CTS V with a Maggie vs. C32 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
can you read amg jerry? I said in somewhat stock trim....yours is modded to hell. Im in Tallahassee and will put money on it - a near stock trim c32.
So, you only want to race a car that has less power and is for sure slower? My wife has an SUV that you might want to race.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:14 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by transferred
I've ran and killed a couple of CTS-Vs with little drama. C32's are faster than your Caddie which is the most unsporting car in the segment. Cute how Cadillac wanted a bit of the M/AMG/S pie so they added a chicken mesh grille and a little V
According to a few sites, the CTS-V is faster than the C55.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
According to a few sites, the CTS-V is faster than the C55.
My point was that a CTS-V is just a big engined base-model. In the twisities they would have no chance against my E46 M3 and in my two runs I came away with a W. The first was from a stoplight, so maybe it was the driver I beat but the second was on a deserted stretch of highway and it just seemed to run out of steam. The driver didn't look too happy. It has big hp and tq but that doesn't always translate. For instance, P-cars sem to have stronger horses than most and my current M3 (it's my fourth) is a quick one.

*disclaimer- i wouldn't normally invoke the twisities argument and promise not to do it again
Old 02-19-2007, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Also, AMGJerry, your C32 sounds like a beast. I'm glad you're in Chicago!
Old 02-19-2007, 04:36 PM

C32 and 98 C5 Vert
Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
ok ill do that when you stop hiding behind your mercedes forum saying I beat that I beat this....when you KNOW you dont got a FAT chance. sooooo sowy

I guess you dont realize that any of us could have gone with a CTS V but didnt. I wanted a CTS V but the wife wanted a auto. She won and I am glad she did. My C32 is a great all around car. I like it better than my Vette for autocross (too much over-steer in the Vette) and its fast enough that when my daughter turns 16 in 2 years I will let her have the C32 and teacher her how to drag race and autocross. I will still have a 12 gage to keep the boys away.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
you're gonna teach your daughter how to drag race in the C32 when she is 16?

Originally Posted by cscollis
I guess you dont realize that any of us could have gone with a CTS V but didnt. I wanted a CTS V but the wife wanted a auto. She won and I am glad she did. My C32 is a great all around car. I like it better than my Vette for autocross (too much over-steer in the Vette) and its fast enough that when my daughter turns 16 in 2 years I will let her have the C32 and teacher her how to drag race and autocross. I will still have a 12 gage to keep the boys away.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:27 PM

C32 and 98 C5 Vert
Originally Posted by jturkel
you're gonna teach your daughter how to drag race in the C32 when she is 16?
Yea. I was thinking of renting a junior dragster when she is 14 to get her feet wet. I figure if I teach her how to drive fast at the track she wont be stupid and drive crazy on the street and if she does at least she will be able to handle the car.

I plan on teaching her how to drive when she loses traction and how to correct at the drag strip and how to handle a car in turns at a road coarse. I will also spring for professional driving instruction from a local road coarse.

If my parents would have done this I would not have totalled 5 cars between the age 16-18.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:16 PM

'81 Mondial 8
After reading this thread, I just had to register. First, I'd like to apologize for the 'enthusiasm' of my V-brother. He comes off sounding quite brash, even though the discussion of the said V had been very civil until he arrived. He is obviously passionate about his car, as most of us are.

Having said that, I thought I could chime in about the Maggie'd V, as I also own one. 430rwhp would be within range [slightly the low side], especially on a Mustang or other load-bearing dyno. Mine did 461rwhp on a Dynojet. Not huge power, but for a 4-door blvd cruiser, it is respectable.

As far as the race[s] goes, I can believe it completely. With 3.73 gears, a decent-sized V8, and a positive-displacement blower, these cars are not easy to get out of the hole. Throttle modulation is critical all the way through second gear...once into 3rd, however - they're pretty stout, and pull like a freight train.

I can also say that I like and respect the MB cars, as well. I was just able to get a little more bang-for-the buck with the Caddy, and a 6-speed, which I gave up when I sold my Z06 when my son was born. I've had a couple run-ins with a local C32 when I had my Vette, so I know they are pretty quick machines!

Thanks, and enjoy
Old 02-19-2007, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
haha good call....in retrospect...

I WAS that 16 yr old kid who got the C32 AMG. Fortunately, I havent had such accidents. I've luckily figured out (for the most part) how to drive it in many conditions. not snow though. no snow in 'zona. i wish my parents did that though. I think thats what Bondurant does....but idk if you have to be 18 or not to be in their program.

Originally Posted by cscollis
Yea. I was thinking of renting a junior dragster when she is 14 to get her feet wet. I figure if I teach her how to drive fast at the track she wont be stupid and drive crazy on the street and if she does at least she will be able to handle the car.

I plan on teaching her how to drive when she loses traction and how to correct at the drag strip and how to handle a car in turns at a road coarse. I will also spring for professional driving instruction from a local road coarse.

If my parents would have done this I would not have totalled 5 cars between the age 16-18.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:05 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
My point was that a CTS-V is just a big engined base-model. In the twisities they would have no chance against my E46 M3 and in my two runs I came away with a W. The first was from a stoplight, so maybe it was the driver I beat but the second was on a deserted stretch of highway and it just seemed to run out of steam. The driver didn't look too happy. It has big hp and tq but that doesn't always translate. For instance, P-cars sem to have stronger horses than most and my current M3 (it's my fourth) is a quick one.

*disclaimer- i wouldn't normally invoke the twisities argument and promise not to do it again

I agree!
Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Also, AMGJerry, your C32 sounds like a beast. I'm glad you're in Chicago!

Thanks, but I sold the eisenmann to a fellow board member this weekend. Now it's Alchang32's C32 that sounds like a beast.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Originally Posted by RAVEN_CTS-V
After reading this thread, I just had to register. First, I'd like to apologize for the 'enthusiasm' of my V-brother. He comes off sounding quite brash, even though the discussion of the said V had been very civil until he arrived. He is obviously passionate about his car, as most of us are.

Having said that, I thought I could chime in about the Maggie'd V, as I also own one. 430rwhp would be within range [slightly the low side], especially on a Mustang or other load-bearing dyno. Mine did 461rwhp on a Dynojet. Not huge power, but for a 4-door blvd cruiser, it is respectable.

As far as the race[s] goes, I can believe it completely. With 3.73 gears, a decent-sized V8, and a positive-displacement blower, these cars are not easy to get out of the hole. Throttle modulation is critical all the way through second gear...once into 3rd, however - they're pretty stout, and pull like a freight train.

I can also say that I like and respect the MB cars, as well. I was just able to get a little more bang-for-the buck with the Caddy, and a 6-speed, which I gave up when I sold my Z06 when my son was born. I've had a couple run-ins with a local C32 when I had my Vette, so I know they are pretty quick machines!

Thanks, and enjoy
Nice post..
Old 02-19-2007, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
He's an ***. You on the other hand sound knowledgeable and are welcome on this board
Old 02-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
He's an ***. You on the other hand sound knowledgeable and are welcome on this board
I would concur with Carl, Raven_CTS-V. Welcome to MBWorld.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks, and enjoy
welcome aboard...

I agree 100% with your statement.

6sps, 245 rear tires (if stock) and tons of torque and hp on tap is a bad combo for the CTS-V S/C.

A better race would have been from 40 to about 110+, only then you would have seen the trap speed power of the blown v8.

We all know that a stock C32 would not have a chance against a CTS-V blown.. but this thread only illustrates an example of one possible outcome.

The C32 owner gave much respect to the CTS and I did not see a new for a TROLL to come and ruin the post.

We have had a few CTS enthusiast around here, and most have been cool. I hope we will continue to see that.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:19 PM

01 C320, 07 Tacoma, 67 F100, 08 boxter S
Its funny how 04ctsvfl acts like EVERY car forum on the internet is not biased. Obviously people are biased to what they drive- they are GOING to stick up for their cars- they MAY think their cars are faster than lambos and especially MBs. I dont know. I LOVE when people go over to another forum just to TROLL around and make sure that if ANYONE whatsoever mentions their car- they KNOW that it is an automotive gift from god.

04ctsvfl, *** you and the short shifter you rode into town on.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 PM

2003 C32 / 2004 E55 / 2009 C63
Originally Posted by gcwaterski
Its funny how 04ctsvfl acts like EVERY car forum on the internet is not biased. Obviously people are biased to what they drive- they are GOING to stick up for their cars- they MAY think their cars are faster than lambos and especially MBs. I dont know. I LOVE when people go over to another forum just to TROLL around and make sure that if ANYONE whatsoever mentions their car- they KNOW that it is an automotive gift from god.

04ctsvfl, *** you and the short shifter you rode into town on.
LOL
Old 02-20-2007, 06:26 AM

996 C4, previously owned 996 c2, c32 amg, 350z, R33 GTR, R34 GTR

I have to agree that the porsche horses are stronger but its down to light weight and great aerodynamics. I have pulled on M3`s, RS4`s (older ones) and RS6 but got spanked by an SLK55 from the lights.
I guess with so little space on the road and cars with ballpark similar power its a drivers race.

I would have l loved a C55 with decent manual box but thats another story.

Is the shift on the V any good?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
when i see CTS-V, my mind automatically shows me that video of the guy that blew his motor and drove it home 40mph on the freeway flooring it, wouldn't go faster...you know that vid i'm sure
Old 02-20-2007, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by ash-c32
RS6
(and i'm a big P-car fan and miss mine everyday)