C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

An open letter to my customers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 05:51 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
awesome...blame it on others and apologies. I'll keep that in mind.

seriously why open "new" business if you can't handle the work load?

I'm about to partner up w/ a friend who just started his site for BMW products which we're adding MB products as well (because it's one of my dreams) I seriously hope I don't run into the same situation.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Originally Posted by FrankW
awesome...blame it on others and apologies. I'll keep that in mind.

seriously why open "new" business if you can't handle the work load?

I'm about to partner up w/ a friend who just started his site for BMW products which we're adding MB products as well (because it's one of my dreams) I seriously hope I don't run into the same situation.
If you do, "We" will definatetly inform you :p :p Best of wishes with your business
Old 08-14-2005, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Hartonmotorwerks adds a much needed nitch to performance products for our car because of access to Europe only parts such as Nurburgring specific suspension kits and authentic AMG limited slip diffs with better ratios. Loosing this avenue of procurement would be a huge loss to us all. Let's hope Harris pulls it together and keeps on going.
Did Harris actually delivered any AMG LSDs?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:34 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by Lenin
Did Harris actually delivered any AMG LSDs?
he can't even deliver on my refund!!!! let alone an AMG LSD .....

(below is what I responded on the E55 forum in a similar situation as an E55 owner is in....)

I'm on the phone w/ my CC company right now to start that reversal process...Harris' has had my $$$ tied up since Feb!!! I org ordered PSS9's from him, he had a delay in getting them so he advise me to go elsewhere and he will refund my money according, so I did...did I get my refund yet? .....NO! ...I'm assuming the current delay is due to the lack of funds as the company probably is going under because his "partners who have betrayed him" cleaned him out and he's probably trying to do damage control w/ that "open letter" ...in his letter, he claims he has his "ample personal" funds which he will be using to settle debts....but I highly doubt it...he's using that merely as a smokescreen so that his customers don't get freaked out...if he had these "alleged" funds, I would of had my $2300 refund by now...we've been going back and forth on this issue of getting me my refund for 2 months now...his excuses ranged from "my accountant didn't do what they were suppose to, I was busy the last few months, to....I sent it the address you gave..it didn't get there??" (email conversation dialog available upon request, too lengthy to paste here)...I mean how hard is it to issue a check and put it in the mail??? then he goes and claims that he had the check Fedex to me last Wednesday after I threaten to get my attorney involved, and up until this morning...no check.. .and that Fedex tracking number he gave me? .Bogus!! , I just got off the phone w/ Fedex...no such number exists (that should be a red flag of somethings bad to come)...I have read many posts praising Harris in the past, but I think that the current issue that's going on w/ his company has put the situation out of his control to an extent, and I just want to put my experience out here for those who have orders/refunds pending as a WARNING/HEADS UP (not to flame) to start placing your dispute request now to your CC company (hopefully you paid using CC)....I have a bad feeling that HartonMotorworks will be going under soon....so don't get assed out!

Last edited by DbleNckel; 08-17-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
harris, things happens. people are hard to find that will work for a honest buck. hope you get everything resolved.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I have ANY intention to cheat or scam everybody's money, I can just vanished from the planet. I dont even need to post this open letter or create the so-called "smoke screen". I am not asking for anyone's sympathy, I think I have the obligation to let my customers know what is going on. I am only asking for some time to straighten things out. I only knew about the problem AFTER I came back from NY (which is Aug 5). I have done business with a lot of members in here over the past 3 years and not once have I failed to deliver or cheated on anyone's money. And I have always been given high praise, customers come to me because of my reputation. I am not trying to shift responsibility in any way, instead, I chose to face the problems.

Yes, offering free parts to my customers sound too good to be true. I always like to do crazy things. If you have the patience, just wait 'till you receive the compensation, then say something. If you dont have the patience, too bad. I have so many problems to deal with and I really dont have any time to defend myself or talk anymore BS in here. I always insist on one thing: I will NEVER leave my customers behind until I have settled with every single one of you before deciding the fade of the company. If anyone has any doubt, so be it.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Originally Posted by Harris
If I have ANY intention to cheat or scam everybody's money, I can just vanished from the planet. I dont even need to post this open letter or create the so-called "smoke screen". I am not asking for anyone's sympathy, I think I have the obligation to let my customers know what is going on. I am only asking for some time to straighten things out. I only knew about the problem AFTER I came back from NY (which is Aug 5). I have done business with a lot of members in here over the past 3 years and not once have I failed to deliver or cheated on anyone's money. And I have always been given high praise, customers come to me because of my reputation. I am not trying to shift responsibility in any way, instead, I chose to face the problems.

Yes, offering free parts to my customers sound too good to be true. I always like to do crazy things. If you have the patience, just wait 'till you receive the compensation, then say something. If you dont have the patience, too bad. I have so many problems to deal with and I really dont have any time to defend myself or talk anymore BS in here. I always insist on one thing: I will NEVER leave my customers behind until I have settled with every single one of you before deciding the fade of the company. If anyone has any doubt, so be it.

I hope you're right, because I'd hate to never get my steering wheel after all this time.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Frisco
I hope you're right, because I'd hate to never get my steering wheel after all this time.

Eli, you WILL have BOTH the steering wheel and the money.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:26 PM

Hi Harris
this is abdullah taher ......i sent many emails the past week......please reply
ASAP regarding the refund .
Old 08-18-2005, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
I hate to admit it, but Harris also has my money and has been giving me all kinds of stories. Sometime in late January I paid him for an AMG LSD that was supposed to arrive in late March or April. When May came around, the stories started coming in via email. "I can not locate the package", "LSD comes in two boxes, I only located one of them" and so on. Finally, Harris told me that he can not deliver the LSD.
I have purchased 18" CLK wheels and tires and a PSS9 from Harris in the past and he delivered it all without any issues. So, the LSD did not worked out. No problem. Just give me my money back. That's when new stories started. "I don't have to give you a refund", "the check is in the mail", "the wire transfer has been rejected", "the accountant cuts the checks only twice a month", "I will give you $500 for blah, blah, blah". And now this fake "open" letter? Give me a break. It this point I have contacted my credit company, my lawyer and a collection agency.
And for all of the apologiests and defenders of Harris Tsu: put your money where you mouth is and buy something from him. May be then he will have the money to pay me back.

If you have the patience, just wait 'till you receive the compensation, then say something.
I'll say something about this. Get a loan, pay me back, use the "compensation" money to pay for the interest on that loan. I'm not waiting until Amex tells me it has been too long to do anything.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
OH man, this is a nightmare.
Good luck to all you guys.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:14 PM

I hate to admit it, but Harris also has my money and has been giving me all kinds of stories. Sometime in late January I paid him for an AMG LSD that was supposed to arrive in late March or April. When May came around, the stories started coming in via email. "I can not locate the package", "LSD comes in two boxes, I only located one of them" and so on. Finally, Harris told me that he can not deliver the LSD.
I have purchased 18" CLK wheels and tires and a PSS9 from Harris in the past and he delivered it all without any issues. So, the LSD did not worked out. No problem. Just give me my money back. That's when new stories started. "I don't have to give you a refund", "the check is in the mail", "the wire transfer has been rejected", "the accountant cuts the checks only twice a month", "I will give you $500 for blah, blah, blah". And now this fake "open" letter? Give me a break. It this point I have contacted my credit company, my lawyer and a collection agency.
And for all of the apologiests and defenders of Harris Tsu: put your money where you mouth is and buy something from him. May be then he will have the money to pay me back.

I'll say something about this. Get a loan, pay me back, use the "compensation" money to pay for the interest on that loan. I'm not waiting until Amex tells me it has been too long to do anything.

all what happend to him happend to me except its more than 5000 USD not 500 .........for more than 7 months
Old 08-18-2005, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
5K for 7 months? Holy *****...
Old 08-18-2005, 10:56 PM

C32 AMG
WHOA! and i thought NMM was bad!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:00 AM

E500 , G55 , GS300
HEy sucker
where is my illuminated door sills *amg*
i have been waiting and waiting
guys i think we should bust this ***!
Old 08-19-2005, 01:05 AM

Arrow Harris...

Originally Posted by Harris

Harris, could you please respond! Thanks ahead!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:59 AM
zee

2004 Silver CLK500
Good luck Harris, I hope it turns out well..

I really hope that things turn out well for you Harris. I only had casual contact with you via email a few months ago, but I appreciated the fact that you took time out to suggest me a few options then.

We all make mistakes, but very few have the courage to acknowledge them publicly. Kudos to you for that, I wish you all the best.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:43 PM

'05 C55 '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser '92 Jeep "drive over your ass" Wrangler
Just putting in my .02. I've had an eerily similar situation with a business owner more than 4 years ago. He gladly took my $500 for a product which was of course never delivered. After 2 months of sorries, it's on it's way, etc., I finally contacted the local PD and FBI. Turns out he had scammed over 100 people to the tune of $200k+. He tried to bail the state, but with the persistence of myself and others, we tracked him down, had him returned to Ca and prosecuted. He was sentenced to 3 years in prison and ordered to pay full restitution. I believe he is now out and to the best of my knowledge less than 5% have received restitution, myself not included. I wrote off the money a long time ago, but I feel sorry for the guy if some of his victims ever run into him. Not me of course, I'm an upstanding citizen. My advice to any of you who are dealing with this, contact the authorities. I've heard every excuse why not to do this, few of them valid. Let them sort it out. If it's just honest mistakes, that will take care of itself, but if it's not, you've covered your butts. What has happened to you could constitute fraud (innocent until proven guilty though), potentially mail fraud. Hopefully as he states, this is just a guy who wasn't paying attention and got burned by people and is attempting to make it right. I myself would not be so accepting of just a written apology. That won't increase your bank balance. Not trying to **** anyone off, just giving some hard earned advice.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:23 PM

E500 , G55 , GS300
gojurick

i totally agree with you
i have been dealing with internet transaction
so far i have deal with autoblz.com , europassion.com , parkplace.com
so far have been very fortunate
i meet good sellers

but harris is an exceptional one
he promise to deliver this for 3 months
i waited patiently
he give so many excuse

but last time when i check the feedback of harris
all have been so far satisfying
so guys. please becareful i have reverese the payment on CC
well i think i cannot wait any longer i think i will have to buy from other ebay seller for now

good luck for you guys
just putting my .02. if you guy pay via CC
you can reverse them
becareful not reaching the 6month validity
thank you
god bless you guys
Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 PM

E500 , G55 , GS300
Harris
SPONSOR

wow seem that the admin are really sleeping
harris is still sponsor
everyone is gett burned
and the admin are really doing a good job

Good Job ADMIN
you are really ZzzzZzzzZzzzz

Old 08-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Banned

Hey Harris can you please send me my door sills man. I trusted you man. If you dont send my door sills my cc will reverse the funds.Mods please do something.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
I want to take this opportunity to apologize to Harris and to the Admins, because I think I over reacted after not hearing any updates for a while and assumed the worst after reading some of these posts. I certainly don't know anything about anyone else's dealings with him and his company and obviously can't comment, but I can say that I have dealt with him many times in the past and have generally had a very good experience. The wheel that I ordered has definitely not arrived, but it's not clear at this point why it's taken so long or that the delays are part of any type of conspiracy that he orchestrated. I let it turn into a year because I trusted him, and with any other vendor, I would have been freaking out a long time ago.

He could have very easily been taken for a significantly larger amount of money if he wanted, because he had all of my interior trim refinished in CF right around the same time as the wheel was ordered. So in effect, if this was some huge scam, he could have very easily never shipped me the CF and skipped town with at least 3-4X what I paid for the wheel. Also, in the last year I have been asking him repeatedly about the availability of the CLK-DTM bodykit (over 10X the cost of this steering wheel), and he repeatedly tried to talk me out of it because of the expected lead time and his lack of confidence that it would be a smooth transaction. So overall, at least in my case parts of this never really added up, and like I said, I think I might have over reacted a bit.

He has treated me very well in the past and has contacted me tonight to say that he intends to address this issue, and I can't do anything but trust his word at this point. I bought this wheel over a year ago and have no chance of getting my money back unless he follows through on his word. I have not filed any formal complaints and do not intend to do so for the time being. Many of you might have formed your opinions and written him off entirely based on whatever has been said in these threads and whatever issues that you have with open orders, but based on my experience, I think he deserves at least a little slack and someone stepping up to say that there could be alot more going on that we realize. No excuses, JMO.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

My experience has been very bad
Old 08-24-2005, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
Big MESS!!!!! Good luck you all!!
Old 09-05-2005, 10:49 PM

'19 GT 4 63s ,'17 Bentley Bentayga, '06 Ford GT

I just noticed this post in a search, as Harris seems to have missed the SL55 forum for some reason. I am in the same boat for a LSD for my SL55, in fact I paid $4,395.00 USD way back in December with the same promise of March delivery. I emailed him in June and got no response. In the meantime, in around Feb, I was sent the official AMG parts guide in euros from good mate of mine in the parts and tuning game here. Having been originally taken back by the prices of such things as the Nurburgring Suspension, LSD and brake kits, it didn't really surprise me to see that the same parts purchased in europe were about 45% less (VAT free for export). I am currently working with my friend here (same guy who got me the catalog), who is soon to visit Germany to line up purchasing some AMG parts for me while he's there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: An open letter to my customers