C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

speed sensor? for kenwood nav

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speed sensor? for kenwood nav

hey guys whats up i recently installed a kenwood navigation system in my car with the screen. i got everythinghooked up except the speed sensor. now i read up on the forum and i followed direction of under the bonnet at the rear by the drivers A pillar plug marked 24, you will need to connect the speed pulse to Pin 3. ok and that didnt work do i have to do this also to follow that and how do i do that Connect this wire to Connector A pin 1 and Connector C2 pin 6 And all should work ok?
Old 03-18-2005, 02:26 AM

2007 E550, 2011 BMW 335i
fanatic, do you have a C55, if so, could you please show some pics of the finished product, and any other pics you might have. I have a C55, and i want to do a kvt-915, and nav, or alpine, eitherway i would like to see how the dash looks when installed. Also, is the "teleAid" affected by this???
Old 03-18-2005, 02:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fanatic55
hey guys whats up i recently installed a kenwood navigation system in my car with the screen. i got everythinghooked up except the speed sensor. now i read up on the forum and i followed direction of under the bonnet at the rear by the drivers A pillar plug marked 24, you will need to connect the speed pulse to Pin 3. ok and that didnt work do i have to do this also to follow that and how do i do that Connect this wire to Connector A pin 1 and Connector C2 pin 6 And all should work ok?
Since you are using a Kenwood then how do you anticipate that you will have a C2 pin 6 to plug the wire into ?

Kiddo ...... you are on your own with the Kenwood end.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:17 PM

what up guys i am very confused on this situation. what wire and were is the speed sensor on this car everyone keeps telling me diffrent. thanks so much for all your help. i appreicate it
Old 03-18-2005, 03:18 PM

this is an install on a c32 2002 and i used a ddx7015 kenwood screen sorry i will post pics soon
Old 03-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Banned

this is an install on a c32 2002 and i used a ddx7015 kenwood screen sorry i will post pics soon
Firstly why are you doing this alone ?

I would like to contribute my experience in this conversion. Going from 463 COMAND to 203 vehicle.

1/ Changed the angle of the gyroscope on the COMAND from 15 degrees to 25 degrees. (Grey to Yellow clip) - can be done manually with protractor.

2/ Remove front SAM (3 screws) (wipers at top of wiping motion). Requires a mini ratchet tool with 90 degrees head and T20 bit. Carefully removed foam stuffing in thin plastic bag -> leads to ****pit

3/ Remove drivers side fuse box cover.

4/ Remove instrument cluster (needs to be done for GPS antenna anyway).

=========================================

- Run cable from SAM to area where COMAND will be installed. Side driver fuse area is a good place to catch the cable feed.

- clip wire into front SAM in position 24 at pin 3. This position (24) is reserved for auto levelling circuit so if you have Xenon from factory then it might require some extra work to get the extra wire in.

The underside of the SAM is clearly labelled as are the pin positions.

Housing = A 038 545 48 28
MCP Pin = A 013 545 76 26

- on the COMAND side you crimp a MQS pin (well known here) and insert this wire into PIN 6 of C2.

=================================
=================================

Since you dont have COMAND then I suggest you plug the speed wire into the kenwood.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:03 PM

hello sir how are you thank you so much for your help but i have a few questions i dont understand too well..

1) when u say Changed the angle of the gyroscope on the COMAND from 15 degrees to 25 degrees. (Grey to Yellow clip) - can be done manually with protractor. where is this clip located?

2) ok i have connected the wire from the kenwood navigation system to pin 3 position 24.

3) what exaclty do u mean when u say on the comand side you crimp a mqs in and insert this wire to pin 6 of c2? were is this pin located?

and then u suggested to plug the speed wire into the kenwood unit?

thank you so much for all your help!
Old 03-19-2005, 02:00 AM
Banned

hello sir how are you thank you so much for your help but i have a few questions i dont understand too well..

1) when u say Changed the angle of the gyroscope on the COMAND from 15 degrees to 25 degrees. (Grey to Yellow clip) - can be done manually with protractor. where is this clip located?

2) ok i have connected the wire from the kenwood navigation system to pin 3 position 24.

3) what exaclty do u mean when u say on the comand side you crimp a mqs in and insert this wire to pin 6 of c2? were is this pin located?

and then u suggested to plug the speed wire into the kenwood unit?

thank you so much for all your help!
Since you dont have COMAND but KENWOOD instead then ignore COMAND pin instructions.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:56 AM

ok so connect the kenwood navigation wire to position 24 pin, and thats all. i already did that and doesnt work. is it true i need a canbus adapter of some sort because this car doesnt have a speed sensor?

thanks so much for all your help!
Old 03-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Banned

ok so connect the kenwood navigation wire to position 24 pin, and thats all. i already did that and doesnt work. is it true i need a canbus adapter of some sort because this car doesnt have a speed sensor?

thanks so much for all your help!
How about this ...... you post a link of the rear connector and the pin arrangement and then we can answers this in 1 post instead of 20