically).
Old 06-01-2024, 05:50 PM
NAH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clk 350
What I found

I bought a good running not moving clk 350. I knew it was a transmission problem. Price was right.😉. My first merceds but probably my 20th transmission.
No codes on dash
Smell fluid, barely any smell and doesn't look to be trashed
Removed pan. Slight bit of clutch material, this transmission was probably serviced regularly. BUT 3 little sparkles.
Pulled transmission... checked tolerance on clutches. Seemed OK. Found 1 other sparkle in the whole thing.
removed front pump. It was in 5 pieces. Itbroke so quickly it didnt have time to push contaminants through the system. Because I already have it torn down I will rebuild anyway.

This is it
The following users liked this post:
nd-photo.nl (06-02-2024)