C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Is tuning always a waste of money?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
those guys are morons a civic vs a mercedes what a joke. thats like comparing a Intel Pentium 4 HT VS a 486 computer, I hate jap cars, every guy that drives a dam rice rocket think his car is so cool. even those guys that drive the STi and EVO VIII.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Dragon this might be a stupid Question what does JDM mean?
Old 12-10-2005, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
JDM does it mean Japanese Domestic Manufacturer ?
Old 12-10-2005, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by m444
JDM does it mean Japanese Domestic Manufacturer ?
very close ... it means Japanese Domestic Market. And, probably the only reason I know is because I had a JDM-spec 92 civic hatch as a teenager - yesr, I was one of those silly teenagers running mid 14's thinking my car was the fastest thing out there... lol

Last edited by dragonAMG; 12-10-2005 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by Trekman
those guys are morons a civic vs a mercedes what a joke. thats like comparing a Intel Pentium 4 HT VS a 486 computer, I hate jap cars, every guy that drives a dam rice rocket think his car is so cool. even those guys that drive the STi and EVO VIII.
Well they do handle better than our cars and can be made to run faster as well.

I hate jap cars, every guy that drives a dam rice rocket think his car is so cool.
You will get the same reaction from guys that drive competitive German cars. Do I need to name one of AMG's biggest?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
haha... *** JDM

hehehehe
Old 12-10-2005, 07:01 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Great input and I truly think you hit the nail on the head. Very intelligent and well thought out reply.

BTW -- thanks! I think it's entirely possible that I might have the fastest w203 in the states.
thanks. i think it's very possible. i think the only others worldwide that might be faster street-legal W203's might be Kleemann's full S8 demo cars and that Arabic F1 driver's twin-turbo C32. i mean there could always be someone guy who never discloses his car on the internet and has a crazy 800rwhp C, but due to the demographics of C-class drivers i think it's safe to assume that it's probably not gonna happen. it must feel good to know you have one of (probably) the 5(?) fastest street c-classes in the world.

and jdm, guys, i think some cars can be great. just because they're japanese doesn't mean they're inferior. some of the fastest and best performing cars are japanese. that said, most of them don't get it done in street trim, but nonetheless, the greats do exist. i think it's sad that there's a perversion of the concept of japanese cars, due to the whole "culture," "import scene," and the whole market in general can be untasteful, not to mention it's extremely extremely rare to find a tasteful (a relative term?) and well-done japanese car, when some are truly great. i think this is because a lot of them are entry-levels, inexpensive access economy cars, which are ruined when someone tries to make something it's not, and going the cheap way. it's desperate and sad. but not all of them. it's all personal taste and prefernece and to each his own - but still, though, i think most would agree that a lot of times some japanese cars can be summarized in one phrase: "WTF"

I hate jap cars, every guy that drives a dam rice rocket think his car is so cool.
oh sometimes i will defnitely agree. but i've DEFINITELY met my fair share of people who drive euro entry levels like an e46 or w203 or b5/b6 a4 and think they're the ****. you can just tell by the way some people slouch in their seat, acting all tough behind the wheel thinking they're awesome just cause they drive a mercedes/bmw/audi and act like they're young and all this baller and all that. and lots of those people are haters on other cars too. i think in any type of car brand, you'll come across some damn c o c k y people who are a disgrace to their respective community.

Last edited by KompressorKev; 12-10-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
I did not make my comment to say a Honda Civic is better or faster than a Mercedes. The original thread is about whether modding a C55 is a waste of money. I made the comment because in theory you have already wasted money by buying a C55 or any other expensive car. It's only transportation and an econobox will do the same job - it just won't put that smile on your face when you drive it.

Did those guys that bought that $90k 7 series BMW 8 years ago waste money considering they sell for less than $10k today?

I say mod the crap out of it Anyway you look at it, your gonna lose a **** load of money in the long run by buying these types of cars.