C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

evosport V-6 Headers (C240, C320 and C32)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Nissan 350Z
what's the difference between these headers & the supersprint ones?
Old 03-17-2005, 03:54 AM

07 CLS550 & 07 Accord
interesting

I'm local as well and i'm def interested in Header too...Of course with Kleeman ECU+Exhaust combo will be much better to see more gains!!.....can't wait to hear some good news!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by more151please
i might be interested in the headers for the C55, i am local, and have been to your shop for a few things. I am perplexed because i wanna do a chip, audio, or headers. In your guys opinion headers or chip, the chip i would go with will probably be Kleemann's because it's price is more appealing. I know you guys use powerchip, but twice the price is kinda rough. I would be interested to see what your take is on it... thanks in advance...
LOL. I know that dilema. A long list of things to desire, and you need to rob a abnk to make it all happen!

As for the software, we do prefer and recommend only Powerchip. You can find cheaper solutions, but you will not find a better one - PERIOD. Kleemann does offer nice products, I have just not seen anyone put out the reliable gains and offer the kind of support that Powerchip offers. Also, realize, that ONLY Powerchip is tuned for CA91. All the others you will be looking at are based on European RON98 or US93.

Further, if you go with Powerchip, you can get a file specifically tuned for the header. This is a large advantage, as you must realize a header without a specific tune will make the car run lean. More air flow, smae fuel, equals a lean condition.

On a naturally aspirated motor, you are better of going with hardware mods first, then mating in the right software. You shoud see more gains at each step that way, giving you a better value.

Originally Posted by Richard023
Does Evosport have headers available for a W210 E430?
Not at this time. Again, we would need a car and a customer. This should be the same as the w210 E55, so we may be able to just need a customer, as we have a 55 here.

Originally Posted by 3199cc
any chance they will fit a 208 clk320?
There is a good chance. We did not want to say so 100% till we tested it. However, it should fit.

Originally Posted by ronnie0738
what's the difference between these headers & the supersprint ones?
The differences are slight. There is not a lot you can do in that space, so the design is somewhat restricted.

Here are the differences as we see them:

1. Improved flow through merge collector
2. Ceramic Coating
3. Better Value (less costly)
4. Made in the US (availble with zero to minor delays - big problem with SS)
5. Mercedes tuner built - so you have better vehicle specific support

Originally Posted by C55mOtiOn
I'm local as well and i'm def interested in Header too...Of course with Kleeman ECU+Exhaust combo will be much better to see more gains!!.....can't wait to hear some good news!!!!
Again, that ECU will not be tuned for CA91 and a header. Also, the factory exhaust is really really good. There is no performance reason to swap it post cats.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 03-17-2005, 12:56 PM

C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by 430
Brad you are correct it did not take long at all for the post to be
It seems to be back, http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...id=26#M1436796

Hopefully someone will bite. If not, like I said, I'll probably drive down myself.

I agree that it is ridiculous for the benzworld site to moderate the forum like that. Look at how I had to post my message. Brad, thanks for not being **** like the other site.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
WOW. It will be deleated again is my guess.

I hope it is not.

Simon and I will never admin this site like that. It is sad.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 03-17-2005, 06:46 PM

SLK32
SteveL that would be cool if you or someone drives down. As an FYI Hotshot is supposed to be making a header for the Crossfire. They make some good quality products for the Japanese Imports. Not sure when they will have them done, how good they will be or the cost.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

An environmentally unscrupulous person who doesn't have to succumb to sniffer tests may just decide to detach the stock system at the manifolds and in front of the resonator and gut the cat. Since the primary O2 sensors are used to set A/F ratio and the secondaries used to detect heating to assess cat convertor function, it would make sense that a crazy person may add stacked 18mm spark plug arrestors to the secondary 02 sensor port so the ECM would not trigger a CEL code and that all the inherent restriction of the exhaust flow in the stock system would be removed for the cost of some sweat, a crowbar, and a 7 lb sledge hammer. A person would have to be crazy to do this; but that individual would be $1500 + shipping richer.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:08 PM

2004 c320
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Evosport is proud to announce development and production of our own W203 C-Class Shorty Headers. Fitments include C240, C320 and C32 AMG V6 models.

Like all of our shorty headers, the installation of these is a direct bolt-in and does not impact the function or placement of the cats. They are also coated with our NASA-Spec True Ceramic Barrier coating (which will show up to a 120 degree drop in radiated temp from the header)

Headers feature:
  1. Single piece 3/8’’ flange design for leak free installation.
  2. Billet Steel CNC one piece collector flange.
  3. 1 5/8’’ primary pipes.
  4. Aluminized steel construction with 2000F HiTemp Coating.
  5. 10-15HP gains on C240s and C320s.
  6. 20-25HP gains on C32 AMG.
Here is a dyno on our C32:

Introductory pricing $1495

ho;y crap, why so much?? i noticed you prices are waaay too high - on other items as well. such as pully's, i found them $200-280
Old 03-10-2013, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by jimwv
ho;y crap, why so much?? i noticed you prices are waaay too high - on other items as well. such as pully's, i found them $200-280
Because 7 years ago when these came out they were the only game in town. All parts were crazy expensive.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:39 PM

2004 c320
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
Because 7 years ago when these came out they were the only game in town. All parts were crazy expensive.
ya you'r preaching to the choir. i have found prices not really that bad - if you spent some time. header i found $350, under drive pully for $180-275. just have to search. use other search engines other than google, web crawler, bing, ask...they WILL have different results. i like webcrawer. that was number one untill google came. i dont know why google is so popular. bing provides (i think) better results. but, bing is alot slower.