C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

SL-55 Y Splitter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"02" C32
SL-55 Y Splitter?

I have read on another site that a must have mod for the C-32 is the SL-55 Y splitter.
I have searched and found very little to document the time and effort to do this mod, So actual numbers are what I am looking for?

Has anyone here done this mod?
Is there any performance gains?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by MIHIFISI; 06-10-2005 at 02:34 PM. Reason: REASON FOUND
Old 06-10-2005, 12:59 PM

C32AMG
STFF?
Old 06-10-2005, 02:39 PM

"02" C32
(( START RANT))
Steve Clark, If you cant be helpful dont bother posting. I have dealt with KIDS on other forums that do the same thing you have done. ( Maybe it was your kids )
At 53 Y.O. I would hope for a little more out of some one of your standing. Just want some information for people who HAVE done this.
((RANT OVER))

Thanks
Old 06-11-2005, 12:22 AM

E55, C32, ML320
Generally speaking, I have to agree that taking a moment to search should yield the information you're looking for. This topic has been discussed in great detail.

I just searched on "splitter performance" and came up with a number of threads with such posts as this one from Vadim:

"SL55 splitter is worth about 3-5HP through out RPM range. The biggest difference is in "crispyness" of throttle response. I will look for the dyno graph."

Searching this forum for "SL55" should yield a number of threads that provide part #'s, $, etc. from those that have done this (including myself).

Depending on your mechanical skills, it can range from very easy to do (as I found it) to somewhat more involved (as another who tried it told me).
Old 06-11-2005, 12:25 AM

"02" C32
Thanks Blando!!! I have IM'd several members about their FEELING on what they have gained. Some are somewhat amazing. I will be ordering the parts ina few days unless I can find some one parting out their mods.

Thanks again!!!
Old 06-11-2005, 03:57 AM

C32AMG
Originally Posted by MIHIFISI
(( START RANT))
Steve Clark, If you cant be helpful dont bother posting. I have dealt with KIDS on other forums that do the same thing you have done. ( Maybe it was your kids )
At 53 Y.O. I would hope for a little more out of some one of your standing. Just want some information for people who HAVE done this.
((RANT OVER))

Thanks
At the time that was posted, it was a link to an MBWorld forum search for precisely what you were requesting...the same info that you so profusely thanked blando for.
He's right, as usual, in his comments about what a simple forum search on your part would have yielded, and the fact that this subject has been thrashed very well in the past.

Have a nice day.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:42 AM

"02" C32
STEVECLARK it seems that I owe you an apology, That being said, I apoligize. I just did not like the pretense of S.T.F.F. For those less computer savvy It means Search The Fuc*** Forums
At the time I did not even click on the link. So Thank You for taking the time to help me out.
But I understand I am new to the board so, that is to be expected.

Please accept my apology.
Thanks again