C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

first real test of the new Renntech stuff..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32R
first real test of the new Renntech stuff..

OK, I finally was able to take out and test the new stuff. Last night temp was about 65deg and I pulled out the C32 for some test runs. WOW, talk about tearing up a set of brand new tires (or is that tire ?)!!! From a stand still and just letting it rip, the car just sat there and started to go sideways with tire(s) smoking...OK enough of that. easing into it and punching it, it is truly a different car. Like I posted before from about 2500rpms and up it takes on a whole new life and sets you back in the seat. Ran a few times at different speeds and it is much quicker than it was before. I have only one complaint, but for me its a pretty big one, when the car shifts it doesnt really shift fast enough or "hard" enough at WOT.. It seems to lose a lot of steam and slow down when it shifts which to me will slow it down considerably when I take it to the 1/4 mile track! When I had my lightning (modded of course) when that thing shifted it hit you in the back and never really lost any boost, the C32 really seems to lose its steam everytime it shifts for about a second or so, then it picks up where it left off and takes off again... I didnt think about it last night, but this morning I was pondering why this was, and then I was thinking maybe the tranny was in "W" mode, but when I went out and turned it on it was in "S", so that wasnt it (I ALWAYS have it in "S" mode, is this bad??). I am tempted to take it back to Dynocomp to see if they can call Renntech to do something with this. I dont know about other people, but when I have the hammer down, I love to be hit in the back when it shifts!! Other than that this car just flies especially when its hitting 4000-6000+ rpms!!! I would definately recomend this mod to everyone, especially if I can tighten up the shifting at WOT.... BTW that damn ESP was off, but the light was blinking alot...

Does anyone know how long it might take the computer to "learn" and is it possible there could be more power or better shifitng?? I have driven it about 100 miles since the upgrade...

thanks for reading and I would love input from everyone about the above mentioned questions...

Last edited by Dead Ringer; 10-19-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:16 PM

E55, C32, ML320
You may want to try disconnecting the battery for >30 minutes and then give it some time to adapt to the new setup and aggressive driving style/shifting.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:42 AM

02 C32R
OK I will try that today and see if it helps... no more input from other people?

BTW there is a meet and greet at Dynocomp tonight for Mercedes Benz owners. They are going to have a few SL65 that heve been "rennteched" and I think a Porsche Carrera GT will be there also. If anyone here is local you can stop by...
Old 10-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Almost a Member!

What renntech mods did u do?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 320 CDI
Before disconnecting your battery just try this simple trick

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...start=1&fid=26
Old 10-20-2005, 10:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
with all that power, now you really need that Quaife LSD!
Old 10-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Out Of Control!

Any pics or vids?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:08 PM

02 C32R
OK, mods are the ECU & Pulley package from Renntech.. you can see my sig for other mods...

Yes I am thinking I need the LSD, BUT that from what I gather is BIG $$ (what around $2k?). So that mod I might do in the future, to me thats a chunk of change to pay for something that as far as I can tell will only help me during "lift off"... Other than that I am not sure I will do it, since I am not sure as to what the total benefits of an LSD would do for me...

As for pics of the car they will be coming VERY soon, as I write this post I am sitting at a body shop where they are installing a few items for me, BUT I am waiting for one more item which I should have installed in 2 weeks, then I will be posting pics of the car...
Old 10-20-2005, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Dead Ringer.. you gonna be up at Dynocomp today?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:23 PM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by CE750
Dead Ringer.. you gonna be up at Dynocomp today?
yes... guess I will see you there
Old 10-20-2005, 12:25 PM

2003 C32
Originally Posted by marcos
Before disconnecting your battery just try this simple trick

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...start=1&fid=26
thanks for the link, I gotta try that!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
yes... guess I will see you there
too bad you won't have the beast.. when does it get out of the shop?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:35 PM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by CE750
too bad you won't have the beast.. when does it get out of the shop?
no I will have it tonight (as a matter of fact I am going to try to get it dynoed today if there is time), Right now I am just having a few items installed, should only take an hour or so, then I need to head over to a Mercedes dealer and see if they can get the Xenon=Present code done (I added 8000k HIDS)... The one thing I am waiting for are the "black housing" projector headlights, which will look killer with my new carbon fiber grill I am having installed...
Old 10-20-2005, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no I will have it tonight (as a matter of fact I am going to try to get it dynoed today if there is time), Right now I am just having a few items installed, should only take an hour or so, then I need to head over to a Mercedes dealer and see if they can get the Xenon=Present code done (I added 8000k HIDS)... The one thing I am waiting for are the "black housing" projector headlights, which will look killer with my new carbon fiber grill I am having installed...

Cool, HID's rock, you'll love'em.. I'll look for your car..
Old 10-20-2005, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
OK, mods are the ECU & Pulley package from Renntech.. you can see my sig for other mods...

Yes I am thinking I need the LSD, BUT that from what I gather is BIG $$ (what around $2k?). So that mod I might do in the future, to me thats a chunk of change to pay for something that as far as I can tell will only help me during "lift off"... Other than that I am not sure I will do it, since I am not sure as to what the total benefits of an LSD would do for me...

As for pics of the car they will be coming VERY soon, as I write this post I am sitting at a body shop where they are installing a few items for me, BUT I am waiting for one more item which I should have installed in 2 weeks, then I will be posting pics of the car...
get the camber arms from speedybnz and then get a set of wider tires.. say 265 and 18" wheels and you wont need any LSD for str8 line performance.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:54 PM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
get the camber arms from speedybnz and then get a set of wider tires.. say 265 and 18" wheels and you wont need any LSD for str8 line performance.
hehe I already have 19" with 265 in rear, still LOTS of wheel spin...
here are my "performance" mods:
Renntech ECU/Pulley & springs
SL55 splitter
greenfilters
19" TSW w/ Nitto 555's
resonator delete

what do the camber arms do?

Last edited by Dead Ringer; 10-20-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
hehe I already have 19" with 265 in rear, still LOTS of wheel spin...
here are my "performance" mods:
Renntech ECU/Pulley & springs
SL55 splitter
greenfilters
19" TSW w/ Nitto 555's
resonator delete
you have the same engine mods I have but with 18" nitto NT555 tires... if you are lowered, the camber arms will help dramatically!!! If your still on stock springs and stock camber then you should try getting an alignment to check if its on par. After that, some coaching (same coaching i gave Neal) on launching techniques will do great justice. The C32 is capable of "holeshotting" lots of fast cars with sticky tires and AWD/4WD drivetrains when you learn how to get minimal wheelspin comming off the line but still come out hard. Try powerbraking (brake torquing), which is holding the brake with left foot and then slowly easing on teh acc. with the right till RPMs are up to about 1400, where you hold RPMs at will vary depending on how sticky your tires are, how cold weather is, and how sticky the ground your launching on is. When your ready to go, ease off the brake first and ease onto the gas, feeling for the bite. Once you feel the bite, just roll onto the gas and off and off you will go.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:13 PM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
you have the same engine mods I have but with 18" nitto NT555 tires... if you are lowered, the camber arms will help dramatically!!! If your still on stock springs and stock camber then you should try getting an alignment to check if its on par. After that, some coaching (same coaching i gave Neal) on launching techniques will do great justice. The C32 is capable of "holeshotting" lots of fast cars with sticky tires and AWD/4WD drivetrains when you learn how to get minimal wheelspin comming off the line but still come out hard
I had the alignemnt done, only had minor adjustments done and its perfect now (I had it aligmened for better tire wear than for cornering since I will be using the car more for daily driving than tracking). The back are off only a little (not enough to warrant any problems). What would I gain by adding the camber arms since I am not exactly sure what they do.

Yeah I need to practice on my launching since I have more power (and cooler weather here). I have been racing cars at the track for 10 years now and as you mentioned there are so many variables that come into play when trying to launch without wheel spin (traction, weather etc...) but I should have it down by tomorrow night when I go to the track (I hope).
Old 10-20-2005, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It was nice meeting you tonight... I got the to go to the track tomorrow.. so I'll show up and watch you guys race.. Heck I may even see if the CDI can break 14 seconds
Old 10-21-2005, 09:06 AM

02 C32R
yeah last night was great to meet and talk cars for a while!! See you tonight..
Old 10-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32 AMG K
Kleeman

I really enjoyed reading this thread as I am taking my C32 to a local shop today to install the Kleeman Pulley Kit and ECU upgrade, as well as resonator delete. I would have gone with RennTech but no local availability. Has anyone else done the Kleeman upgrades and if so how do you like it. Also, where can you get the carbor fiber grille?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by C32Luvr
Has anyone else done the Kleeman upgrades and if so how do you like it.
Kleemann follower here and have never been happier about their upgrades and dealings. Top Notch company and rock solid!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:46 PM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by C32Luvr
Also, where can you get the carbor fiber grille?
I actually returned it, since it was only had carbon fiber inlays on the gills and it was cheaply made! The "carbon fiber" was coming off and the plastic was all gooped up with glue...
Old 11-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 C55 AMG
Question Who did the work ?

OK, I finally was able to take out and test the new stuff. Last night temp was about 65deg and I pulled out the C32 for some test runs. WOW, talk about tearing up a set of brand new tires (or is that tire ?)!!! From a stand still and just letting it rip, the car just sat there and started to go sideways with tire(s) smoking...OK enough of that. easing into it and punching it, it is truly a different car. Like I posted before from about 2500rpms and up it takes on a whole new life and sets you back in the seat. Ran a few times at different speeds and it is much quicker than it was before. I have only one complaint, but for me its a pretty big one, when the car shifts it doesnt really shift fast enough or "hard" enough at WOT.. It seems to lose a lot of steam and slow down when it shifts which to me will slow it down considerably when I take it to the 1/4 mile track! When I had my lightning (modded of course) when that thing shifted it hit you in the back and never really lost any boost, the C32 really seems to lose its steam everytime it shifts for about a second or so, then it picks up where it left off and takes off again... I didnt think about it last night, but this morning I was pondering why this was, and then I was thinking maybe the tranny was in "W" mode, but when I went out and turned it on it was in "S", so that wasnt it (I ALWAYS have it in "S" mode, is this bad??). I am tempted to take it back to Dynocomp to see if they can call Renntech to do something with this. I dont know about other people, but when I have the hammer down, I love to be hit in the back when it shifts!! Other than that this car just flies especially when its hitting 4000-6000+ rpms!!! I would definately recomend this mod to everyone, especially if I can tighten up the shifting at WOT.... BTW that damn ESP was off, but the light was blinking alot...

Does anyone know how long it might take the computer to "learn" and is it possible there could be more power or better shifitng?? I have driven it about 100 miles since the upgrade...

thanks for reading and I would love input from everyone about the above mentioned questions...
I n the Phoenix area ?
I would like to see what they can do for my C55
Thanks,
Fred
Old 11-01-2005, 02:10 PM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by FAST FRED
I n the Phoenix area ?
I would like to see what they can do for my C55
Thanks,
Fred
take a look at their shop (link above). They are authorized Renntech and have great connections. There is also an authorized Kleemann dealer here, so you could look at both. I would deal with DynoComp since they wont mess your warranty up (at least at Schumacher Mercedes in Scotts)...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: first real test of the new Renntech stuff..