C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

c 32/ slk 32 kompressor cooling package?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
SRT6 is basically SLK32 with a different body. It is way overpriced, I doubt it will sell in big numbers.

So far Crossfire guys turned out to be posers.

Ones that are interested in mods - have no budget.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
SRT6 is basically SLK32 with a different body. It is way overpriced, I doubt it will sell in big numbers.

So far Crossfire guys turned out to be posers.

Ones that are interested in mods - have no budget.

Hahaha thats to funny!
Old 07-28-2005, 05:56 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32 AMG & Sold: Mazda RX-8
Vadim,

With the EVOSPORT Stage 1 Pulley Kit you include a washer bottle and hoses. Does the washer bottle then become the reservoir for the intercooler (as opposed to the header tank) and serve as the washer bottle as well?

Reason I am asking is: Why isn't this washer bottle setup being offered as well as the high flow rate intercooler pump package? Wouldn't this also aid in lowering induction temperatures or have I got it all wrong?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 07-28-2005, 06:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
Originally Posted by evomike
Respdoc,

I am sorry to hear that you have not been called back. I make it a point to call all customers back as soon as possible. Please call me directly if you have any questions. Mike 714.901.3100 x12 or mike@evosport.com.

I am also disappointed, as I am sure are other members, to hear that you do not see the value in the Cooling Package we are trying to offer.
Thank you Mike for trying to followup with my concern but unfortunately in regards to the idiotic comments made by your co-worker posted above...I think I'll spend my "poser" money elsewhere...

Last edited by respdoc; 07-28-2005 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Joe, most people who will benefit the most from cooling upgrade will be the ones with crank pulleys that add more boost and thus more heat. We can offer windshield washer reservior as part of cooling upgrade.

Respdoc:

Which part of "So far" was hard for you to understand?

Which part of "So far" required personal insult?

So far - Crossfire owners that we dealt with - were more concerned about how to shine chrome on their Crossfires vs. how to make it a better car. After all we are in SoCal.

Since you have an SRT6 and if you are looking to make it a better car - than welcome to the board.

Do a forum search under "R&D" and you will find a lot of tuning information pertaining to your engine. And if in doubt you can allways post a question.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
[QUOTE=Vadim @ evosport]
Respdoc:

Which part of "So far" was hard for you to understand?

-Never said it was. Your point was perfectly clear.

So far -Crossfire owners that we dealt with - were more concerned about how to shine chrome on their Crossfires vs. how to make it a better car. After all we are in SoCal.

I would also imagine this comment might also apply to a large portion of your W203 customers since it seems like some of the more popular threads deal with which "dubs" would look best on my "whip." Would you say these people are also "posers" ?

Since you have an SRT6 and if you are looking to make it a better car - than welcome to the board.

Thank you for the warm welcome

Do a forum search under "R&D" and you will find a lot of tuning information pertaining to your engine. And if in doubt you can allways post a question.

With myself owning a few past MB's and a 513+ post count here, I have done 1 or 2 searches in my time here. My previous post dealt with a particular part on your website without a complete description given on this board under your "R+D" section since the last post in that thread was something to the effect that the product was near finished but still in the final prototype stages.

Last edited by respdoc; 07-28-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
respdoc: I do not understand why you have a hard time with a word "poser"?

To a certain extend all of us driving a MB are "posers". Myself included.

I do not have a problem with it. After all a Kia performs the same function of transportation, but we chose MB. You chose an SRT6, which is in reality a MB R170 SLK32 - with a different body.

When I am saying "poser" I was reffering to a someone who does only cosmetic mods.

And, Yes - of course, there are people who do both - cosmetic and performance.

Now, that we gave Vanity Fair another idea on metrosexual article, lets get back to tuning.

I think you are reffering to Stage III. Yes we made it, it made 411RWHP vs. 365RWHP for StageII. However, those extra 46RWHP are very expensive. We are redesigning and reevaluating parts in Stage III to make it more affordable. At this time I do not have any pictures to share.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:13 AM
Almost a Member!

Vadim,

Just diagnosed that my intercooler pump is not working today! This explains the inconsistent power problems that I have been having. The car still has 15 days warranty left on it. I would really prefer to have the intercooler kit with a reserviour bottle though instead of replacing the existing pump.

What are your thoughts? Any takers on the intercooler package?

Joe
Old 08-07-2005, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
how did you test the pump?
Old 08-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Trekman
how did you test the pump?
I allowed the engine to reach operating temperature. I pulled off the plastic cover on the right front wheel guard and disconnected the terminal block at the Bosch electric pump. I then tested for voltage (using a mutimeter) at the terminal block and found that there was 12V. I then used a long screwdriver as a stethascope placed on the electric motor to hear if the motor was working as I connected and diconnected the terminal block to the motor. As expected, nothing, no operational noise.

The thing that made me look for this is that after driving the vehicle, I would touch the intercooler (mounted in front of the radiator) to feel the temperature and it was always cold (as cold as the ambient temperature). I thought this can't be right as the intercooler would have to have some heat if the water was being circulated. Furthermore, whilst diagnosing the pump failure, I noticed that one hose to the pump was hot and the other one was cold.

Crude? maybe, but effective on a Sunday afternoon at home in the driveway.

Joe
Old 08-07-2005, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Joe, at this time we do not have any production pieces for C/SLK32 cooling package. It is on my C32, but all of the pump adapters and brackets are one-offs.

You have two options:

1. Easy one - get dealer to replace the pump since the car is still under warranty. However, there is a chance Bosch pump will fail again.

2. Hard one - we can get you bigger Johnson pump, but you will need to plumb and make all of the adapters to mount and hook up the pump. Figure on spending 5-6 hours to get everything hooked up and properly working. Benefit is more efficient intercooling.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:15 AM

2002 SLK 32 AMG
hey vadim, how much will just the pump cost then. other then making custom brackets for the pump and finding plumbing for the pump, will the wiring for the pump be hard or will the harness just fit in with the stock ones. and if they don't could you guys give instructions how the wire the pump to the stock harness ???? i'm very interested in the pump. i've talked to simon and he said he would talk to you about getting the pump. thanks for all your help.

James
Old 08-08-2005, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I forwarded your message to Mike, he will get back to you with pricing and availability. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Replaced my Intercooler Pump this morning and WHOA! Performance the way it should be - AMG style!

I can't say "used to be" because this pump has not worked since I owned the car (2.5 months now).

Thank you all as it was you guys that helped me to go looking for the problem!

With much thanks,

Joe
Old 08-12-2005, 03:12 AM

2002 SLK 32 AMG
Originally Posted by OZC32AMG
Replaced my Intercooler Pump this morning and WHOA! Performance the way it should be - AMG style!

I can't say "used to be" because this pump has not worked since I owned the car (2.5 months now).

Thank you all as it was you guys that helped me to go looking for the problem!

With much thanks,

Joe
did you change it out with a bigger pump or the same pump ???
Old 08-12-2005, 04:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amgstyle
did you change it out with a bigger pump or the same pump ???
James,

I used the original (obtained under warranty) Having viewed the performance curve for the bigger pump and given the head losses that would be caused by the restriction in stock hose sizes, I didn't see the value in the bigger pump for the actual flow rate that would be attained.

Don't get me wrong, in a complete package, the bigger pump is fine, but given that there are not enough people interested in the cooling package, I settled for the stock pump (as oppossed to one that was not working).

I have also asked EVOSPORT if they can supply me the Phenolic Spacers and Windscreen Washer Reservoir Kit as I truly believe these 2 additions will greatly reduce the overall inlet air temperature on our vehicles.

Joe
Old 08-12-2005, 04:26 AM
Almost a Member!

Oh and I forget to add,

Upon purchasing my vehicle, I had the POWERCHIP ECU upgrade performed and installed K&N air filters. I couldn't work out why I wasn't experiencing the claimed performance until I found the Intercooler Pump was not working.

It is only now (since replacing the pump) that I am experiencing the true benefits from the Powerchip. Engine is very responsive on part throttle and super responsive on hard acceleration.

If you are contemplainting an ECU upgrade, please do not overlook the benefits that can be achieved by POWERCHIP!

Joe
Old 08-12-2005, 08:48 AM

2008 C300 Avantgarde
Hi Joe, please check PM ....