Got Camber?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
ctC230K: That was kind of rude. If you have nothing to contribute to a thread, just get the **** out.
woah that time of the month i guess?
Old 03-21-2005, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ctC230K
woah that time of the month i guess?
Not sure where your original post came from but you quoted a guy demonstrating what happens to tires on the track with response of a handicaped person receiving an award. Why? Thread was nicely on topic for almost a whole evening. I think this is a new record. Why'd you derail the thread? But could we drop it so we don't hi-jack the whole thread?

smgC- do you have correction bolts in there? You could use the correction bolts then use washers on the lower 2 bolts of the wheel carrier. It's jury-rigged but is a "trick" a lot of people use.

Last edited by nukblazi; 03-21-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by nukblazi
Not sure where your original post came from but you quoted a guy demonstrating what happens to tires on the track with response of a handicaped person receiving an award. Why? Thread was nicely on topic for almost a whole evening. I think this is a new record. Why'd you derail the thread? But could we drop it so we don't hi-jack the whole thread?
"Doesn't matter what tire I run. This has happened to every set I own, although this set wins the prize!"
Made me think of that picture I saw over on eBaums. no need to get your panties in a knot, that picture is quite on topic considering it refers to smgC32's post. dang chill out people.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:12 PM

Nukblazi, I think you will find that the Flik wheels will hold up as well as the SSR's on the track, and if I am not mistaken, the SSR's require a 3mm spacer to clear a BBK caliper. Evosport could answer this question as they had the SSR's on their C32 with the Brembo bbk with 8.5" ET30? front wheels.

As for the correction bolts, I put them in and were only good for about another .25 degrees and I turned them in all directions. Shimming out the lower strut attachment point is the only alternative at this point. For safety reasons I would like to get replacement bolts that are longer by the same amount as the washers are thick. Get those camber plates going!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by smgC32
Nukblazi, I think you will find that the Flik wheels will hold up as well as the SSR's on the track, and if I am not mistaken, the SSR's require a 3mm spacer to clear a BBK caliper. Evosport could answer this question as they had the SSR's on their C32 with the Brembo bbk with 8.5" ET30? front wheels.

As for the correction bolts, I put them in and were only good for about another .25 degrees and I turned them in all directions. Shimming out the lower strut attachment point is the only alternative at this point. For safety reasons I would like to get replacement bolts that are longer by the same amount as the washers are thick. Get those camber plates going!
Agreed regarding the bolts, though I know a couple guys in e36 M3s doing it with the original bolts. Thanks for the info on the SSRs. The Fliks are not bad, I've just noticed some inconsistancies which concern me. On a couple of my wheels, one lug hole is cast "a little off", so my socket rubs the hell out of the wall. The other bit is the centric ring. It's plastic, and if I am not mistaken, melted to the wheel at VIR. I don't want to mess with it as it's not out of balance now. My thoughts were to have all seasons on the fliks for rain, and RA-1s on the SSRs...

The camber plates. This could be made a lot simpler if someone was interested and lived near El Dorado Hills, CA. Then we could provide measurement to Jeff in the flesh I need a vacation, but that's a long drive from Maryland.

Question; Why don't you prep the C32 and enter the USTCC series out there?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Wouldn't correction bolts interfere with the parking brake?

ctC230K: No, after seeing your posts, i"ve just come to the conclusion of not liking you.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Evosport could answer this question as they had the SSR's on their C32 with the Brembo bbk with 8.5" ET30? front wheels.
Yes, we had SSRs on our C32. They actually came with 3 mm spacer. So if you are buying them - spacer is part of the wheel.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
Yes, we had SSRs on our C32. They actually came with 3 mm spacer. So if you are buying them - spacer is part of the wheel.
Thanks Vadim. I bought mine for the C-Coupe, so no spacer. I will call tirerack to look into the 3mm deal. Thank you.

Rick, not sure where you're going with that, but no they wouldn't.

Tom
Old 03-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

I was just thinking all over the board. You guys are giving me ideas.

What if we could adjust camber from inside the car?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I was just thinking all over the board. You guys are giving me ideas.

What if we could adjust camber from inside the car?
Tein makes a system for the Evo8, I think it's Tein, you can adjust rebound and camber all that crap. Kinda funky, but you change camber, you change caster and toe. That's not exactly a good thing, but you can pre-plan and try to stay within a set of parameters. For track you want to be able to set a static parameter and you also want the dynamic settings to stay within a set of parameters... blah

You give me an idea for a sitcom, "Vraa's big freakin Sig!"

Last edited by nukblazi; 03-21-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Thanks Vadim. I bought mine for the C-Coupe, so no spacer. I will call tirerack to look into the 3mm deal. Thank you.

Rick, not sure where you're going with that, but no they wouldn't.

Tom
I don't think the SSRs actually come with spacers. I think only the tire rack gives them so they have a wider reange of applications. I.e people with C32 etc can use the wheels now. I know when I bought my old SSR GT3s for my coupe with c32 brakes from the tire rack they said there just custom spacers that the tire rack gives. No wheel manufacturer will really just give out spacers for fitments that I know of. But yeah, the 3mm spacer I used worked fine.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I don't think the SSRs actually come with spacers. I think only the tire rack gives them so they have a wider reange of applications. I.e people with C32 etc can use the wheels now. I know when I bought my old SSR GT3s for my coupe with c32 brakes from the tire rack they said there just custom spacers that the tire rack gives. No wheel manufacturer will really just give out spacers for fitments that I know of. But yeah, the 3mm spacer I used worked fine.
Neal, do you still have those 3mm spacers? If not I am calling tirerack tomorrow... I think with the 255 PS2 on the 8.5 SSR and a 3mm spacer I might have to roll my rear fender. Either that or camber the tire in more up top
Old 03-22-2005, 09:27 AM

C32
My SSR GT3s came with the 3mm spacers for the rear. I ended up taking them off because of tire rubbing issues. It turns out that they only included them because on some C32s the lug bolts will rub against the e-brake.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I converted to studs and lugs but I would like the spacers for additional clearance of the front strut and a wider track, even if only by 6mm.

Please let me know if you still have those spacers.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Neal, do you still have those 3mm spacers? If not I am calling tirerack tomorrow... I think with the 255 PS2 on the 8.5 SSR and a 3mm spacer I might have to roll my rear fender. Either that or camber the tire in more up top

Sorry, i sold them when i sold the wheels.

You may not have to roll the fender with that though, but i cannot say for sure.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by AaronC
My SSR GT3s came with the 3mm spacers for the rear. I ended up taking them off because of tire rubbing issues. It turns out that they only included them because on some C32s the lug bolts will rub against the e-brake.

For the rear? thats the first time i heard they needed them for the rears. You do have them on the fronts also right? My C230 with 19x9 SSR GT3 with 265/30/19 tire rubbed with no spacer on the rear.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Tein makes a system for the Evo8, I think it's Tein, you can adjust rebound and camber all that crap. Kinda funky, but you change camber, you change caster and toe. That's not exactly a good thing, but you can pre-plan and try to stay within a set of parameters. For track you want to be able to set a static parameter and you also want the dynamic settings to stay within a set of parameters... blah

You give me an idea for a sitcom, "Vraa's big freakin Sig!"
I tried to resize my sig. It's just a mess right now, I'll fix it soon.

What if you could though, change only the camber.
Highschool physics all over again
Old 03-23-2005, 12:47 PM

C32
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
For the rear? thats the first time i heard they needed them for the rears. You do have them on the fronts also right? My C230 with 19x9 SSR GT3 with 265/30/19 tire rubbed with no spacer on the rear.
Yes, I beleive that I also have them in the front, but the big problem I was having was in the back. They told me that they had not always included the rear spacers, but started doing it becasue of the e-brake issue.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:22 PM

C32 AMG, CLK 320
I just sold my SSR GT-3 19x8 and 9s for $500. On a C32 you will need spacers on the front and rear. Luke at the Tire Rack had some made for me. The spacer started out as a 10mm. They cut them down to 2mm, the spacer retains the center lip. I can post a picture if anyone would like. I can also have them made. SSR use coned lug bolts, not the ***** that are stock on our cars. I have them also. Good Luck
Old 03-24-2005, 03:21 PM

C32 AMG, CLK 320
Attached Thumbnails Got Camber?-spacer-1.jpg   Got Camber?-spacers.jpg  
Old 03-24-2005, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jon Winter
I just sold my SSR GT-3 19x8 and 9s for $500. On a C32 you will need spacers on the front and rear. Luke at the Tire Rack had some made for me. The spacer started out as a 10mm. They cut them down to 2mm, the spacer retains the center lip. I can post a picture if anyone would like. I can also have them made. SSR use coned lug bolts, not the ***** that are stock on our cars. I have them also. Good Luck
Jon, thanks for the images. I have the lug/stud kit from Rogue Engineering, and I have my SSR Comps., I just need the spacers, you do have them still?

Thanks,
Tom