copy cat...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 07:30 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
copy cat...

seriously, why can't people these day make their own freaking decision on what kind of wheels/mods they want?? and goes around looking at other people's car like "oh I like these rims on your car, so i'm gonna get it" (he/she orders it) and seconds later he/she sees someone else have some unique rims and goes "oh that looks good too, i'm gonna cancel the order I made earlier and get these instead" and actually got it without knowing everything that the other person went through to get those unique rims.

I mean I mod my car to be unique for myself and it's good to hear praise about my car to have its own identity. When I started to mod my car I know exactly what I want it to look like. I hate people that can't have their own imagination in creating their own identity. Asking people for advice/help when you have a clear idea in mind on what you want is one thing. Asking people for help because you don't know what you want and you only want it because someone has it is another thing.

just IMO.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-30-2005 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing
Don't worry Frank. Even though I think your car looks awesome, I won't copy it, hehe.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
You make a point, but you have to understand that there are many people in without an artistically creative mind. These people have a hard time envisioning what would look good without actually seeing it already accomplished. They tend to need a little assistance getting their looks together and we should all take it as a compliment if they want to take a piece of our creativity and incorporate it to their decor. IMHO
Old 06-30-2005, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
You make a point, but you have to understand that there are many people in without an artistically creative mind. These people have a hard time envisioning what would look good without actually seeing it already accomplished. They tend to need a little assistance getting their looks together and we should all take it as a compliment if they want to take a piece of our creativity and incorporate it to their decor. IMHO
exactly; its not like you went out and desingned the wheel and had it custom made or anything, all you did was buy it/order it,

sorry, man, people can go out and buy the same thing you bought it doesn't make it copying or biting ur style... your're not the first or last person to get those wheels

and, to top it off, you have replicas, so who's the one doing the copying exactly?!!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Well, that is not exactly the point I was trying to make but...to each his own.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
Well, that is not exactly the point I was trying to make but...to each his own.
I got ur original point, and you are absolultely right about it, but I'd say its not just people that are not "artistically creative" in general, its hard to know exactly how a wheel will look on ur car without seeing it in person (even in pictures its difficult);

I was also adding to ur point by saying Frank has no right to go off and say "oh, so and so is copying me because they bought the same wheels I bought" when

1. all he did was go out and buy the wheels from a retail shop, and
2. his wheels are replicas to begin with!!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:45 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by moa4r
I got ur original point, and you are absolultely right about it, but I'd say its not just people that are not "artistically creative" in general, its hard to know exactly how a wheel will look on ur car without seeing it in person (even in pictures its difficult);

I was also adding to ur point by saying Frank has no right to go off and say "oh, so and so is copying me because they bought the same wheels I bought" when

1. all he did was go out and buy the wheels from a retail shop, and
2. his wheels are replicas to begin with!!
1. these wheels came from the manufacturer's factory straight out of the container, straight out of the owner of the manufacturer's office in LA, and straight out of the un branded boxes into my hand along with the mono VI rep I got for my friend.

2. DUH!!

you want the prove?

1. original sample of the "PHIN" pic before anyone had any idea these replica exist. I got these pic on September 21st 2004. I can take a screen shot of the property of the picture if you want. You want to know why I didn't get it sooner? becasue they were busy with filling the orders made by Axis.

2. 06-06-2005 PM msg [quote]It seems like you know how to distinguish the real LM6. How do you distiguish the real LM6 and replicas? I see that velocity one has horse shoe shape??? what do you mean by stem coming right out?? Since I'm getting mine soon, I want to be able to tell that I got the real ones.

Originally Posted by FrankW
there are two company that makes LM6 replicas, mine (which the supplier used to supply moven) and velocity wheels. if yours are the moven one, it has the exact same lip as mine other than being 19inches. if it's the velocity one, you will see that it has a horse-shoe shape around the valve-stem which on the moven the stem comes right out.
3. 06-11-2005 I posted my pictures up with the new rims.

4. 06-13-2005 PM msg
hi, first of all, nice wheels you got!!! i have question about your new wheels. I am actually thinking of getting that wheel. Where did you order from? I know there are a lot of Axis supplier. I contacted one supplier in Chicago, but they said Axis don't make Phin in black anymore. I want to get the black ones but can't find it. I would appreciate if you can give me some info. Thanks.
5. 06-16-2005
I did actually ordered LM6 from CEC about two weeks ago.. they said they don't have black one painted. so, they send them somewhere to paint them. They called a week ago and said the painting came out kind of black orangish color... wow... then I was looking at Franks' new rims and thinking of getting that Axis rims.. and it looks nice, too. So, I'm about to cancel the order for LM6 which costed $7300.. and get the Axis Phin wheels.. I don't think the LM6 with $7300 is worthy. How is the Axis wheels' quality in performance?
6. BTW, I also got'em in late April not just now. I was waiting for the school to finish and the tires to be ordered, and the spacers to be put on.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-30-2005 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Frank,

Imitation the Best Form of Flattery.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
Frank,

Imitation the Best Form of Flattery.
Exactly... and at least it's not your next door neighbor doing it and you would have to see the car all the time.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Exactly... and at least it's not your next door neighbor doing it and you would have to see the car all the time.
Sorry to threadjack, but your car looks hot, dragon!
Old 06-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

W221
I know how you feel Frank. But think of it as people want to be like you.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I cant believe you guys are arguing about this
Old 06-30-2005, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Hey Frank, you make a good point. Your car looks like krap, so I am going to do nothing that you did.

Seriously, unless you go out and have custom, unique (patented?) parts made for your car, it is totally absurd to think that people are not going to look at what you have done and possibly do the same.

Lighten up. Have a beer.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:03 PM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
moa4r

Originally Posted by moa4r
exactly; its not like you went out and desingned the wheel and had it custom made or anything, all you did was buy it/order it,

sorry, man, people can go out and buy the same thing you bought it doesn't make it copying or biting ur style... your're not the first or last person to get those wheels

and, to top it off, you have replicas, so who's the one doing the copying exactly?!!
Frank, you're 100% correct as some people do love to pose but honestly, like moa4r said " and, to top it off, you have replicas, so who's the one doing the copying exactly?!!" so you can't really be the one whos mad, think about lorinser, brabus and all those otehr wheels getting ripped off by replica and cheap imitation rims, body ktis, etc... there loosing out on some SERIOUS LOOT$$$.

to top it off, i didnt have an idea of blacking out my wheels till i saw "REAL" lorinser LM6 on an SL, i basically copied his rims except for 2 things...
i have a C-class
and mine are replica's... should i be punished for doing such a thing?

so if you want to argue your point your more then welcome, but why dont you argue about , hey, he bought a C32... i wanted to be unique... c'mon man, be proud and be happy that you have your own unique C32 and be happy for others
Old 06-30-2005, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Frank,
Let me begin by saying that your car does look hot and is unique!
However, if you don't want others to copy your mods then you shouldn't share the information, list what you've done, and post pictures. This is a public forum and should be expected that others will copy you. I and probably others do like SOME or A LOT of the things you've done, but maybe NOT ALL. You probably only hear and see replies of "positive" remarks about your car. However, I'm sure there are people who just won't tell you flat out that one particular mod is ugly. What you've contributed on the forum and the mods you've done is an inspiration for others to create their own style. Although some of it may be the same, there probably isn't a car on here that is completely indentical. Just my IMO.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:11 PM

Black 05 C55 AMG, White 04 325ci (SOLD)
I don't really argue here Frank. It seems like you are talking to me, too. Ok, I give you credit for finding a nice wheels for a nice price. I thank you and I am sorry that I got the same wheels in different color. But I live in MA and in couple yrs later I will ship my car to my country(Korea). My reason for postig pics, threads, replies in this forum is to get some ideas, learn, and help others if possible. I could just get the same color wheels like yours without letting you know so you won't be mad. Does this still bother you??? If it does, I have no words to say ne more.

seriously, why can't people these day make their own freaking decision on what kind of wheels/mods they want?? and goes around looking at other people's car like "oh I like these rims on your car, so i'm gonna get it" (he/she orders it) and seconds later he/she sees someone else have some unique rims and goes "oh that looks good too, i'm gonna cancel the order I made earlier and get these instead" and actually got it without knowing everything that the other person went through to get those unique rims.

I mean I mod my car to be unique for myself and it's good to hear praise about my car to have its own identity. When I started to mod my car I know exactly what I want it to look like. I hate people that can't have their own imagination in creating their own identity. Asking people for advice/help when you have a clear idea in mind on what you want is one thing. Asking people for help because you don't know what you want and you only want it because someone has it is another thing.

just IMO.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Asking people for help because you don't know what you want and you only want it because someone has it is another thing.
Oh I meet this kind of ppl regularly as clients. I'm an architect, so thats what we do. Copycat. Seriously, we don't try to invent a new bathroom or a new bedroom. Every single element had been invented and they're out there. All we do is to combine those things and make it a unique combo.

I hate people that can't have their own imagination in creating their own identity.
do u hate yourself bc u talk and walk like ur parents do ? I think this is the right chance for u to invent a new way to walk.. cmon man, be unique, create ur own identity.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
OMG it sounds like MBphreak vs Tom Incredibie ALL Over
Old 06-30-2005, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
hahaha, yes!!

hey frank... get used to it lah~ nuttin we can do about it. =)
Old 06-30-2005, 03:42 PM

2002 c320 wagon
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
dude... speakin of..theres this guy like 5 min from my house..who has a c55 ... he put mayas on there and smoked the white part of his tail light.... after a month or so... all of the sudden he painted his wheels and grille black and he smoked the red part of his tail lights as well... i ran into him a couple of nights ago...and guess wut the first thing he says to me is... "how much is ur kit and where can i get it"...then he also had the nerves to call me a jock....WTF!? i do agree that Imitation is the Best Form of Flattery. but cmon man... get off deez nutz!
Old 06-30-2005, 04:09 PM

C32 AMG
Dude are you kidding us? Your car is practically stock, all you have are rims and some impact strips! No doubt I love the look of it, but get over yourself.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by silverLorinserC
dude... speakin of..theres this guy like 5 min from my house..who has a c55 ... he put mayas on there and smoked the white part of his tail light.... after a month or so... all of the sudden he painted his wheels and grille black and he smoked the red part of his tail lights as well... i ran into him a couple of nights ago...and guess wut the first thing he says to me is... "how much is ur kit and where can i get it"...then he also had the nerves to call me a jock....WTF!? i do agree that Imitation is the Best Form of Flattery. but cmon man... get off deez nutz!
Well, when you got a good lookin car...you kind of have to except that it'll happen to ya one day or another...
Old 06-30-2005, 05:48 PM

Frank welcome to the elite group of "Everyone wants to be me!"

Not too long ago, this fellow called ggong150 aka Greg, just randomly thought that I posted my pic to "share" my idea so he can emulate it from top to bottom. He takes my custom, one-off, tailor made to spec from my renderings, and is in the process of slapping it on his car like he thought of it himself. And worse part is at the time, my car wasnt even 100% done, and still hasn't gotten a chance to make it to a show. Only reason i go custom is to be unique, not to have some ignorant retard with no self-capacity to think for himself rip off my one-off idea.

Pple like that have no respect or mental capacity to think for themselves or innovate. Get used to it Frank, this is your 1st time, and you can't really be mad here because that rim wasn't designed by you or specifically for your car. It is a mass-produced product with only the variation in finish as the decisive factor for similarity in the "style" dept. with everyone else, which isn't much to bite off of...

But I feel your pain. Let me know though if you want it "taken care of," "things disappear" off cars you know if they park outside. shhhhh.

Last edited by BrabusW203; 06-30-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
hahaha, someone who remain nameless with a silver C55 copyed my wheels and got coilovers,ahhahahaah but i dont give a ****, like someone else said, unless u actually designed the wheel yourself, its not different, people are gonna copy it. (unless its ugly as f*ck) I'd take it as a compliment.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:34 PM

Frank,
One more thing. The first one will always be remembered, the ones to follow will always be remembered also, but just as wannabes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: copy cat...