C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32: Dyno Mode problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy C32: Dyno Mode problems

Hi all,

I've recently been experimenting with Dyno Mode in my '02 C32 (don't worry, I'm a track-educated driver, and I don't create dangerous situations on public roads). As expected, ESP is fully disabled (and so is ABS, regrettably). The problem I'm having is that in Dyno mode, the driving characteristics of the vehicle are completely changed, and not for the better. It is sluggish, it won't obey manual shift selections or downshift with throttle application, you can't brake torque it at all, and from launch it feels like it's in third gear. If I disable dyno mode and cycle the ignition the car returns to normal. Has anyone else encountered this behavior?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203, W211, W219, W212
Brake torque is fine with just the ESP off, instead running in a full dyno mode.
This way u still have all the goodies (ABS & BAS) running.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:47 PM

02 C32R
what is "dyno-mode" and how do you do it?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:38 PM

05 c55
Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
what is "dyno-mode" and how do you do it?
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=dyno+mode

Dyno mode disables your traction control and ABS
Old 09-13-2005, 05:58 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by glomar83
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=dyno+mode
Dyno mode disables your traction control and ABS
Apparently, it disables a lot more - I can't get it to do what I want, much like the rest of the transmission "features" of the C32.

<---- owned too many manual transmissions
Old 09-13-2005, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by m3_eater
Apparently, it disables a lot more - I can't get it to do what I want, much like the rest of the transmission "features" of the C32.

<---- owned too many manual transmissions
dyno mode was made for exactly what it is called.... dyno!!! It does not allow downshifts (as you dont want them on the dyno) and it disables all forms of traction/braking related electronics that might interfere with your car on teh dyno. With the 04 C32, just turning off ESP wont allow you to do a burnout anymore, ESP is very intermitent with burnouts, rather, you have to do your burnouts on dyno mode.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
dyno mode was made for exactly what it is called.... dyno!!! It does not allow downshifts (as you dont want them on the dyno) and it disables all forms of traction/braking related electronics that might interfere with your car on teh dyno. With the 04 C32, just turning off ESP wont allow you to do a burnout anymore, ESP is very intermitent with burnouts, rather, you have to do your burnouts on dyno mode.
im a little skeptical on this "dyno mode" ive heard of it a while back but knowing my luck i wont be able to turn it off lol

is there any known way to do a burnout in this car? it just wont work
(yes ESP is off!)
Old 09-14-2005, 10:14 AM

The bolded part of your statement illustrates the inability to do a burnout. If you can't get the car into first gear (possibly second), you can't do a burnout. In dyno mode, my C32 simple bogs down and accellerates away from a stop s l o w l y in some other gear (the display does not indicate it, it's flashing the no ESP/no ABS warning). I have to agree with you - Dyno mode appears only to be useful for...dyno! If I want my car to come alive on the road 100% independent of the ESP watchdog, how do I do it?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
inability to do a burnout???... sorry buddy, you dont need to downshift to do a burnout, you leave it in first gear hold the brake and just ease on the throttle from a dead stop!!! we're not supras, we dont do rolling burnouts!!! If you guys want, I'll make a little video!!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:41 PM

'05 C55 AMG
that'll be awesome if you could post up a video!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by genechien
that'll be awesome if you could post up a video!
cool... ongoing project!!! first the burnout video and then i am in dire need to make a video spanking up an E39 M5 (that was a video in the works a few months ago, but never happend b/c the M5 never came)
Old 09-15-2005, 03:57 AM

C32 AMG
cool... ongoing project!!! first the burnout video and then i am in dire need to make a video spanking up an E39 M5 (that was a video in the works a few months ago, but never happend b/c the M5 never came)
are you talking about the M5 that claimed he beat a CL55 Kompressor?
Old 09-15-2005, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by IdriveFast
are you talking about the M5 that claimed he beat a CL55 Kompressor?
you hit the nail right on the head!!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
i am in dire need to make a video spanking up an E39 M5
Just did it a few weeks ago. Smoked an E39 M5 from dead stop by about 2 car length, twice. I have to admit that he did too much tire spin.
Then I got killed on rolling from 30, twice. Kompressor lag.. I should've done it in manual mode. The key is, get the sc to work before flooring.. in my case (rolling from 30mph) that means i'd have to be on 2nd gear.
I'm sure we'll try it again soon after a little bit of practicing..
The moral of the story: careful when racing an e39 M5 on roll.. u have to be good on manual mode. From a dead stop, no worries.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by 360_iti
Just did it a few weeks ago. Smoked an E39 M5 from dead stop by about 2 car length, twice. I have to admit that he did too much tire spin.
Then I got killed on rolling from 30, twice. Kompressor lag.. I should've done it in manual mode. The key is, get the sc to work before flooring.. in my case (rolling from 30mph) that means i'd have to be on 2nd gear.
I'm sure we'll try it again soon after a little bit of practicing..
The moral of the story: careful when racing an e39 M5 on roll.. u have to be good on manual mode. From a dead stop, no worries.
no video?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
no.. sorry. We didnt know we were gonna race. We were just out to take some pics. On the way home we passed an open wide road and decided to just did it.
I think there will be a video next time.