C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 Looses To M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obsidian E55
Exclamation C32 Looses To M3

Ok guys im baffled, i would like to post an M3 kill story here too, but im afriad hes the one posting.

stock 02 M3 smg gearbox with launch control, 13.000 miles, all of which has run 98 ron.
c32 ecu upgrade only and less ressonator.Mostly 95 ron.

rolling start in 2nd abt 30 kph we both floor it, im in sport and d mode, hes got the edge on me and is slightly pulling too, up to 140 mph hes 2 car lengths in front, IM FEELING SICK at this time.

2nd run, both stationary, again im in sport D Mode, right foot on the brake, traction on, 1500/2000 rpm then we both floor it, this time its closer, but hes got the edge and slightly puuling on me, i cant believe what im seeing, my pride and joy is getting a beating, how can this be ???

My c32 has recently had a service, i dont normally give it a beating, do i disconnect battery to reset ecu to get it out of sleepy mode ?? and use 98 ron for a week or two to get it back up to par ?? HELP i cant let my friend do this again to me, its killing me, i want a rematch BIGTIME, but help guys what am i doing wrong i cant let him do this again, or do i subject a defeat and congratulate him NO F++++ING WAY

I know/wish mines quicker so im asking you all for advise if im doing something drastically wrong here.

Thx Guys
Old 07-04-2005, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by andy_cyp
... I know/wish mines quicker so im asking you all for advise if im doing something drastically wrong here.
Maybe M&M has a comment on it.

Rgds,
Norm
Old 07-04-2005, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
Talking

Ok guys im baffled, i would like to post an M3 kill story here too, but im afriad hes the one posting.

stock 02 M3 smg gearbox with launch control, 13.000 miles, all of which has run 98 ron.

rolling start in 2nd abt 30 kph we both floor it, im in sport and d mode, hes got the edge on me and is slightly pulling too, up to 140 mph hes 2 car lengths in front, IM FEELING SICK at this time.

2nd run, both stationary, again im in sport D Mode, right foot on the brake, traction on, 1500/2000 rpm then we both floor it, this time its closer, but hes got the edge and slightly puuling on me, i cant believe what im seeing, my pride and joy is getting a beating, how can this be ???

My c32 has recently had a service, i dont normally give it a beating, do i disconnect battery to reset ecu to get it out of sleepy mode ?? and use 98 ron for a week or two to get it back up to par ?? HELP i cant let my friend do this again to me, its killing me, i want a rematch BIGTIME, but help guys what am i doing wrong i cant let him do this again, or do i subject a defeat and congratulate him NO F++++ING WAY

I know/wish mines quicker so im asking you all for advise if im doing something drastically wrong here.

Thx Guys

sorry, but it seems you dont know how to drive
Old 07-04-2005, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
is the european M3 more powerfull than the US M3? I ran my friends 2004 M3 SMG about 10 times, and we were pretty much dead even each time, my c32 was stock.... we ran from a roll, from a dead stop, everything....
Old 07-04-2005, 10:24 PM

Obsidian E55
Originally Posted by SLK55_AMG
sorry, but it seems you dont know how to drive

That was vey enlightening THX for the help & advice.

If you cant give any help or advice then better keep your sarcky remarks to urself.

Maybe we werent all born with a steering wheel in our hands doesnt mean we cant learn a trick or two.

Can some one else shed any decent help or advise plz

thx
Old 07-04-2005, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
When you powerbraked, how much wheelspin did you get? And what gas are you using?
Old 07-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

G
slap the shifter to first ...let the car shift itself the rest of the way.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

maybe you will get him next time, at least you think "think" u had fun
Old 07-05-2005, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
that ECU upgrade is probably making your car run too rich!!! If anything, try leaving your car in a preselected gear next time you run from a roll!!! I mean it could be that the Euro M3 is faster but the 2 cars should be dead even. Sux to loose but u cant win them all. Im glad to say ive NEVER lost to any M3 before!!
Old 07-05-2005, 12:30 AM

CLK320
I do believe the euro M3 is slightly more powerful than the US version due to emissions. Thats why so many of their owners complain about the rasp in the US spec exhaust if i remember correctly.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by 3199cc
I do believe the euro M3 is slightly more powerful than the US version due to emissions. Thats why so many of their owners complain about the rasp in the US spec exhaust if i remember correctly.
but they cant be all that much faster only due to the exhaust... I think the timing and cams as well as the exhaust are different in the Euro version.

andy... since your in Europe, get teh MKB tuning kit for the C32... you wont regret it!!
Old 07-05-2005, 01:46 AM
M&M

Andy, don't worry about these guys. I don't think driver can make such a difference in an auto. Especially on the rolling run where you said he pulled away.

1 things I can think of. 1stly, the cars are very even. But of course no 2 cars are even. Some are stronger than others. If you have ECU you should be slightly quicker than a stock SMG (they are slower than the 6MT's).

2nd point is you said you were running 95RON. WEll that's not optimal even for a stock C32. If it's a hot day the octane won't be enough & a bit of det might creep in. The ECU will retard the timing.

The fact that U have ECU upgrade means that you are probably running more advanced timing anyway. Most tuners lean out the mixture as well.

So I suggest re-running him on 98RON fuel. It's not going to make light years difference. But you may find that you are even now, or you may even have a slight edge.

And this advice comes from an M3 driver.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
It is a very simple fact that there is varience in engine power from car to car.

We have dynoed over 30 E46 M3s. The weakest was 265HP stock and the strongest one was 295HP stock. The rest fall in between. That is 30HP varience.

The same is with C32s. With over 20 in our dynobase, weakest one was 263HP strongest was 302HP. Against the rest are in-between. That is over 40HP difference.
Add driver competence, especially for E46 M3 manual, and on any given day, with varieties of cars and drivers - either car can be a winner.

Find a dyno, prefferably a Dynojet, and find out what your car makes. An average for C32s is around 280HP. If the software is done right than you should be close to 300HP at the wheels.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:39 AM
M_M

C32 AMG
hot days kill the power of your car, since you have supercharged.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
i thought the euro M3 had like 340 something HP?
Old 07-05-2005, 04:02 AM
mashimaro1985

I had a c32 LONG TIME AGO! i smoke m3s on the road daily LOL
Old 07-05-2005, 10:14 AM

Obsidian E55
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Whilst i was powerbreaking i was in DRIVE MODE no wheel spin, race took place at approx 11.00pm on a cool night abt 15c.

Yes the euro m3's run 343hp, and 270 ish torque.

I will deffinatly run the car for a while on 98 ron, cuz as i said i mostly run it on 95, then we will try again.

Since hes a good friend of mine im sure he wont moan abt a re match, im also not too convinced that the ecu upgrade i had made that lot of difference to my car, i smoked my other friends e39 m5 on many occasions b4 the upgrade whilst it was stock, on a rolling start and on a stand still, thats why i was suprised abt the m3.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:56 AM

C32, M3 SMG, VR-4, MR-S
Why...

Thx Guys
Both my C32 and M3 SMGII are Euro spec, 354hp and 343hp respectively. M3 is no faster than a C32. In fact, my own testing shows C32 is the faster one, especially on high speed roll. (Both were stock) Now the C32 with pulley kit walks the M3 in any conditions.

Your C32 did not perform optimumly because you were running on 95 octane. Both C32 and M3 are designed to run on 98 octane for full performance. It's indicated in the owner's manual. Anything lower than 98 octane will result in a power drop and higher consumption.

The other cause could be your ecu tuning. I've seen many examples of tuned cars became slower than stock ones because they were improperly tuned. All stage 1 tunings I've came across for C32 consist of tuned ecu and a pulley kit. The car will be slower if you ran the tuned ecu without the pulley kit. I installed my C32's kleeman ecu before I put in the pulley kit because I had to drive it to the workshop. The car felt like it has lost 50bhp on the way there.

Btw, SMG is not really slower than manual especially on the roll. Manual is only slightly faster because you could do a more aggressive launch, provided you get a perfect slip of clutch. A SMG will be faster than a manual most of the time in real life.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:59 PM

C63 / ////AMG
At the engine yes, but not at the rear wheels not unless it's tuned.

BTW, who's the pretty lady next to the Benz in your sig??
Old 07-05-2005, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I drove my buddys 2004 M3 convert SMG, I say the car is fast but I dont think the car is faster than my C32. I feel that the C32 has more torque and has more power than the M3, but I do like the SMG option that BMW has. On the turns the car will win easy but if you ride on the back seat and go on turns or seat for 2 hrs, you will loose your lunch not like the C32.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by beemaze
At the engine yes, but not at the rear wheels not unless it's tuned.

BTW, who's the pretty lady next to the Benz in your sig??
Yeah, i meant at the flywheel.

Btw, shes my girlfriend...........haha j/k i wish. :p Shes just some model.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:47 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
WTF, didn't you say that the "driver" won the race in the other thread where there's a video of the stock c32 beat down a M3 smg from a roll??? changing your mind soo soon? you not gonna wait for improvis to humiliate you again??

where's your magazine scans everytime you post? :rofl:

Originally Posted by M&M
Andy, don't worry about these guys. I don't think driver can make such a difference in an auto. Especially on the rolling run where you said he pulled away.

1 things I can think of. 1stly, the cars are very even. But of course no 2 cars are even. Some are stronger than others. If you have ECU you should be slightly quicker than a stock SMG (they are slower than the 6MT's).

2nd point is you said you were running 95RON. WEll that's not optimal even for a stock C32. If it's a hot day the octane won't be enough & a bit of det might creep in. The ECU will retard the timing.

The fact that U have ECU upgrade means that you are probably running more advanced timing anyway. Most tuners lean out the mixture as well.

So I suggest re-running him on 98RON fuel. It's not going to make light years difference. But you may find that you are even now, or you may even have a slight edge.

And this advice comes from an M3 driver.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:55 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Yeah, i meant at the flywheel.

Btw, shes my girlfriend...........haha j/k i wish. :p Shes just some model.
343 and 333 are all rating differences on how they are calculated. They are the same in Nm. When they dyno the car in Europe they might show better number because they have better "petrol" than we do in the states with our "environmental friendly" emission standards especially in california.

can you belive that the VW TDI are not legal for sale in CA anymore because of our emission law? the retards sitting behind the desks actually banned a car that will save people money and overall usage of gas.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by FrankW
343 and 333 are all rating differences on how they are calculated. They are the same in Nm. When they dyno the car in Europe they might show better number because they have better "petrol" than we do in the states with our "environmental friendly" emission standards especially in california.

can you belive that the VW TDI are not legal for sale in CA anymore because of our emission law? the retards sitting behind the desks actually banned a car that will save people money and overall usage of gas.
i don't believe that the two are 100% identical (like you said different fuels and emission controls) but a significant proportion is due to the different conditions (mostly temperature) in which the DIN and SAE tests are run.
The torque peak can be the same but the peak hp different, they occur at a different rpms and hence don't affect each other.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 372 Likes on 274 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by FrankW

the euro spec e46 m3 has a whole different exhasut system than the us spec.They added a cat in the headers here and have different mid pipe aswell.

they also have bigger headers so Im sure the euro spec m3 has more hp than ours.

heres turners euro spec exhuast system for the us spec m3 check it out

from turner motorsports

"After driving the "Euro" specification E46 M3 in Germany I noticed a major difference in the responsiveness and torque of the motor compared to my USA M3"

-Will Turner

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32 Looses To M3