C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS55 - Kenwood Steering Wheel Controls Adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
CLS55 - Kenwood Steering Wheel Controls Adapter

I have scoured the various aftermarket stereo threads and installation pages, but still haven’t been able to locate a clear answer to my dilemma. I have also gone through the typical adapter webpages, but rarely do they have any products listed as working for the 2006 CLS 55, with Harman Kardon system.

Does anyone know what steering wheel controls adapter will definitely work to control a Kenwood DMX 958xr double din car stereo. I have it by passimg the MOST system and through a Audison DSP and then out to the speakers. Everything works perfectly except the steering wheel control adapters that I and the high end stereo shop who is now assisting, don’t work.

I previously had a Dynavin after market radio that was hooked up the same way and its steering wheel control adapter worked, but that one won’t work with the Kenwood.

I know it is a Comand NTG1 system, like many others of the same vintage, so I think it’s just not a lot of adapter manufacturers have specifically tested it on a CLS55.

If anyone can send me in the right direction, would be very much appreciated.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:05 AM

Received 243 Likes on 203 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by estiff
I have scoured the various aftermarket stereo threads and installation pages, but still haven’t been able to locate a clear answer to my dilemma. I have also gone through the typical adapter webpages, but rarely do they have any products listed as working for the 2006 CLS 55, with Harman Kardon system.

Does anyone know what steering wheel controls adapter will definitely work to control a Kenwood DMX 958xr double din car stereo. I have it by passimg the MOST system and through a Audison DSP and then out to the speakers. Everything works perfectly except the steering wheel control adapters that I and the high end stereo shop who is now assisting, don’t work.

I previously had a Dynavin after market radio that was hooked up the same way and its steering wheel control adapter worked, but that one won’t work with the Kenwood.

I know it is a Comand NTG1 system, like many others of the same vintage, so I think it’s just not a lot of adapter manufacturers have specifically tested it on a CLS55.

If anyone can send me in the right direction, would be very much appreciated.
Since the CLS55 is based on the W211 E55 you may get a lot more info on your question over on it's page https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/
Old 06-06-2024, 12:12 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2004 e500
https://shop.enfigcarstereo.com/merc...tion-products/

I used this company when I installed my Kenwood 1057xr with aftermarket amplifiers. My surfing wheel controls work.