C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Busted doing 186mph/300kph....bummer.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If people could keep to the right, check their mirrors, and properly maintain their cars, higher speed limits wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, Americans are not nearly as well trained as Germans.

I do find it ironic, though, that the "speed kills" crowd is still at it even after fighting the abolishment of the national 55mph speed limit. Everytime the speed limits get bumped here in Arizona, these people come out of the woodwork. Never mind the fact that the population of the state population has increased explosively, and yet the number of deaths continues to decline...

Face it, it has nothing to do with the public safety. The speeding tax is a huge source of revenue for the states and not likely to change anytime soon.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by mez456
Every mile over 90 in VA is atleast a day in jail. A friend got busted for 98/55. He was on the highway with no other cars in sight at 11:30 pm. Does not justify it but it was not rush hour either. He got $500 fine plus $300 lawyer fee, 45 days in jail, 44 days suspended, lost his license for 3 months and probation for a year. If he got another ticket during that year he would of had to serve the rest of his sentence. Plus the ticket stays on his record for 6 years. What is worse is they were letting first time drunk drivers off with just a suspension, no jail. They do not mess around in Northern VA,

Mez
Yeah I have heard VA is the worst for cops/tickets. I drove through there just ONCE and got a ticket....on the highway....for my tint level being too high, even when compared to TN limits (since im a TN resident)...can you believe that? They were basically policing TN law in VA and gave me a VA ticket for me being over my TN tint limits....damN!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 GL 550, 08 BMW X5 4.8, 05 C55 AMG, 05 GSX-R1000 (sold), Denali XL (sold)
Originally Posted by naadp
If people could keep to the right, check their mirrors, and properly maintain their cars, higher speed limits wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, Americans are not nearly as well trained as Germans.

I do find it ironic, though, that the "speed kills" crowd is still at it even after fighting the abolishment of the national 55mph speed limit. Everytime the speed limits get bumped here in Arizona, these people come out of the woodwork. Never mind the fact that the population of the state population has increased explosively, and yet the number of deaths continues to decline...

Face it, it has nothing to do with the public safety. The speeding tax is a huge source of revenue for the states and not likely to change anytime soon.
I have had the pleasure of driving on the Autobahn in a MB AMG. We were probably averaging about 150 mph. I agree, the Germans are better drivers and are actually more considerate of other drivers. I understand that obtaining a German driver’s license is very difficult. In Texas, I now have to pass on the right. All the slow drivers are on the fast lane!!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:30 PM

Amg C32
d

mmm dammm gl.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by AMG DUDE
I have had the pleasure of driving on the Autobahn in a MB AMG. We were probably averaging about 150 mph. I agree, the Germans are better drivers and are actually more considerate of other drivers. I understand that obtaining a German driver’s license is very difficult. In Texas, I now have to pass on the right. All the slow drivers are on the fast lane!!
On a drive from San Diego to Riverside to see some family, the drive is almost entirely in the right lane cause the morons going 70 in the fast lane through no mans land.. WTF.. they should set speeds for individual lanes.. <65 slow lane, <75 middle lane.. 75+ in the fast lane and get hell out of the way if someone is going faster.. preferably 90 in the fast lane as this is my cruising speed.. LOL
Old 09-30-2007, 06:19 AM

2005 C230KSS 6spd
i used to drive two benzes, so i know where you guys are coming from. but im driving a jeep now and the turns i usually take at 80-90 are now reduced to 45-60 even with a good late apex line. would u really want old civics corollas and suv's to go that fast near you?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:14 AM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMGMark- that's too funny in OC. I remember when I lived out there briefly and the right lane was the fast lane Here in SD people usually get over for you with a quick flash of the lights.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:18 PM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
"Tell people they mustn't do it. Don't speed. I was stupid."

This was what East Rand speed fiend Emmanuel Jackson, 48, said at the Germiston magistrate's court, after being caught doing 249km/h in his gold Lamborghini on Sunday on the N2 South near Edenvale.

Jackson appeared in court on a charge of reckless and negligent driving. The case was postponed to September 9.

Earlier, Jackson clocked 300km/h at Kyalami in the same gold-coloured car.

Jackson owns four Lamborghinis and he and his attorney, Nick Xenophontos, arrived at the court in a brand-new white C55 AMG Mercedes.

Gary Ronald, spokesperson of the Automobile Association, said accidents occurred regularly near the Linksfield off-ramp on the section of the road where Jackson was caught.

"Driving at that speed on a public road is absolutely reckless. You are driving twice as fast as other motorists."

Ronald said the speed difference between trucks and cars already increased the chances of an accident.

"Add to that a maniac driving at 249km/h and you have a recipe for disaster.

"Someone who drives that fast does not deserve to drive on public roads."
If this was Canada, ur car would have been impounded at the spot, and u would have spent at least 1 night in jail, show up in court the next day just to find that ur license is suspended for at least a year your fine would be some where close to $5000.00 + ur car will me impounded for 30 days and u will have to pay for the impound fees which for a month will be about $1000 and then last but not least ur insurance rate will rise to the max. for being a reckless driver, the cops would have charge you with "using ur car as a weapon". (i for get the legal term, but that iss what it means)
Old 09-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by cntlaw
...as stated on 7/20/05, in this very thread.

Why are Newbies resurrecting a 2+ year old thread that in not really AMG related at all?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by ScottW911
...as stated on 7/20/05, in this very thread.

Why are Newbies resurrecting a 2+ year old thread that in not really AMG related at all?
LOL.. didn't even notice that..