C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Manheim auction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manheim auction

i am selling my qx4 and getting a c32 or s4.. probably the c32...i got a few questions..I seen the previous auctions and the c32s were at high 20s like around 27 to 30 depending on mileage for a 2002..i am assuming these are good prices correct, so has anybody ever got a car from this auction or another auction...another question is if i get a c32 from the auction that still has a warranty existing can i extend it myself or does it have to be extended through the original owner?? because my father works at bmw and he said the only way to extend the warranty is through the original owner of the car....another question is.. is the c32 a good everyday car?? i mean is it pretty reliable.?? because i used to have a c couple before my truck and the only problem it had was the sunroof... another question is i am probably going to install some renntech upgrades.. how do you guys go about doing this and keepin the warranty...?? last but not least... how is the mileage?? thank you for your responses in advanced..
Old 08-18-2005, 10:42 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by d wig
i am selling my qx4 and getting a c32 or s4.. probably the c32...i got a few questions..I seen the previous auctions and the c32s were at high 20s like around 27 to 30 depending on mileage for a 2002..i am assuming these are good prices correct, so has anybody ever got a car from this auction or another auction...another question is if i get a c32 from the auction that still has a warranty existing can i extend it myself or does it have to be extended through the original owner?? because my father works at bmw and he said the only way to extend the warranty is through the original owner of the car....another question is.. is the c32 a good everyday car?? i mean is it pretty reliable.?? because i used to have a c couple before my truck and the only problem it had was the sunroof... another question is i am probably going to install some renntech upgrades.. how do you guys go about doing this and keepin the warranty...?? last but not least... how is the mileage?? thank you for your responses in advanced..
- High 20's are good prices
- I think to extend the warantee you need to get it CPO'd by the dealership (or you could purchase an aftermarket warantee)
- yes its a good everyday driver and very reliable. the only problem I have ever had in 50k miles is an air sensor malfunction which caused the supercharger to turn itself off at high tempuratures. and this only happened once in 50k miles at around 30k miles.
- well basically, once you mod your car you can still take the car to scheduled service. They can only void your warantee if they can prove whatever is wrong with your car is the result of the mods your performed. But theres the rub....if there is something seriously wrong with your engine, the dealership probably WILL find a way to blame it on your mods....I gaurantee you!

- so pretty much this...if you mod your car (more specifically your engine) and something goes wrong (terribly wrong) you're out of luck.
- minor things such as suspension mods...some dealerships will still help you out despite you voiding your own suspension warantee
- some dealerships just wont work on modded vehicles, though I have never run into any of these dealerships personally, I would imagine they exist

goodluck
Old 08-18-2005, 10:46 PM

thank you for your fast response.. sounds reliable.. what is the highest i should go at the auction for say a 2002 with around 20k miles.. or a2003 around 30k miles?? but about the mods.. i shouldnt have a problem because i used to work a mercedes dealership where i would be taking the car and my father used to wrok there for 22 years... so im hoping they dont have a problem fixing my car..im hoping i can work something out with my old salesman to extend my warranty.. thanks again..
Old 08-18-2005, 10:49 PM

'05 C55 AMG
have you tried using kelly blue book as a guide for prices? www.kbb.com
Old 08-18-2005, 10:51 PM

C32 AMG
thank you for your fast response.. sounds reliable.. what is the highest i should go at the auction for say a 2002 with around 20k miles.. or a2003 around 30k miles?? but about the mods.. i shouldnt have a problem because i used to work a mercedes dealership where i would be taking the car and my father used to wrok there for 22 years... so im hoping they dont have a problem fixing my car..im hoping i can work something out with my old salesman to extend my warranty.. thanks again..
im not too good with prices but i wouldnt go over low 30's for a 02 c32 and even thats stretching it

about the mods...chances are nothing will go wrong...if you look at my sig, i have mods myself also. and even if you change the filters or add the SL55 splitter like i did, the dealership likely will not say anything. But if you decide to change the pullies and headers and all that other stuff, beware.

But if you and your dad work at the dealership then
Old 08-19-2005, 12:32 AM

i got a question for you.... with those upgrades how many horsepower are you putting out???
Old 08-19-2005, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
QUOTE - "so has anybody ever got a car from this auction or another auction... "

I've purchased 5 vehicles from Manheim Auction , I have a relative who is a dealer.It's the 2nd largest auction in the country and I've been completely satisfied will all of my purchases.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:09 PM

is that where you got your c43.?? by the way im from monmouth county new jersey...
do you go there often?? im hoping they got c32s there next time... last time there was just a c55 in red which is out of my price range..but yea.. that place is huge... i went there for my first time last week and couldnt believe all the cars they had..how are you liking the c43?? i was and somewhat still am considering one of them as well..
Old 08-19-2005, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
i got a question for you.... with those upgrades how many horsepower are you putting out???
W/pullies, ECU, SL55 splitter, you will be over 400 engine HP, and roughly 330 RWHP. (Stock is 350 and 295).
Old 08-19-2005, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is that where you got your c43.?? by the way im from monmouth county new jersey...
do you go there often?? im hoping they got c32s there next time... last time there was just a c55 in red which is out of my price range..but yea.. that place is huge... i went there for my first time last week and couldnt believe all the cars they had..how are you liking the c43?? i was and somewhat still am considering one of them as well..
I got my C43 from up your way...Paterson NJ.I beat the dealer down pretty bad - $750.00 less than what he paid for it.He bought it from the auction in late Dec. and I got a copy of the listings for Dec.and since it was the only one sold I knew what he paid for it.Paying cash also helps.I love the car.I had purchased a 2000 C230k for my GF back in December and loved the way it drove so when this became available I jumped all over it.Like anything else you have to stay on top of the maintenance but I absolutely love this car.I can only imagine what the guys driving the C32 & C55 are experiencing.If you get a chance check out the "Events & Gatherings" section of the forums and come join us the weekend of October 8th at MB Headquarters in Montvale NJ and see the entire AMG lineup !
Old 08-19-2005, 01:26 PM

damn... as soon as i get my amg i will be sure to join you guys... i didn't know anything like that took place in jersey.. thank you for the info.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

damn... as soon as i get my amg i will be sure to join you guys... i didn't know anything like that took place in jersey.. thank you for the info.
You are welcome.It's gona be a "serious" event - probably the biggest on the East Coast for the year - find a way to get there!
Old 08-19-2005, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Aim for trade-in good condition.... also, if you're lucky, go for the smaller auctions where few big dealers compete.... you usually could get a better price.... but typically higher mileage or worse condition car.

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2005, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Vomit
W/pullies, ECU, SL55 splitter, you will be over 400 engine HP, and roughly 330 RWHP. (Stock is 350 and 295).
do you or does anybody happen to know the 0-60 and quarter mile numbers with these upgrades installed... thank you
Old 08-20-2005, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
do you or does anybody happen to know the 0-60 and quarter mile numbers with these upgrades installed... thank you

(Below assumes skilled driver with good rear tires, cool weather, and good track conditions. It is not uncommon for a modded C32 to have trouble breaking into the thirteens with an unskilled driver, especially on stock Pirelli Rossos):
Sub five second 0-60. Quarter mile of high twelves w/ pullies and ECU (best possible being about a 12.7). You can hit low-to-mid four second 0-60 and mid twelves in the 1/4 with the aforementioned mods plus exhaust mods (especially removal of two cats and the resonator) and weight reduction mods. A perfectly optimized C32 with ECU, pullies, splitter, wires, plugs, filters, two cats/resonator removed, 255 or 265 rears, and 150 lbs. or so in weight mods could probably hit a 12.3/115 (roughly enough to give heart palps to most Ferraris, Vipers, Corvettes, etc.).
Old 08-20-2005, 12:47 AM

C32 AMG
not much more than stock if anything at all...lol