C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

European Delivery for a CLS 55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Dodge Viper Mamba Edition - White
European Delivery for a CLS 55 AMG

Is anybody in the US going to take delivery of their CLS 55 AMG in Europe? Or has anyone in this forum taken delivery of a US version CLS 55 AMG in Europe so far?
Old 02-16-2005, 05:21 PM

2003 E55 Techtite over Blue Leather.
I wasn't aware that Euro delivery was offered for any of the AMG cars.
Has that changed???
Old 02-16-2005, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by E55Soon
I wasn't aware that Euro delivery was offered for any of the AMG cars.
Has that changed???
As far as we know, MBUSA offers European delivery on the CLS 55 AMG. The only problem is that on the CLS model, they don't give you the 7% discount that they usually offer on all other models.

If you need any assistance, call MBUSA and ask for Marco at extension 3238. He works in the European delivery department and he's a great person to know if you want to take delivery of your CLS in Europe!

Hope that helps all of you who are interested in taking European Delivery for a new CLS 55 AMG. And don't forget that if you do take delivery of your car in Europe, you get two weeks of free registration and insurance plus you can have your car delivered to any Mercedes dealer in the country at no extra charge to you.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by NelsonExotics
The only problem is that on the CLS model, they don't give you the 7% discount that they usually offer on all other models.
When placing my order for the last two AMG's I've purchased I was told that Euro-D was not an option. Others at this board have said you can sometimes pull it off if you can find someone at MB willing to do a lot of extra paperwork from which they'd get no benefit.
It would be nice if MB would make Euro-D a standard option.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by amg55
When placing my order for the last two AMG's I've purchased I was told that Euro-D was not an option. Others at this board have said you can sometimes pull it off if you can find someone at MB willing to do a lot of extra paperwork from which they'd get no benefit.
It would be nice if MB would make Euro-D a standard option.
Your 100% right. You would have to find a dealer who would be wiling to do all the extra paperwork from which they'd get no benefit. I know that most of them will not do it but there are some customer friendly dealers out there who will do it for you. You just gotta find them.

And by the way, European Delivery is a standard option for the CLS but most dealers refuse to admit that in order to avoid the extra paperwork.

Last edited by NelsonExotics; 02-16-2005 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:17 PM

it looks to me that you cant even get the CLS500 though the European Delivery program, and the sl cl and any AMG models.
check this out
http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...menu=3_0&sub=6
Old 02-16-2005, 09:30 PM

amg55 - are you in So Cal by any chance? If you are, I know someone you can talk to about Euro delivery.

Not sure if this is the same with all dealerships across the country, but this is the deal with my local one. They can do Euro Delivery on any AMG vehicle, but the problem is that the dealership is allowed two spots (for AMG cars) per calendar year. Which means you probably need to get a jump on it. He did say though if I really wanted one, and the two spots were taken up, he could request it from MBUSA. And like NelsonExotics said, there is no 7% discount and I believe you can have your car delivered to any dealership in Western Europe.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lov2xlr8
it looks to me that you cant even get the CLS500 though the European Delivery program, and the sl cl and any AMG models.
check this out
http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...menu=3_0&sub=6
I know it's hard to believe this but... ON MANY OCCASSIONS, YOU CANNOT RELY ON WHAT THE MBUSA WEBSITE SAYS... because they take forever to update their site when something new comes up!

The European delivery is available and we know that for a fact because one of our customers will be taking delivery of their new CLS 55 AMG at the end of April in Germany!

Every authorized Mercedes dealership in the country should be able to offer European Delivery but they don't. If we can offer it to our clients and we are not even an authorized Mercedes dealership, I don't see why they wouldn't do it as well!

Last edited by NelsonExotics; 02-16-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by TMans
amg55 - They can do Euro Delivery on any AMG vehicle, but the problem is that the dealership is allowed two spots (for AMG cars) per calendar year.
Yes, that is 100% correct. Each dealership can not sell more CLS 55 AMGs than what they are allotted each year. Otherwise, I'm sure one of them would sell everyone's allocations like hot pancakes.

Originally Posted by TMans
amg55 - He did say though if I really wanted one, and the two spots were taken up, he could request it from MBUSA.
Nope, the salesman is wrong and that's not gonna happen in a millions year.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:13 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Until the Fat Lady Sings

A word of caution though. I am aware of one or more persons who had scheduled European Delivery for their SL55's when they first became available, only to have MBUSA cancel all European Delivery orders prior to scheduled delivery.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by northbenz
A word of caution though. I am aware of one or more persons who had scheduled European Delivery for their SL55's when they first became available, only to have MBUSA cancel all European Delivery orders prior to scheduled delivery.
That is very true but there was a reason why that decision was made by MBUSA. Many of the dealers complained that they were losing money with European Deliveries because customers got a 7% discount. However, I really doubt this will happen again because to avoid that problem, MBUSA does not offer the 7% discount on the new CLS 500 nor the CLS 55 AMG.