C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

rear spring pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obsidian E55
rear spring pads

If this has been brought up times before then accept my apologies in advance.

Ive just took hold of my renntech springs, i am running 18 " amg wheels style iv, my question is how do i get the front and rear of the car to stand level, what pads should i use at the rear,stock or a differnet #.

Thx for your time

The car is a C32
Old 06-07-2005, 09:11 PM

2001 E320 (210.065), Brilliant Silver; 2002 Ducati ST-2, Arrest-me Red
Unhappy Sadly, it's not that easy

If you're happy with one end or the other, you only have to change spring pads on the one. The only way to find out is to see what you have in there. If you haven't yet installed the Renntechs, do that before you start playing with spring pads, since they're different rate they'll change the height.

Note, however, that MBZ's definition of level typically means that there is more clearance over the front tire than the rear; it doesn't look too good but it is "level".

At any rate no one can simply tell you what pads you'll need unless they have the exact same setup as you; maybe you'll get lucky in that regard.

Otherwise, the edge of the pad has little bumps or dots on it that you can feel if you can get your hand in up next to the spring. 1 dot is the thinnest, 5 is the thickest. If you pull the wheel you may be able to see the dots instead. From there you just have to figure out if you need the end you're working on higher or lower and get the spring pad that will most closely approximate the change. I think they go from 8mm to 28mm or thereabouts so you can see it's not much change pad to pad, but about 3/4 inch from the single dot to the 5 dot.

Good luck and enjoy the level ride,
Greg
Old 06-07-2005, 09:35 PM

Obsidian E55
Are spring pads available for both the front and rear springs, or just confined for the rear ?

thx greg
Old 06-07-2005, 10:43 PM

2003 C32
upon information and belief, rear only.