C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

ESP ABS light on, limp mode, no power steering, no speedo.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 12:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
ESP ABS light on, limp mode, no power steering, no speedo.

Hey all, here’s hoping someone can help me since i’m not having much luck forum searching on my own, recently bought a 2006 CLS55 and i’ve been loving it as it hasn’t had many major issues yet, until recently. noticed one day after a car wash that my esp, abs, ps, went out with my speedo, also got a brake light warning in my cluster and i was stuck in second. happened to be closer to a local parts store than home so parked there, disconnected the battery for 15 and restarted in an attempt to let the systems restart and the warning might be gone- nope! had them scan it just to see and they got esp module and left wheel speed sensor. Now normally, with any other car i’ve ever had, i would just buy the speed sensor and the module and throw them at the car essentially, but if there’s anything i’ve learned in the past 5 months of owning this, it’s that a lot of different things can trigger a lot of different codes. and I know i should have someone with a star scanner look at it but i don’t like stealerships and don’t know anyone with one, so until i get a chinese one im sol on that side. Anyways, with me deciding I wouldn’t be able to do anything else at that exact moment, i decided to go home, the car would not leave park. i had to turn it off and on about 3 times in order for the shifter lever to leave the park position, oh well, got it in drive and while driving it started to shift again and my speedo came back. i then got home and parked it for about 5 hours, came back outside to it and started it up for ****s and giggles thinking “oh maybe it had something to do with the water” and voila! all warning lights were gone and car was driving fine. that was about 4 days ago. fast forward to today and i’m at work and it’s raining outside. not worried since it’s rained before and i’ve never had an issue, welp, got all my warnings back immediately but noticed a change. the first of which was the state of limp mode i was in was different. previously i was stuck in second and could go up to 6k rpm if i wanted to (obviously did not) but this time i was stuck at 3k rpm (not an issue just an observation) next the esp and abs lights were still on but their message changed to “esp display malfunction, visit workshop” and abs respectively. no brake light either, but besides i still was not getting esp, abs, ps, car was in limp, no speedo. went home and that was that for the moment. let it sit for 7 hours this time went back and still had all the warnings. under the hood is dry and so is the trunk so i’m at a loss. can’t personally see how a speed sensor got rained on that bad considering their location so im more towards the idea of esp module or steering angle sensor but im lost.