C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Speedshift-simple question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
I've only had the car for 3 weeks, so just this once will you please cut me some slack?

Hey, none of us are perfect. We tend f up most of the time on most things, just ask our wifes and girlfriends.

We all got a good laugh out of it. Lets move on.

Welcome to the board and enjoy the car!!!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by timberman
to enable 1st gear in w mode simply hold the shifter till you engage 2nd then tap the shifter across and it will go into 1st provided you are traveling slow enough or at a standstill
I've done this before while crossing the double yellow and passing someone, very dangerous. I held the shifter to the left and hit it left again while I was going about 25mph and my ESP kicked. This was extremely dangerous considering there was another car coming straight at me. I flashed my highbeams and honked my horn and he slowed down just in time for me to make it between him and the car to my right which I was trying to pass. From now on, I just usually leave it in D (S Mode) and floor it if I need to gain some speed. You guys have more powerful cars than I do, so I'd just be careful that you don't downshift too low causing your car to basically die on you for a couple of seconds.