C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

POLL: How many people think obvious trolls like Gabri343 and M&M should be banned?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
POLL: How many people think obvious trolls like Gabri343 and M&M should be banned?

Yes or no. I ask this because this is one of the few moderated forums where steps like this are rarely, if ever, taken, no matter how blatant the trolling gets.

For evidence, I offer their posting histories:

Complete listing of threads started by Gabri343:

Complete listing of threads started by M&M:

Shoot, in many cases, they use virtually the same thread titles!! Coincidence?? I'd heard rumors of people being compensated for stuff like this...at first, I discounted them, but when I examine the history of someone like M&M, who as I've pointed out here before has been doing this on multiple forums of BMW competitors for years, well, I do start to wonder....

Last edited by Improviz; 03-14-2005 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I think they just want to **** you off! and maybe they are just a bunch of car sales man, I think they want us to buy a bmw. hahahaha I think we need to hang em
Old 03-14-2005, 02:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Improviz
Yes or no. I ask this because this is one of the few moderated forums where steps like this are rarely, if ever, taken, no matter how blatant the trolling gets.

Shoot, in many cases, they use virtually the same thread titles!! Coincidence?? I'd heard rumors of people being compensated for stuff like this...at first, I discounted them, but when I examine the history of someone like M&M, who as I've pointed out here before has been doing this on multiple forums of BMW competitors for years, well, I do start to wonder....
Personalised attacks based solely on the merit of poor contributions neither warrants nor determines any actions by other members.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:54 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Improviz

i really dont see the big deal or why you get so worked up everytime they post...whocares...

i still beat them when i run them, thats all that really matters

who cares if they can beat us in the "twisties", they will proibably never be in a position to run us in a twisty twisty enough to beat us or show off their handling anyways...
Old 03-14-2005, 11:09 AM

C32, M3 SMG, VR-4, MR-S
Don't bother

These people come here with an intention to stir **** and **** people off. Don't bother with them. If you are upset by their post, you have already fallen into their trap.

As long as no one respond to them, the thread will die off naturally.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:25 AM
JeT

Originally Posted by 1313
These people come here with an intention to stir **** and **** people off. Don't bother with them. If you are upset by their post, you have already fallen into their trap.

As long as no one respond to them, the thread will die off naturally.
Well, I actually haven't read anything from them of late. But 1313 is right...don't respond, not even to say go away...make a total boycott of their posts.

This is easy to do - put them on your ignore list now.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by miroj
Personalised attacks based solely on the merit of poor contributions neither warrants nor determines any actions by other members.
I just read some of your posts on mbklasse...sure doesn't sound like you live by what you say, hypocrites are everywhere I guess.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
all M&M and Gabri do is come on this forum and taunt ppl, they show no interest in being MB enthusiests and have shown no positive contribution to the site... i say ban if you want to reduce the drama, or option 2 forum leaders pay to ship their 2 cars over here so they can line up with my C32 and I can tear them a few new @$$holes!!
Old 03-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
I just think that if a thread is titled "Poll" there should be a poll on the thread
Old 03-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 Brilliant Silver C55
Ban them both!! On many other sites they would have been BANNED long ago.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
i wouldnt have banned them but i would have "tweaked" their accounts if they were on my forum!! There are of course... worse things then ban!!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:54 PM

2010 E350 SP / Honda Crosstour / prior vehicles - C32 modded / C300 modded / Lincoln LS modded
What ever

I think they really wish they had Amg's, why else would they waster their time trying to **** us off.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Improviz
I admire your ability to go into very details (both technical and pratical) for evidence of anyone posting misleading information.
cnt
Old 03-15-2005, 12:47 AM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

G
ban them
Old 03-15-2005, 03:20 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
who cares....it's fun to read there idiotic comments for a laugh when you are stressed...
Old 03-15-2005, 11:29 AM
M&M

Say, is quoting times from the most respected magazines in the world considered idiotic. If it is, then we are guilty as charged. Remember there's always 2 sides to a story.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:34 AM

These guys barely make the radar screen and the level of traffic on this part of the forum is so low that I find it odd that you even find the time to care and further make an effort to have someone banned. They don't bother me a bit and frankly if a few guys stir the pot it tends to liven things up. If they bother you, ignore them. Remeber your the one who clicks on the threads and reads the content, no one is forcing you to participate.

And BTW, why are you, a CLK55 owner, in the C32/C55 forum making a case against these guys?

Last edited by 05C55; 03-15-2005 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Almost a Member!

58 Vette, 03 Toyota LC, 05 E3204Matic "cancelled purchase"
How does that old saying go? Be careful what you wish for you just might get it.

I have been on many forums that eventually go to pot becuase they got rid of all the nay sayers or trouble makers. With out them it's just plain boring. Is this going to become a forum that wants to ban people because of their points of view are different? So whats next? Anybody does not own an MB? Anybody that owns anything other than an MB? Anybody that posts anything but favorable news about MB's, the list goes on. With out these people to argue with half of the posters on here would have nothing to post about.

How many times do you want to hear how wonderful your car is or have to have your purchase validated?

If all you want is a forum of yes men the ban them otherwise let them talk. What do you have to worry about? If what they say can be disputed then do it, if it interests you enough, otherwise you are free to ignor them, as they are you.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Good points NASDAQ. I agree with your "First Amendment" approach to the trolls. Their staunch advocacy for their chosen brand is entertaining and even, once or twice, informative.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:44 PM

C32 AMG
i was wondering what happened to KAIN a few days ago so i checked e46fanatics and i found FrankW Oggle and JamE55 just clowning on him...hahaha
even some M3 owners were there laughing at him and contributing....

haha...so much love
Old 03-15-2005, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Damn, I was looking for my name in the title of the thread. I was expecting it for sure.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:28 PM

I don't think there is a need to ban anyone because they don't agree with you. Competition is what makes thinks interesting. Think of it this way. If there were no BMW Motorsports, AMG would still be this little independent tuner shop in Germany and most of us wouldn't be able to afford to drive one.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by 05C55
And BTW, why are you, a CLK55 owner, in the C32/C55 forum making a case against these guys?
Because this is their favorite haunt. If they trolled the CLK55 forum all the time, I'd have made the case there.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I don't have any problem with BMW fans.

Nor do I have a problem with people discussing BMWs in an honest fashion, and of course I don't want a bunch of yes-men, nor am I anti-first amendment. What I have a problem with is people coming here, repeatedly, with one agenda: to sell BMWs by posting BMW test data over and over, and repeatedly telling lies along with that.

Free speech is one thing, but there is the old "yelling fire in a crowded movie theater" test as well...these guys are not here to engage in friendly chats; they are here to market BMWs. Their posts are not to engage in discussion; they are designed to incite and to disparage the Mercedes brand, often in a dishonest manner as with M&M's post claiming to have run a very low 1/4 mile speed in a "bone stock" M3--which, I discovered after some digging, was done less than one week after he'd bragged about having installed drag radials at the South Africa Audi Club forum.

If they want to be the poster children for the BMW marketing department, fine, but why allow it here, in a Mercedes forum? I invite those of you who think this sort of behavior is tolerated in other forums to go to Gustav's M5board.com and do what Gabri343 and M&M have done here for over a year now, and see how long you last before he bans you.

Bimmerforums.com, a BMW forum as its name suggests, has shut M&M down in at least seven separate threads for trolling *there*. The South Africa Audi Club finally banned him after he'd trolled there for over three years. He constantly trolls Audiworld's S4 forum, doing the same thing there as he does here: inciting flamefests. And if you go back three years from now, he'll still be there. Is he just weird, or is he getting compensated for this worldwide trollfest? I don't know, but the point is, in most other moderated forums, this stuff isn't tolerated, and given his pattern of trolling forums literally for *years*, I can promise you with absolute certainty that he *will* continue to do it until he's shut down.

Similarly, Gabri343 has posted three times in the past year the same Autocar article. He comes in once every month or so, drops a bomb to incite a flamefest, and nothing is done. Case in point: here he is, back today, inciting another flamefest in the E55 forum...which also was not moderated.

And lo and behold, here's his BMW marketing buddy, M&M, chiming in with his usual load of spin and lies in the same thread.

Why not simply abandon moderating the forums if allowing trolls will be the norm? Why not change the terms of use to state "we cordially invite people who hate Mercedes to come here and waste forum bandwidth by stirring up flamefests"?

It's just ridiculous, and it's getting worse all the time.

Last edited by Improviz; 03-15-2005 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:35 AM

I don't care if they lie about BMW's, I have one, I know first hand they are junk. j/k, I've actually had a lot more problems with the mercs.

I'm not going to buy a car based on their rhetoric and I assume you can think for yourself as well.

Again, if they are bothering the C32/C55 crowd, we'll let the mods know. I for one and happy you come over to chat with us but again I fail to see any real damage or excessive aggravation being inflicted by these few trolls.

As several of us have mentioned, it does add a bit of drama and God knows this forum is so sedate to begin with it can certainly handle a bit of controversy (trolling and the like) now and again.

Let it go. Spell your name in a large parking lot with you Michelin Pilots.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: POLL: How many people think obvious trolls like Gabri343 and M&M should be banned?