C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New Lexus IS350-You guys see the performance figures for that baby?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by steve s
here u go.. go crazy
was that a souped up IS300 pulling on those cars?!?!?!?
Old 09-08-2005, 12:48 PM
KVA

Originally Posted by DbleNckel
was that a souped up IS300 pulling on those cars?!?!?!?
That was a 700HP IS300...I think he's running a 2JZ-GTE short block with a single turbo...basically a Supra with four doors. I am sure you can get more info on the car from my.is

There are many modified Lexus cars that will spank a stock AMG, but absolutely none that can do it stock...not even close. I will admit that it is cheaper to modify a Lexus then an AMG specifiaclly because the Japanese are so competitive in the after market arena versus Europeans. You have lots of choices of companies for anything from suspension to transmission to engine versus the AMG...hence the prices.

The IS350 is not in the same category as the C32/C55/M3/S4...they would have to introduce a tuned 1UZ-FE V8 to the IS to make it comparable (much like RMM did with their one-off IS430 for SEMA). I believe they will introduce manual with the car. Also, the car will cost in the mid 40's fully loaded.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
Just a thought here...

Is there another 4-Door, high powered (300+hp), 6-speed manual car available right now other than the M5, S4 and CTS-V? I think this segment has been looked over. I love my C55, but man would I love it with a 6-speed.

M5 - Too Expensive and bulky
S4 - Too slow
CTS-V - Too cheesy, it's a caddilac.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:24 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by KVA
That was a 700HP IS300...I think he's running a 2JZ-GTE short block with a single turbo...basically a Supra with four doors. I am sure you can get more info on the car from my.is

There are many modified Lexus cars that will spank a stock AMG, but absolutely none that can do it stock...not even close. I will admit that it is cheaper to modify a Lexus then an AMG specifiaclly because the Japanese are so competitive in the after market arena versus Europeans. You have lots of choices of companies for anything from suspension to transmission to engine versus the AMG...hence the prices.

The IS350 is not in the same category as the C32/C55/M3/S4...they would have to introduce a tuned 1UZ-FE V8 to the IS to make it comparable (much like RMM did with their one-off IS430 for SEMA). I believe they will introduce manual with the car. Also, the car will cost in the mid 40's fully loaded.
yep!! you're right on!! my cousin is knowledgable in the Jap Import scene, and I showed him that video and he told me the same thing...that the motors in the IS300s is essentially the same as the ones that were on the non-turbo Supras and that he threw in a turbo...he says those motors have soooo much potential in the gaining outrageous HP through mods...
Old 09-08-2005, 04:11 PM

2006 SLK55 AMG/// 2006 Porsche CaymanS 2010 135i
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I was told actually the IS350 is confirmed to have a 6 speed tranny. They just didn't offer it for the lauch vehicles. But eventually, they will have it.

I had the honor to drive a IS350 yesturday, my local lexus dealer had one that was on display for yesturday only (they move this car to all the dealers before it was actually for sale). I knew someone there and they let me go for a drive with them. Qucik car, doesn't feel like my C55, but its quick. The interior is a bit weird and almost cheap to me. As good as it is, i still hate japenese cars.
I received an invite to this event in the mail, www.tasteoflexus.com a chance to see what they are like for yourself. It's always fun to drive the "competition" not to mention the food and goody bags are usually pretty good too!

Last edited by Marktini; 09-09-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:07 PM

C32
Cheap interior? I don't see how the C32/C55 can be better. Talk about a ton of cheap, hard plastic, but that didn't stop me from buying the car. On paper the new IS looks great, with a Mark Levinson stereo as an option. I will have to drive it to find out for myself.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't know if the V8 IS will be the 1UZ-FE. I think it'll be the 3UZ.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:16 PM
KVA

Originally Posted by DbleNckel
...that the motors in the IS300s is essentially the same as the ones that were on the non-turbo Supras and that he threw in a turbo...he says those motors have soooo much potential in the gaining outrageous HP through mods...
The IS300 and GS300 both share the same 2JZ-GE engine that the non-turbo Supra used...by simply (?) changing the short block and some internals to a GTE and adding a single turbo, intercooler, etc...you can have quite a beast....probably for around $10K+...many have also S/C'd the car with great success for anywhere from $4-8K+ depending on HP/components needed. It is also easy to add a TC, LSD (the IS comes with one already in some models...or it is swappable with the supra version), many choices for suspension, bracing, etc...the cars can be made into real performers, but out of the box they do not compare to an AMG.

The new IS could come with the 3UZ used in the current LS/GS but you never know if that will happen (I doubt it)...the biggest hope for Toyota is the launch of the new "Supra" with a possible F1 inspired V10 @ 500HP or the Hybrid GS450 as a direct competitor to the E55 (or similar cars)...which I don't see happening with the launch of the 6.3l engine and possible FI on top of that.

Remember that Lexus's biggest asset is the fact that their cars are "very" reliable and comfortable. I don't think they want to go chasing after BMW's M, MB's AMG, Audi's RS, etc... since they are in this constant horsepower war, especially using their entry-level car...that would eat up sales from the GS300 and 430...especially with an increased price point.

I do think that the '07 car year will be incredible with lot's of performers from many companies besides AMG, M, RS...Nissan is coming out with the new Skyline GT, Toyota's Supra, etc...
Old 09-08-2005, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
im going to the taste of lexus next weekend.