Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
Frank,

Imitation the Best Form of Flattery.
"Touch'e," you are correct
but you beat me to it
Old 06-30-2005, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C219 CLS / W220 † / W211† / W210 E55 † / W210 Brabus † / Hamann 540i † /
Man you are RIGHT. You were the FIRST to put those Black Wheels on your car, the FIRST to put a flat hood badge, the FIRST to paint your grill, the FIRST to do whatever else you claim people copied on you car. You know what, I had a 540i blk/blk sprt 2 years ago with Blk Hartge wheels. You saw my car and decided to put blk wheels on your car, YOU COPY CAT!!!!

Get over yourself buddy, it happens. I doubt you see a clone of your car everyday, i bet you dont even see a clone driving around once a year. If the guy lives next door then its a problem, other than that get over it.

Ohh and PS. You car is nice bro, just chill
Old 06-30-2005, 08:31 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by dhan83
I don't really argue here Frank. It seems like you are talking to me, too. Ok, I give you credit for finding a nice wheels for a nice price. I thank you and I am sorry that I got the same wheels in different color. But I live in MA and in couple yrs later I will ship my car to my country(Korea). My reason for postig pics, threads, replies in this forum is to get some ideas, learn, and help others if possible. I could just get the same color wheels like yours without letting you know so you won't be mad. Does this still bother you??? If it does, I have no words to say ne more.
first of all, I'm not soo much pissed about people having the same wheel as I do as that happens all the time. who cares. second, I am pissed about the fact that you went out there supposly did your research on the LM6 that you wanted and I helped you with some informations about the rims and then you suddenly change your mind 2 days after I post my new rims up on the forum.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:34 PM

2002 c320 wagon
Originally Posted by FrankW
first of all, I'm not soo much pissed about people having the same wheel as I do as that happens all the time. who cares. second, I am pissed about the fact that you went out there supposly did your research on the LM6 that you wanted and I helped you with some informations about the rims and then you suddenly change your mind 2 days after I post my new rims up on the forum.
just drop it frank..its really not that big o deal....
Old 06-30-2005, 09:08 PM

Black 05 C55 AMG, White 04 325ci (SOLD)
Alright, I did not want to argue over this childish topic but I have to defend myself. Here is what you're missing. I canceled the LM6 because they messed up the painting. here is what I posted before.

I did actually ordered LM6 from CEC about two weeks ago.. they said they don't have black one painted. so, they send them somewhere to paint them. They called a week ago and said the painting came out kind of black orangish color... wow... then I was looking at Franks' new rims and thinking of getting that Axis rims.. and it looks nice, too. So, I'm about to cancel the order for LM6 which costed $7300.. and get the Axis Phin wheels.. I don't think the LM6 with $7300 is worthy. How is the Axis wheels' quality in performance?
After asking ppl in this forum, I thought LM6 that is $7300 and black orangish is not worthy. And I find out the cost of Axis PHIN wheels and the quality. Not bad. I had nothing in mind except for LM6 before. So, the next black wheel comes into my mind??? Axis. It's not like I canceled LM6 because I was so jealous and anxious about getting your new wheels.

If you are "pissed" about the fact that I got the Axis wheels "2 days after you post your new rims", would you be less "pissed" if I ordered it a month later? I was in the middle of searching for wheels and it happened to be the same date you got the new rims. And here is the question I asked you and info you gave me.

hi, first of all, nice wheels you got!!! i have question about your new wheels. I am actually thinking of getting that wheel. Where did you order from? I know there are a lot of Axis supplier. I contacted one supplier in Chicago, but they said Axis don't make Phin in black anymore. I want to get the black ones but can't find it. I would appreciate if you can give me some info. Thanks.

d.
the "supplier" you contact are actually their retailer. The supplier i.e. the manufacturer is in Taiwan. You should contact Axis directly. My friend doesn't want me to give out their private info.
I am pissed about the fact that you went out there supposly did your research on the LM6 that you wanted and I helped you with some informations about the rims and then you suddenly change your mind 2 days after I post my new rims up on the forum.
Change my mind of what? suddenly what? changing my mind of buying LM6? I was going to cancel it anyways and get other wheels which happened to be Axis wheels.

I'm really sorry that I posting this stupid argument here, guys. I am not really good at arguing like this. If Frank makes good point, I can say no more because I will not make better point. And Frank, I'm sorry that I made you mad but you got to understand my points here that i did not mean to copy your wheels.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Well, when you got a good lookin car...you kind of have to except that it'll happen to ya one day or another...
you're gay! :p
Old 06-30-2005, 09:52 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
this thread is so stupid.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Alright, I did not want to argue over this childish topic but I have to defend myself. Here is what you're missing. I canceled the LM6 because they messed up the painting. here is what I posted before.

After asking ppl in this forum, I thought LM6 that is $7300 and black orangish is not worthy. And I find out the cost of Axis PHIN wheels and the quality. Not bad. I had nothing in mind except for LM6 before. So, the next black wheel comes into my mind??? Axis. It's not like I canceled LM6 because I was so jealous and anxious about getting your new wheels.

If you are "pissed" about the fact that I got the Axis wheels "2 days after you post your new rims", would you be less "pissed" if I ordered it a month later? I was in the middle of searching for wheels and it happened to be the same date you got the new rims. And here is the question I asked you and info you gave me.

Change my mind of what? suddenly what? changing my mind of buying LM6? I was going to cancel it anyways and get other wheels which happened to be Axis wheels.

I'm really sorry that I posting this stupid argument here, guys. I am not really good at arguing like this. If Frank makes good point, I can say no more because I will not make better point. And Frank, I'm sorry that I made you mad but you got to understand my points here that i did not mean to copy your wheels.
dhan83,

relax.... this is a dumb topic to argue about.... you have the right to buy what ever you want.... even if your true intentions was to copy frank, who gives a rats A$$. You have the money, do what you please....

Frank,

you a well respected memeber of this forum...... this is a stupid topic to make a point about or even argue about...... so what he likes ur rims.... be happy that he is modding and don't hate.....
Old 06-30-2005, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
No matter what you do you will always have someone with the same car, same rims, same setup. If you want to be unique buy a EXOTIC CAR!!!

DON'T BUY FRANK'S WHEELS OR HE WILL START ANOTHER THREAD!!!! JK MAN!!!

Last edited by Rareamg; 06-30-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:13 PM

Black 05 C55 AMG, White 04 325ci (SOLD)
BTW, I've always wanted to get winter tires for Boston snow. When I got my flat rear and front tire from terrible puddle, I decided to get continental 225s winter tires and get another set of wheels and tires. I'm hating the ride these days.. winter tires in summer... just keep waiting for the spacers to be made... trying to be patient.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:18 PM

1997 C36 AMG
come on guys lets just get along ....

copy or not to copy , we all should enjoy and be grateful to have a chance to owner an AMG machine...

so guys let drop the topic....or maybe we should even blackhole it ..

Regardz,

J Irwan
Old 06-30-2005, 11:33 PM

2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
seriously, why can't people these day make their own freaking decision on what kind of wheels/mods they want?? and goes around looking at other people's car like "oh I like these rims on your car, so i'm gonna get it" (he/she orders it) and seconds later he/she sees someone else have some unique rims and goes "oh that looks good too, i'm gonna cancel the order I made earlier and get these instead" and actually got it without knowing everything that the other person went through to get those unique rims.

I mean I mod my car to be unique for myself and it's good to hear praise about my car to have its own identity. When I started to mod my car I know exactly what I want it to look like. I hate people that can't have their own imagination in creating their own identity. Asking people for advice/help when you have a clear idea in mind on what you want is one thing. Asking people for help because you don't know what you want and you only want it because someone has it is another thing.

just IMO.
Hey Frank, what's up man listen I like your wheels.....do they come in chrome? I would really like to buy those wheels they are hot. BTW what is your exact setup and how much did you drop your car? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2005, 11:36 PM

2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
I'm just BS "ing lolololol sorry man I just could not resist. I love this thread lol!

Copy cat lol. Tell that to all the LDR style makers and all car companies in the world that copy from each other ex MB and BMW idrive sclass, retractable hard to Lexus off mercedes.... 1st HID's MB and LIncoln now even Hondas have them WTF sorry dude dumb argument. It's actually flatterry and he did not even get the same color as you did he>
Old 06-30-2005, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
My say , this thread is A lot points, and not just about boring screws and drivers. A positive suggestion is anyone copying FrankW 's design will get Frank's signature painted on the car body. Frank will charge a small fee of $300. :p
Old 07-01-2005, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Frank I feel your pain but seriously buddy, relax, grab a beer and chill...

There's tons of people who will do the same mods as you, you're both enthusiasts, so why not say "hey they look great, glad to help you out" and if you still get mad about it, you could say the same about your blacked out grill or bi-xenons, other people have had done that mod before you, you're not mad at them. I'm sure you saw someone who has done the blacked out grill and thought to yourself, that would look good on mine. It's all about the modding game, you get some unique things -- you get some not so unique things. Who cares!?!?!?

I'm shipping you a 30, you can PayPal me later.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
ummm wait.....dhan83 has a C55, Frank has a C32? Cant really say he's building a clone and taking away from the "uniqueness" of Frank's car
Old 07-01-2005, 01:18 AM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
c55 is at least not a c32, so good thing it's not a direct copy. both cars are nice, and yes it would be frustrating to have someone copy your own exact stuff, but unfortunately it may happen. at least the car which got your rims is not a c32 with the same exact rims.

i'm having my hre's painted black - i planned that a long time ago and even posted about it on the forum. it's not copying, our rims look very different and are different. if black/black was something new and original, i would not do it out of respect for you. but the black on black theme is not original in itself, and in fact is very common on all types of cars. but no offense intended, your setup looks nice, and i hope my hre will have a nice black result as well.

there is a clone of my car like 10 mins away from me and yes it is at first frustrating. just be glad that the c55 is not a c32 with your axis wheels.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:24 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
c55 is at least not a c32, so good thing it's not a direct copy. both cars are nice, and yes it would be frustrating to have someone copy your own exact stuff, but unfortunately it may happen. at least the car which got your rims is not a c32 with the same exact rims.

i'm having my hre's painted black - i planned that a long time ago and even posted about it on the forum. it's not copying, our rims look very different and are different. if black/black was something new and original, i would not do it out of respect for you. but the black on black theme is not original in itself, and in fact is very common on all types of cars. but no offense intended, your setup looks nice, and i hope my hre will have a nice black result as well.

there is a clone of my car like 10 mins away from me and yes it is at first frustrating. just be glad that the c55 is not a c32 with your axis wheels.
holla to the SF krew!! I know Wilson from UCR
Old 07-01-2005, 01:31 AM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
haha wilson and i are not in SF Krew :p but yes, say wsup to him for me. i will be in socal next year
Old 07-01-2005, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
I just got finished watching a "teen model runway" show where all the beotches were beotching about this and that beotch copying this and that beotch's clothes, makeup, shoes, strut, *****, etc.

It made me think of this thread.

Last time I checked, the C32 and C55 were production run cars with a bunch of production run look-alikes, and whatever parts you ordered from J.C. Whitney are also available to those of us in "steerage." In other words, get off your frigging soapbox. If you want to be unique, order a custom car. Otherwise, live with your Orwellian reality.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
haha, you can purchse my hood but no1 will duplicate the fade paintjob....... i will be unique forever!!
Old 07-01-2005, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
I "Can't" believe this thread is still going???
Old 07-01-2005, 11:12 AM

C32 AMG 2002
young jedi

remember young jedi:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Old 07-01-2005, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Frank...

Everyone with Brabus V1's copied me and most of the wheels are not even real!

bhuhwauhauah
Old 07-01-2005, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by silverLorinserC
dude... speakin of..theres this guy like 5 min from my house..who has a c55 ... he put mayas on there and smoked the white part of his tail light.... after a month or so... all of the sudden he painted his wheels and grille black and he smoked the red part of his tail lights as well... i ran into him a couple of nights ago...and guess wut the first thing he says to me is... "how much is ur kit and where can i get it"...then he also had the nerves to call me a jock....WTF!? i do agree that Imitation is the Best Form of Flattery. but cmon man... get off deez nutz!
LOLOLOL, haha........yeah i heard something like that from a guy once.......he did mods like mine and then told someone else that he did it first and that why did i jock his style..........lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: copy cat...