Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Originally Posted by rguy
schwarzwagen,

You think a good BJ would be taken in lieu of pay for their friendship?
depends.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
schwarzwagen,
You think a good BJ would be taken in lieu of pay for their friendship? Would it at least get me a donut and a test drive?
Our local stealership down here in LA does not offer donuts but you sure can get a test drive (in a non amg car), a free bottle of water, and a nice warm chocolate chip cookie!

Not bad for an afternoon with nothing to do lol.

But its not worht dealing with the people at that local stealership... the cookies are not that good!

Rguy -- In what city do you live? Just curious
Old 03-11-2005, 05:40 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
.....The word service is never mentioned in my post. I said that you establish relationships first and based on that you don't have to negotiate because nobody BS's each other...

...Lastly, about the service drive thing. I just don't see how it keeps on coming up. I think maybe you attach your sales experience to your service experience and put them under the same umbrella....

....It just doesn't develop any kind of relationship that you can rely on if something goes wrong with the car...... .
Rguy - Take it the right way, but you did mention service.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really what I meant by that wasn't something that was a service issue, but something that was a car issue. For example, it turns out to be a lemon, not really a service issue because no amount of service is going to fix that. In other words, what I mean by something going wrong with the car is something that isn't serviceable and requires higher levels of action to be taken. Hope that clears it up.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:23 AM

Nothing
When something goes wrong with my car, I go straight to my salesman and the general manager of the dealership. I don't go to the service manager because he wouldn't know customer service if it bit him in the butt. Because of my history of not jerking the dealership around, haggling for every last penny, and yes, not requesting too many BJ's. They fix stuff when stuff goes wrong, others they would just turn away, because they know I am coming back and that I am reasonable. My business is valuable to them because I don't make a big fuss every time I come around their way. The good dealerships value relationships over profit. They know that giving a good deal and great customer service means that the person won't look elsewhere.
I have to agree with you one this. Unfortunately my local MB service department is also lacking badly when it come to customer service. I have build up a good relationship with my salesman, and every time I have a problem with the car I go through him. I have only once gone to the service department directly, and received bad service from them. But I also have to say that I got a good deal when I bought my C32. They even sent me on a driving course for free.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I dont feel like reading this thread, but u can buy my C55 under MSRP if you want!
Old 03-12-2005, 08:12 AM

06 E55 current, M5 Sold, C32 Sold, 330xi Sold
lol send me a pm with an offer maybe we can work something out if your serious
Old 03-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by vimzin
lol send me a pm with an offer maybe we can work something out if your serious

PM sent.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I dont feel like reading this thread, but u can buy my C55 under MSRP if you want!
the c55 isnt worth anything close to msrp anyway. i see them in the high 40s all the time.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
the c55 isnt worth anything close to msrp anyway. i see them in the high 40s all the time.
mind showing me a link? i have seen ones with about 3k miles selling for no less then 56k.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
mind showing me a link? i have seen ones with about 3k miles selling for no less then 56k.

im going out now but my lord u are very mistaken

go look at e-bay and then come back..... im sooo sooo sorry but AMG owners think their cars are worth a billion bucks. i have had enough amg cars to know they dont hold their value. the c55 is NOT worht near 56k on the used market. not even on the last day of the month with a blue moon AND a full tide.

C-class amg cars are known to flop in value and im sorry thats a fact. i took a bath on my c32 and the C55 is no different.

have a great night
Old 03-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
im going out now but my lord u are very mistaken

go look at e-bay and then come back..... im sooo sooo sorry but AMG owners think their cars are worth a billion bucks. i have had enough amg cars to know they dont hold their value. the c55 is NOT worht near 56k on the used market. not even on the last day of the month with a blue moon AND a full tide.

C-class amg cars are known to flop in value and im sorry thats a fact. i took a bath on my c32 and the C55 is no different.

have a great night

First of all you need to take it easy man, I personally think you a nice guy and I happen to like to read alot of posts you have with valuable info, but i see no reason to come off like such a "I know everything and i am always right type".

Go look at ebay and come back? ebay has nothing to do with the used car market. Some cars will sell on ebay for less then any black book price or even wholesale price. Ebay is not something to go by to determine a cars value. Go take a look on autotrader.com and tell me what you see for a C55.

I am not one that looks at what used cars values are, so the only place i quicky looked is autotrader. THATS IT. I am not even going to bother looking at ebay. I also don't remeber saying my car is worth X amount of dollars, so you take take that "AMG owners think their cars are worth a billion bucks" comment and do you know what with it. I love when people try to put words in my mouth when i never even said i think my car is worth 90k or 20k. Some how you are just assuming i think my car is worth 10k over sticker or something.

I hope you had a nice evening as well btw.