C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Variant coding issues ""Help!"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55
Variant coding issues ""Help!"

Hey everyone. I have recently jammed myself up. So I recently installed headers on my cls55 and decided that I would attempt to turn off the CEL for the rear o2 sensor that no longer existed. I've heard of people doing this with Xentry however I currently do not have access to that system. I do however own an auto scanner that can perform variant coding. I was able to shut this feature off however upon doing so it has caused an issue with communication to the ECU. Thus I have a ABS light and and ESP malfunction. I've tried to revert the setting however the ECU and other modules are not happy. If anyone could point me in the right direction about this that would be greatly appreciated. The following are the stored codes.

ESP code: 4A30 Engine control module not identified or incorrect control module
​System diagnosis (CAN) 930E synchronization of the DTC memory cannot be ensured

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-11-2024, 04:13 AM
SPONSOR

Received 818 Likes on 634 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Blackronin
Hey everyone. I have recently jammed myself up. So I recently installed headers on my cls55 and decided that I would attempt to turn off the CEL for the rear o2 sensor that no longer existed. I've heard of people doing this with Xentry however I currently do not have access to that system. I do however own an auto scanner that can perform variant coding. I was able to shut this feature off however upon doing so it has caused an issue with communication to the ECU. Thus I have a ABS light and and ESP malfunction. I've tried to revert the setting however the ECU and other modules are not happy. If anyone could point me in the right direction about this that would be greatly appreciated. The following are the stored codes.

ESP code: 4A30 Engine control module not identified or incorrect control module
​System diagnosis (CAN) 930E synchronization of the DTC memory cannot be ensured

Thanks in advance!
So
First thing to check is if it's just bugging due to the poor quality of those aftermarket tools

so take the battery off 20 min then delete all faults

if that doesn't work means that your scan"thing" messed up your coding
two solutions
A Xentry system:

Unless you know your original coding strings,

A at the dealer, they will recode your car to stock
B a professional coder like what we offer that have access to your original coding or rebuild it from scratch

This happens a lot. be aware that there is NOTHING aftermarket that will code a MB properly 100% of the time.
not even $3500+ Autel

Old 03-11-2024, 08:22 AM

CLS 55
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
So
First thing to check is if it's just bugging due to the poor quality of those aftermarket tools

so take the battery off 20 min then delete all faults

if that doesn't work means that your scan"thing" messed up your coding
two solutions
A Xentry system:

Unless you know your original coding strings,

A at the dealer, they will recode your car to stock
B a professional coder like what we offer that have access to your original coding or rebuild it from scratch

This happens a lot. be aware that there is NOTHING aftermarket that will code a MB properly 100% of the time.
not even $3500+ Autel
Thanks. I will give that a shot today. I was actually using A fairly high end autel scanner to perform the task. I have used this function before to perform coding tasks on different vehicles and have hadh no issues however that is not the case this time. Is there any way to figure out the factory coding string? I am able to imput it as sting with my tool but of course i dont have that info. Also what do you charge to rebuild from scratch and what is the process? Will I need to send in my ecu in or can this be done remotly?remotely? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:48 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Thanks. I will give that a shot today. I was actually using A fairly high end autel scanner to perform the task. I have used this function before to perform coding tasks on different vehicles and have hadh no issues however that is not the case this time. Is there any way to figure out the factory coding string? I am able to imput it as sting with my tool but of course i dont have that info. Also what do you charge to rebuild from scratch and what is the process? Will I need to send in my ecu in or can this be done remotly?remotely? Thanks for the help.
Yes I know, that's why workshops move to my offer, Autel messes up as they don't have any official access to the real coding date

That service is only for BenzNinja members sorry

just go to the dealer and ask them to code your ecu back if the battery trick didn't help
Old 03-12-2024, 05:27 AM

CLS 55
Yes I know, that's why workshops move to my offer, Autel messes up as they don't have any official access to the real coding date

That service is only for BenzNinja members sorry

just go to the dealer and ask them to code your ecu back if the battery trick didn't help
There are some things I would like to code out also So i will be back in the same boat as before I messed it up. Can you send me info on how to become a member or is this service geared more for Dealers and repair shops? Is it more cost effective to go to the dealer?
Old 03-12-2024, 05:50 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
There are some things I would like to code out also So i will be back in the same boat as before I messed it up. Can you send me info on how to become a member or is this service geared more for Dealers and repair shops? Is it more cost effective to go to the dealer?

Hi
all info is here and also the forms to ask pricing
www.benzninja.com

for members, all repairs a free lifetime
Old 03-12-2024, 09:32 PM

CLS 55
Hi
all info is here and also the forms to ask pricing
www.benzninja.com

for members, all repairs a free lifetime
I guess I am still just kind of unsure which one of the items I should ask pricing my particular issue. If I order the CBFWare Ultimate Pro +FlashWare Ultimate Pro would I be able to do the coding myself? I read the descriptions about the software but I was not 100% clear if that was something that I would be able to do with that software. If you could direct me in the right path I will request a quote. Thanks for all your help with this matter.