C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Grill Replacement on C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grill Replacement on C32

I have looked through the old posts on this topic at length and still am confused.

I want the CLK like grill and flat hood emblem look for my C32. Sounds like OEM CLK grill only fits C55. What is the option for the C32 then?

As far a flat emblem, it sounds like the best option is the one from 4AMG for $150 or the cheaper version that has to be taped on that is on EBAY. Is there not a factory option that fits perfectly?

One other thing. I have looked through the pictures and my C32 is the only one that I have seen a pinstripe on. It is a double line that runs the entire length of the car and comes to a point in the front. Does anyone else have this and can you tell me how easy they are to take off?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
There are a few different options for star grilles. Have you seen the one pictured in my signature?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:11 PM

I like that. What grill is it? I am looking for a nice easy replacement... What flat emblem did you go with?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by X man
I like that. What grill is it? I am looking for a nice easy replacement... What flat emblem did you go with?
Both purchased from www.formymercedes.com

Grille: http://www.formymercedes.com/contsp/...tegory=Grilles

Flat emblem: http://www.formymercedes.com/contsp/...tegory=Grilles
Old 08-09-2005, 01:29 PM

I went with the hood emblem on formymercedes.com, but I am going to look around more for the grills. I found these 2 on ebay. One from Roku Creation and the other is from Cosmo Dynamic. Anyone have any experience with these? They look like the silver versions of the one Blake P has.

http://cgi.ebay.com/01-02-03-04-05-M...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-05...spagenameZWDVW

I know, you usually get what you pay for, but for a purely cosmetic piece I might be able to skimp a bit as long as it looks good.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
I went with the hood emblem on formymercedes.com, but I am going to look around more for the grills. I found these 2 on ebay. One from Roku Creation and the other is from Cosmo Dynamic. Anyone have any experience with these? They look like the silver versions of the one Blake P has.

http://cgi.ebay.com/01-02-03-04-05-M...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-05...spagenameZWDVW

I know, you usually get what you pay for, but for a purely cosmetic piece I might be able to skimp a bit as long as it looks good.
I started out with that grille, as have many other members who balk at paying a couple hundred bucks for "a grille". I can all but guarantee that you will realize why it is so cheap compared to other CL style grilles once you receive it and you'll be sorry you even bothered. It's a waste of money, in my opinion. The formymercedes.com CL style grilles are the best combination of quality and fitment for the price.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:47 PM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
couldn't of suggested anything better...

Originally Posted by Blake P
I started out with that grille, as have many other members who balk at paying a couple hundred bucks for "a grille". I can all but guarantee that you will realize why it is so cheap compared to other CL style grilles once you receive it and you'll be sorry you even bothered. It's a waste of money, in my opinion. The formymercedes.com CL style grilles are the best combination of quality and fitment for the price.
my god,
i bought a grille from e-bay... it was actually very nice but up-close and personal it was a piece of shi*... it was the distronic look center star grille WHICH IN FACT WAS A GREAT IDEA, but it didnt fit well at all and it still cost me $160... i cracked that crap in half and just kept the center (its hanging in one of my rooms now) im back to the original grille, but i think i may just get that center grille from "formymercedes.com"

actualyl i jsut ordered that grille, haha

here is a pic of the old grille... sve as and try to zoom in on the top part of the grille, you will see screws coming thru the top part (llike i said PIECE OF FU**ING S**T...)
Attached Thumbnails Grill Replacement on C32-car1.jpg   Grill Replacement on C32-car2.jpg   Grill Replacement on C32-car3.jpg  
Old 08-09-2005, 03:11 PM

c32
As much as I hate to promote expression.de, I still think their grille looks the best other then jerry's custom clk grille. Only thing is the expression grille is 600 bucks and a pain in the **** to install but i think the finished look is worth it.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by ardy6931
As much as I hate to promote expression.de, I still think their grille looks the best other then jerry's custom clk grille. Only thing is the expression grille is 600 bucks and a pain in the **** to install but i think the finished look is worth it.
I agree that the expression grille looks great in pictures, but I would never spend $600 on something with such terrible fitment issues.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:48 PM

The Ebay ones I posted a link to look different than the non-3 dimension star one that is in the above pictures. They have the 3d star and look just like the silver CL grill from formymercedes. I don't think it matters though since after looking at more pics I want the black CL grill.

Will more than likely go with formymercedes. I am completely inept at working on my ride so I have to have a nice easy plug and play solution.

Thanks for the input. Going to put the flat emblem on first and see how it looks. I need some springs also which sadly will be less $$$ than a silly grill. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:09 PM
DNA
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by AdaMBombC32G
my god,
i bought a grille from e-bay... it was actually very nice but up-close and personal it was a piece of shi*... it was the distronic look center star grille WHICH IN FACT WAS A GREAT IDEA, but it didnt fit well at all and it still cost me $160... i cracked that crap in half and just kept the center (its hanging in one of my rooms now) im back to the original grille, but i think i may just get that center grille from "formymercedes.com"

actualyl i jsut ordered that grille, haha

here is a pic of the old grille... sve as and try to zoom in on the top part of the grille, you will see screws coming thru the top part (llike i said PIECE OF FU**ING S**T...)
hi, did you order your grill from here
HERE ? cause i just ordered it cause it looks like the one from formymercedes.com ... but if the fitament is bad then i am just going to cancel it
Old 08-09-2005, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by DNA
hi, did you order your grill from here
HERE ? cause i just ordered it cause it looks like the one from formymercedes.com ... but if the fitament is bad then i am just going to cancel it
No, that looks like mine. Probably made by the same manufacturer, just different seller.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:32 PM
DNA
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Blake P
No, that looks like mine. Probably made by the same manufacturer, just different seller.
how is the fitament and quality on yours? because it looks like the one that AdaMBombC32G posted and complained about. thanks
Old 08-10-2005, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by DNA
how is the fitament and quality on yours? because it looks like the one that AdaMBombC32G posted and complained about. thanks
The quality and fitment is perfect. As long as it's made by the same manufacturer, you're set.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:20 AM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
no no no

Originally Posted by DNA
no no, it doesnt look like the one i had.. i believe i bought my grilel from "jkmotoring" but i could be wrong. i wouldnt trust the one on ebay as oppose to the on from formymercedes.com, but hey im the a-hole who bought a grille from ebay... so dont listren to me... - ADAM

ps. i bought a grille from formymercedes yesterday,
Old 08-10-2005, 11:30 AM

For a $50 difference in price it is probably worth it to just go with formymercedes.
You go with the black CL style one? Can you confirm that they have them in stock....sounds like they have trouble keeping them around.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:32 AM

I Think Soż

For a $50 difference in price it is probably worth it to just go with formymercedes.
You go with the black CL style one? Can you confirm that they have them in stock....sounds like they have trouble keeping them around.
well i ordered though their site and it seemed to go thru so im assuming they're in stock... and yes i ordered the black one...i do have a black car u know!
Old 08-10-2005, 12:25 PM

Hey you never know...

I have a sliver car but think I will be going with the black as well. In the pictures it looks more aggressive and less bling than the silver. I am worried that in person the black trim will look weird though.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
yea make sure you get the CL style one and not anything else. Here is one thing that you might want to take a look.. the ones on ebay that you posted dont have "walls" underneath the star. The star is attached to the ring on its points.. so it looks kinda just floating up there. CL style do have walls underneath the chrome stars (that follow the shape of the star of course) that connects the star to the mesh base.