C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32's weakness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 / ////AMG
Nice Dyno and A:F graph - pretty flat. Absolute power....

Keep in mind, my stock C55 dyno'd 298 hp and 294 lb.-ft on the dynojet. Personally, I just wanna break 300 rwhp...
Old 06-26-2005, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
id line up with you in my C32... from a dig... street tires!!!
Are you kidding? Any self respecting dyno queen owner will want to take you from a 160 roll... :p
Old 06-26-2005, 11:18 AM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by whobob
You guys really want to line up? Why don't we bring out the BIG boys? Why must you guys pick on a slightly modded supra as mine? 800rwhp+ supra will walk on your *** all day. Benz owners are more ****y than I thought. C55 SC w/nitrous is not the ****.

How about this, I'll build my supra into a 1000rwhp beast and let's line up for some $$$?
I thought we were all just having some fun! But if you want to get personal...
First of all my C55 is THE ****! and against you're claimed "500 hp" supra IT IS THE **** AND WOULD WALK ON YOUR *** ALL DAY LONG!
now that we have that cleared up...
If you want to roll out with 800rwhp or 1000 why don't we roll it against my company's hooked up SL65?????
Cause that would be fun! and a bit more fair don't you think?
Let's compare apples to apples here...
So you go ahead and build whatever you want but keep in mind that this is an MB Board and that we don't like to have 1000 hp cars pick on our C32/C55.
and we are not ****y - just serious!
For the record I think the supra is awesome! and with 500 hp it must be a blast to drive...
Let us know when you get your C32/C55 - you could also wait for the C63...
BennyZ
Old 06-26-2005, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL65
Anyone in South Florida want to get together and run cars?

An ECU and pulley will get the C32 to run 12.8's at 108.

My C32 has the worst traction control. It almost killed me dozens of times. I had to turn it off every time I was in the car. It would just CUT power completely and leave me in the middle of the street or intersection at the mercy of the driver barreling down on me.

Sucked big time.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by BennyZ
I thought we were all just having some fun! But if you want to get personal...
First of all my C55 is THE ****! and against you're claimed "500 hp" supra IT IS THE **** AND WOULD WALK ON YOUR *** ALL DAY LONG!
Read my post again.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by C32AMG
Anyone in South Florida want to get together and run cars?

An ECU and pulley will get the C32 to run 12.8's at 108.

My C32 has the worst traction control. It almost killed me dozens of times. I had to turn it off every time I was in the car. It would just CUT power completely and leave me in the middle of the street or intersection at the mercy of the driver barreling down on me.

Sucked big time.
Is the traction control a butterfly plate or does the ecu pull timing?
Old 06-26-2005, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
This is last setup.

Silly, a C32 wants to line up with me. BTW, drag radials are condsider street tires.
i know ... but I'll do non-R compound tire vs non-R compound tire or Drag radial vs Drag radial if ya like... take your pick so long as its from a dig!! :v Oh and dont worry, I know exactly what a 500rwhp supra is capable of, I think it would be a fun freindly race!!

Come on lets keep this friendly on a friendly... no need to calll ppl c0cky here, everybody was just shootin the *****. As far as a building a fast car, I beleive the 2JZGTE is teh best damn motor out there, I give props for that. But to me a supra is a racey sports car and a MB is a daily drivable luxurious quick car. Supras are bad *** cars though, my buddy Marko D has a pretty quick supra!!! :v

A race b/w your supra and BennyZ's C55 from a roll would be a good one... but if u want me, its all about the dig baby!!

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 06-26-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Benny... you have the sickest W203 here... i would love to see the destruction your car would cause with a set of Micky Thompson drag radials.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Benny... you have the sickest W203 here... i would love to see the destruction your car would cause with a set of Micky Thompson drag radials.
I hope he has LSD if he wants to run the Supra in the 1/4 mile.Should be a good run.Especially for my Talon. Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL! Let me stay out of this one.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
I hope he has LSD if he wants to run the Supra in the 1/4 mile.Should be a good run.Especially for my Talon. Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL! Let me stay out of this one.
he doesnt need LSD... LSD is way over rated... with the current suspension on our C32/C55 we will hook up fine w/o LSD if you know how to drive!!! I have an open diff and 265 tires in the rear, watch me do a burnout and I will leave 2 even tire marks!!!

when i had -3.0 camber in the rear i still managed to pull of 1.9 60ft times consistantly at the track... but thanx to Speedybnz, my camber is now -1.1 :v !!! I should be able to go deeper into the throttle on teh launch w/o any problem hooking up!!

Also, with MT, hell even Nitto drag radials, if benny were to warm them up, he could powerbrake and go WOT launch, it will immediately hook w/o any tire spin, and send BennyZ's Ubercharged C55 out 60ft in 1.6 to 1.7 seconds. And this is with an open diff!! :v I mean, im on a non R compound street tire and how do you explain teh fact that I holeshot EVOs and STis all day long!!! If you ask around town, word on the street in S. FL is that Im one of the kings of holeshot...the only RWD open diff in that classification!!!

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 06-26-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

how do you explain teh fact that I holeshot EVOs and STis all day long!!! If you ask around town, word on the street in S. FL is that Im one of the kings of holeshot...the only RWD open diff in that classification!!!
I can't speculate on how you do it but 1.9 is pretty good.However I would like to question the driving skills and hp on the said Evo's and STi's.A good AWD driver will do anywhere from 1.5 to 1.8 60ftr.And yes the Supercharged C55 would be a real challenge to run against Me(Talon) Vs C55 F/I.I would'nt take it for granted since he's running NOS.Without the NOS there's NO FEAR. on my part.....But he better come correct.500hp Talon vs 500hp C55. 600 hp mods in effect for next race season.I'll see you guys down in Miami for some fun when I come to visit my Mom in Miramar in Sept.It will be a blast.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
I can't speculate on how you do it but 1.9 is pretty good.However I would like to question the driving skills and hp on the said Evo's and STi's.A good AWD driver will do anywhere from 1.5 to 1.8 60ftr.And yes the Supercharged C55 would be a real challenge to run against Me(Talon) Vs C55 F/I.I would'nt take it for granted since he's running NOS.Without the NOS there's NO FEAR. on my part.....But he better come correct.500hp Talon vs 500hp C55. 600 hp mods in effect for next race season.I'll see you guys down in Miami for some fun when I come to visit my Mom in Miramar in Sept.It will be a blast.
oh and dont let my 1.9 60ft time fool you... for some reason i launch a lot harder on teh street then on teh track ... it once was a secret until some1 in miami with a big mouth told the world!!

let me know... id love a chance to run your W202 C55... I used to have a C43 and was going to do the conversion but i ended up selling it for a C32!! Anyways, we can go get some drinks afterwards... loser buys winner the first drink :p !!

Last edited by BenzoAMGpower; 06-26-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

oh and dont let my 1.9 60ft time fool you... for some reason i launch a lot harder on teh street then on teh track ... it once was a secret until some1 in miami with a big mouth told the world!!

let me know... id love a chance to run your W202 C55... I used to have a C43 and was going to do the conversion but i ended up selling it for a C32!! Anyways, we can go get some drinks afterwards... loser buys winner the first drink :p !!
I'd give the edge to the C32R on that one.. You just wanna free drink!LOL! I would need the Talon.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:39 PM

RENNTtech C55
he doesnt need LSD... LSD is way over rated... with the current suspension on our C32/C55 we will hook up fine w/o LSD if you know how to drive!!! I have an open diff and 265 tires in the rear, watch me do a burnout and I will leave 2 even tire marks!!!

when i had -3.0 camber in the rear i still managed to pull of 1.9 60ft times consistantly at the track... but thanx to Speedybnz, my camber is now -1.1 :v !!! I should be able to go deeper into the throttle on teh launch w/o any problem hooking up!!

Also, with MT, hell even Nitto drag radials, if benny were to warm them up, he could powerbrake and go WOT launch, it will immediately hook w/o any tire spin, and send BennyZ's Ubercharged C55 out 60ft in 1.6 to 1.7 seconds. And this is with an open diff!! :v I mean, im on a non R compound street tire and how do you explain teh fact that I holeshot EVOs and STis all day long!!! If you ask around town, word on the street in S. FL is that Im one of the kings of holeshot...the only RWD open diff in that classification!!!

Benzo,

You are absolutley right! All I need is a set of good slicks.
My car is going in to the shop on Monday.
Time to put the new S/C (with a revised intake manifold) up the NOS to a 125 shot, and put on the rear brembos. Yes, Yes, Yes.
(I'm also getting a couple of cool gauges - one for the boost and another for the NOS - I will post pictures)
When it is all completed (I assume 4 days) I will need to break the car in for a few days...
And then it will be time to visit the track! I can't wait. I will post up all specs from dyno and track times.
Benzo,
Maybe I will take a drive to Miami - visit Renntech - I'll keep you posted!

BennyZ
Old 06-27-2005, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Benzo,

Time to put the new S/C (with a revised intake manifold) up the NOS to a 125 shot, and put on the rear brembos. Yes, Yes, Yes.
(I'm also getting a couple of cool gauges - one for the boost and another for the NOS - I will post pictures)
When it is all completed (I assume 4 days) I will need to break the car in for a few days...
And then it will be time to visit the track! I can't wait. I will post up all specs from dyno and track times.
Benzo,

BennyZ
Sounds good... let me know whem your comming down. I'll arrange a meeting/tour with Hartmut if you decide to come and visit RENNTech.

Oh and BTW, check out my gauges...
Old 06-27-2005, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
um.....I have no say on that, I never driven a C32, guess the weakness is more or less the same as a C55 except the engine. One thing for sure , AMGs are freaking expensive in my country, a 2002 C32 still asks for 70K :p
Old 06-27-2005, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Benzo,

Benzo,

BennyZ
I'd love to see your car.Pretty nice.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I did notice something "weak" about my car which I also posted on the AMG Forums site

C32 tends to upshift quicker than necessary resulting in too high of a gear for a certain speed.

I noticed that if I leave it in D and take a turn, the car is VERY sluggish upon exiting the turn. Unless I press it harder to downshift, but then its too much power.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:22 PM

Mercedes-Benz A170 CDI
Biggest flaw with C32 is because its a pre-facelift W203 C-Class, the build and interior quality is not that good, bad actually for a car of its price, hows about a C55?
Old 06-27-2005, 07:34 PM

C32 AMG
Hello Everyone,

My current car is a 500+hp 6 Speed Supra. It is one of the finest car ever built, monster horsepower and undefeated braking from 70-0(until the GT2 came out). It too has weakness such as loud tranny, major traction problem (could be good to some), valve stem seals, and many other flaws.

I'm doing some research and the C32 seems very attractive to me. But like every car, they have their own weakness. What are they?
It depends. If you want to be fast and arrive in style, there is no weaknesses. If you want to drag and track it, there is some and there were already mentioned by others here.
You have a heluva a car, It may be best car to mod out there, but you ain't gonna get what a Benz gives you. Same thing applies vice versa.
Respect and you will be respected.

Just my two cents!
Old 06-27-2005, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cayo71
It depends. If you want to be fast and arrive in style, there is no weaknesses. If you want to drag and track it, there is some and there were already mentioned by others here.
You have a heluva a car, It may be best car to mod out there, but you ain't gonna get what a Benz gives you. Same thing applies vice versa.
Respect and you will be respected.

Just my two cents!
I don't know but this is an assumption.However I would not have traded or sold my Porsche 996 Carrera 4 for a C32! Just my .02 cents.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 SL63 AMG
What is LSD?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:22 PM

C32 AMG
I don't know but this is an assumption.However I would not have traded or sold my Porsche 996 Carrera 4 for a C32! Just my .02 cents.
Like it is stated on my signature....I miss it! But only when I hit twisty roads. Since I'm in traffic 95% of the time I guess I made a forced good decision. Power when required. I don't have a money machine I can't have both. The good thing is that I had it and I know what it is to have one. Hopefully I'll get it again shortly without having to sell the C32.
BTW...I didn't get what you don't know about what I said...
Old 06-27-2005, 09:25 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Lowflight
What is LSD?
Limited Slip Differential
Old 06-27-2005, 09:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 SL63 AMG
Originally Posted by cayo71
Limited Slip Differential
Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32's weakness