C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 03-13-2006, 02:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
[QUOTE=BlownS500]
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
I got a great deal on this newer 500 engine w/far less miles than I have on the old 430, If I need to explain to you why this would raise the resale value on my car then you're just to far gone...

Why are you so cracked up to defend hps or get involved in what I do?

Don't you have your own problems to address w/hps and your car making stock oem hp w/blower.

You might be right regarding raise the resale value on the car if you can find the right buyer but in reality with my personal experience, people tend to back away with a car that no longer have the original engine/stock engine.

Well, I haven't been defending HPS last couple weeks. And i don't think i will in the future either unless they can fix the problem. AMGSC second dyno is what make me turn completely around. I just hope that HPS do the right thing by take care of a few un-happy customers at least refund the money because "customer service" is what make the business grow. You can have the best chef that can do the best dishes, no one would come back if your customer service like sh##$%t !! With that said, i will continue to defend Adam for any personal attack.

Wrong.......the car is not make oem hp w'blower. Name just one AMG n/a engine that dyno 330 rwhp? Yes, i do have problem with HPS system but i deal with it privately, just just my way of dealing problems. I don't have any problem with anyone dealing it on this forums at long as is true like AMGSC because it is true. But you went be on with your personal attack.

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 03-13-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
I have the optional loud blower on my system, and it's not loud at all. The only time you really hear the blower is under idle and low revs. Josh R has the quiet blower and you can't even hear it. I've heard Mario's Gen I and mine is nowhere near that loud (I still love how his car sounds tho...)

Last edited by Josh K; 03-13-2006 at 03:30 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
[QUOTE=BlownS500]
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
I don't want to argue w/you Linh, Adam's run this Company into the ground in my opinion.

Sean, so do i. I decided that this is my last response to this thread. See you when you down in San Diego.

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 03-13-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by Josh K
I have the optional loud blower on my system, and it's not loud at all. The only time you really hear the blower is under idle and low revs. Josh R has the quiet blower and you can't even hear it. I've heard Mario's Gen I and mine is nowhere near that loud (I still love how his car sounds tho...)
If you are going to spend money on a S/C you might as well let people know you have one. I do admit my car does shock people at times but I love it and it keeps people on the sidewalk. Josh I'm ready for the race, maybe at the dyno day? Will you be there?
Old 03-13-2006, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Hell yizzle
Old 03-13-2006, 02:26 PM
JR1
Almost a Member!

Mario, hopefully I have the Super C done by then. Wanna race you with it, just to see how it compares to a big bad 55.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by JR1
Mario, hopefully I have the Super C done by then. Wanna race you with it, just to see how it compares to a big bad 55.
I will have to be drinkin when we race because my car scares me.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:37 PM

RENNTtech C55
Can I get in on this race? There has been a lot of talk about my car's problems as well. I feel like RENNtech and I have something to prove to everyone on this board who have any doubt about RENNtech! Hartmut is simply awesome and their customer service has been great!
It would be great to put my C55R against your cars!
Talk about a car that scares you...and the sound, oh the sound...
So, when & where?????
BennyZ
Old 03-13-2006, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by BennyZ
Can I get in on this race? There has been a lot of talk about my car's problems as well. I feel like RENNtech and I have something to prove to everyone on this board who have any doubt about RENNtech! Hartmut is simply awesome and their customer service has been great!
So, when & where?????
BennyZ
After hearing from Benny I'm beginning to wonder if I should consider Renntech, Brabus or Carlsson? Aren't all three even more expensive than Kleemann?

BTW. There is another C55k S8 owned by nickname MBMEXICO who might be able to interested in coming up to race. He is always on MBPOWER.COM and AMGPOWER.NET.

Last edited by AMGSC; 03-13-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:59 PM

RENNTtech C55
No one give you a warrantee like Hartmut @ RENNtech! So if you plan on keep the car for a while...
BennyZ
Old 03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
other tuners

Brabus is NA only ... no supercharger ... max around 400 hp
Renntech Supercharger a tiny bit more expensive than Kleemann ... depends on if you can get a deal or not.
Carlsson Supercharger almost 3x the cost of Kleemann or Renntech. (freaking stupid)

So far Kleemann has the most RWHP ... Renntech and Carlsson are about the same.

These is supposed to be a recommended tuner for Renntech in SanDiego.

Personally if you still want to tune your car ... I would get rid of the current one and start over. Or just wait 6 months and get the CLK63.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:21 PM

So, when & where?????
BennyZ
Of course, the more the better. If the "R" in C55R stands for Renntech, then I guess my car is a E55H. "The HPS record holder" Wow, my mom is so proud of me.
Bring it on. LOL
Old 03-13-2006, 07:24 PM

RENNTtech C55
When, Where?

Old 03-14-2006, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
When, Where?

u guys have to film this race if it goes down!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 01:32 PM
JR1
Almost a Member!

The Super C is my 202 chassis C280. Makes kids run home screaming.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
should've done that a long time ago......

edit: what kind of crappy aftersale service is that!? It sounds like: "We screwed you with the paper weight, but we haven't screwed you enough last time. We're going to screw you even more this time, sucker."

Last edited by Kev04C320; 03-14-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by BlownS500
Sean,

Our team generated pricing guidelines for your upgrades for your S430 Mercedes-Benz vehicles. From my understanding you purchased a 500 motor and will replace the current 430 motor, along with the HPS supercharger system. We realize there are numerous uncontrollable, variables, factors, and tangibles completing this job. Due to the complexity of this job, a price list has been listed below for you. The pricing may seem high, but this is a custom job. Jesse from Speed Innovation quoted $5,000 for the job. The hardware is justified due to new high flow injectors, smaller pulley (Part/labor) and other components since the 430 is different from the 500. Finally, Mech-Tech and Speed Innovation will require HPS technical support (Bill) which is billed at $80 per hours. (See terms and conditions which applies to all dealers and customers) If you decide to precede with this order, please let us know so we can schedule chip tuning time with Jesse. Since seven other customers have paid and have scheduled time.

HPS pricing for custom job;

$5,000 - Software tuning (7-10 days depending if vehicles all ready scheduled and weather conditions)
$3,000 - Additional components (8 fuel injectors, pulley, intercooler, and additional parts)
$2,000 - Engineering support (Mech-Tech & Speed Innovation)
$10,750 - Total cost plus sales tax. (Do not accept credit cards)

-No HPS warranty since the supercharger system is being transferred.
-Currently seven vehicles scheduled for dyno/chip tuning

FYI: If you continue to post any further personal attacks of any HPS staff members including myself you'll be black-listed forever and we will not assist you in any manner neither will Speed Innovation (Jesse). All parties agrees.

Best Regards,

Adam R. Follman
Vice President of Sales & Marketing
High Performance Systems, LLC
3207 W. Pendleton Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92704
Phone: 714-557-5310
Fax: 714-557-3138
www.myhps.com

Wow...What a reply....
Lets see its The SAME Part for either engine...and now they want to HURT You for posting your problems on the fourm?
And NOW after this A/F issue was addressed they want to CHARGE you to fix the Problem with there Product?...But It Was stated from Adam SEVERAL Times that His System does NOT Need any Software changes...

Linh ....Get Your car back?...Or are they NOT going to honnor the warranty?

Yes Talk to your Lawyer..re a Class Action Suit!..
And The BBB...also The BAR!

Last edited by MARK CUMMINS; 03-14-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
I guess if you referred your case to your attorney, it would be in your best interest to not say anything for the time being. However, good luck with getting back what you deserve. This kind of aftersale service is plain unacceptable.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I'll be contacting the Bureau of Automotive Repair & just got off the phone w/my Lawyer he'll be contacting HPS on my behalf from here on out....
What are you going to do with the 5 litre engine now since you already paid for it right? Would you resell it on Ebay? If so you should include the listing costs in your claim.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMGSC
What are you going to do with the 5 litre engine now since you already paid for it right? Would you resell it on Ebay? If so you should include the listing costs in your claim.
Naa man I'm going thru w/install MechTech gets my car on monday the 20th
I talked w/few people on the matter, I just want to get it running safe for new buyer/& that's what MT is going to do...

Then as soon as I get it back she's up for sale!

AMGSC What's up w/your situation?
Old 03-15-2006, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Naa man I'm going thru w/install MechTech gets my car on monday the 20th
I talked w/few people on the matter, I just want to get it running safe for new buyer/& that's what MT is going to do...

Then as soon as I get it back she's up for sale!

AMGSC What's up w/your situation?
You're being very considerate to the new buyer, considering how much shiznit you've been through. Props to you!
Old 03-21-2006, 11:49 AM

Blown '00 AMG E55, '87 928S4, Turbo/NOS '03 GSXR-1000, Blown '03 Night Train...
Do any of you guys ever get up to Oakland?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by E55RAT
Do any of you guys ever get up to Oakland?
I go for work training when new software is released. How is the car running? I should be going up there in about 3 weeks
Mario
Old 03-21-2006, 12:57 PM

Blown '00 AMG E55, '87 928S4, Turbo/NOS '03 GSXR-1000, Blown '03 Night Train...
You should stop by and check out the new shop. I would like to see your install and, if it is ok, give your ride a fee dyne run in the name of R&D. We can do a 1/4 mile run with our dyne's new christmas tree setup if you'd like to see what your car would do, within a 10th of a second, on the track.

I am weighing the differences of the older mechanical way of forced induction fuel enrichment via a rising rate fuel regulator, as on your HPS Gen I car, versus the newer way of ecu tuning, with and without larger injectors, as in the HPS Gen II system. We may try using the tried and trued Gen I fuel enrichment system on our Gen II car. We are doing this to be able to independently adjust our customers supercharged cars when they ad mods like headers and cams... I personally trust the mechanical way as it is the only way to boost some forced induction fuel injected apps without having to create a custom ecu map every time a change is made; which can be very time consuming and, therefore, prohibitively expensive.

We have a new discovery channel/national geo. documentary coming up on us setting some land speed records and I want to get our E55 ready to set the record in its class. I will let you know when the filming is set to begin (late summer-ish) and maybe we could get your car on the show.

Did your system come with larger injectors also or just the rising rate FMU to use with the stock injectors? Does you car use an add-on black box?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Dan
Old 03-21-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by E55RAT
You should stop by and check out the new shop. I would like to see your install and, if it is ok, give your ride a fee dyne run in the name of R&D. We can do a 1/4 mile run with our dyne's new christmas tree setup if you'd like to see what your car would do, within a 10th of a second, on the track.

I am weighing the differences of the older mechanical way of forced induction fuel enrichment via a rising rate fuel regulator, as on your HPS Gen I car, versus the newer way of ecu tuning, with and without larger injectors, as in the HPS Gen II system. We may try using the tried and trued Gen I fuel enrichment system on our Gen II car. We are doing this to be able to independently adjust our customers supercharged cars when they ad mods like headers and cams... I personally trust the mechanical way as it is the only way to boost some forced induction fuel injected apps without having to create a custom ecu map every time a change is made; which can be very time consuming and, therefore, prohibitively expensive.

We have a new discovery channel/national geo. documentary coming up on us setting some land speed records and I want to get our E55 ready to set the record in its class. I will let you know when the filming is set to begin (late summer-ish) and maybe we could get your car on the show.

Did your system come with larger injectors also or just the rising rate FMU to use with the stock injectors? Does you car use an add-on black box?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Dan
The 1/4mile, dyno and TV show sound great!
I have stock injectors on my car and fuel pump. I do have a Spilt Second Black box (Voltage Clamp). To make more power and make my car run safe, I had the HPS FMU removed and replaced with a Vortec Super FMI that is adjustable. In the very near future I will be adding copper plugs and a KB Boosta Pump. I have a few more things I would like to do but I'm starting to become lazy.
Please let me know when a good time for you will be. Maybe we can set something up.
Mario

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC