C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 Dual Exhaust project - also looking for pics from previous post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 11:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
C32 Dual Exhaust project - also looking for pics from previous post

I'm really considering a dual exhaust project on my 2002 C32 - I don't care for the Weltmeister (sp?) fakery, but I DID see, months ago, a post from someone in Hong Kong maybe that had a C32 and they had a dual exhaust custom made. They had no mufflers, looked like just a couple resonators, or maybe those were cats. In any case, I can't find this old post to save my life - any chance someone has it bookmarked/saved or has done this before themselves?

I searched all the C32 forums I frequent and google. Very hard to narrow searches down on 'c32 amg exhaust' when people have that stuff in their sig...grrr. Anyways, any help or guidance here appreciated. If you've done this, please post your experience.

Many Thanks!

Bif
Old 01-05-2006, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
bro u can just add another muffler like the one u have! (luckily i have one right side c55 muffler sitting and collecting dust in my garage!)
Old 01-05-2006, 01:56 PM

C63, SLK55
Hey Powell, where r u located? I'm working on the same project too. I took my car to a reputable muffler shop and showed him all the pictures I had which included the set up of the C32 in hong kong. He had 4 resonators no mufflers and deleted two of the cats. that seems like the only set up that will make a true quad exhaust system which will clear the tire well. The only problem with that is I will have to do extensive modifications to the Bumper on both sides.

I Have lots of pictures that I complied from members here in the forum. Try searching also in the W203 forum and use ‘ quad exhaust ‘ you should get more results. I would post all the pictures I have but I’m not sure about posting pictures of other member’s cars. Moderators or anyone else if you know that it’s ok to do so please let me know and I’ll post the pictures. Otherwise just send me your e-mail and I’ll share the pictures with you.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:58 PM

C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by clkcadet
bro u can just add another muffler like the one u have! (luckily i have one right side c55 muffler sitting and collecting dust in my garage!)
I don't think you can do that. it will not clear the tire well.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Im interested in this as well.. the C55 quad exhaust looks sick!!

Yea.. don't think the C55 right exhaust will fit because there isn't much room there..
Old 01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Bif powell
I'm really considering a dual exhaust project on my 2002 C32 - I don't care for the Weltmeister (sp?) fakery, but I DID see, months ago, a post from someone in Hong Kong maybe that had a C32 and they had a dual exhaust custom made. They had no mufflers, looked like just a couple resonators, or maybe those were cats. In any case, I can't find this old post to save my life - any chance someone has it bookmarked/saved or has done this before themselves?

I searched all the C32 forums I frequent and google. Very hard to narrow searches down on 'c32 amg exhaust' when people have that stuff in their sig...grrr. Anyways, any help or guidance here appreciated. If you've done this, please post your experience.

Many Thanks!
Bif

Biff,

I have a feeling you are talking about Wiedermann and his c55 quad exhaust. While some may not like the tips and say it looks to stock, it honestly is the only way to put a true dual exhaust on the car. Exhaust shops put tips on the passenger side all the time and various users here have gone for the two tip look (a la 2001 S55 etc) but its not a real quad exhaust. Its just a pipe run across the back of the car to the passenger side. To get a True system to work you must ditch that C32 spare tire well in favor of that from a C55, re-work a few items under the car and put in C55 like piping. If the tips are not to your liking you can always lop them off and find ones more to your tastes. Likely the best part about that system was that it used the factory heat shields to keep the car looking and feeling like new. You really dont want a hot exhaust or mufler melting your body work or drying out your suspension bushings (or whatever may be near the heat source).

So maybe using that C55 system as a starting point you could then customize the parts (cats, headers, resonators, and muflers) to your liking. Mods are nice but sticking close to stock for a basis of construction can save you many head aches down the road.

Wiedermann was a nut job at best but that exhaust he put on his car really was a quality job. I think he had more stories than a childrens story teller, more pictures posted that the worst post ******, and some of the longest posts even seen to man kind, but that exhaust was a nice touch. It also sounded nice on the car.

If you wanted to go louder than the one on his car you could remove the resonator or even get some headers from say Kleemann (with the first cats rmoved) and have a very powerful and mean sounding dual exhaust C32.

Hope this helps in some way.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 01-05-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:59 PM

2002 c32
Originally Posted by BLK_HALO
Hey Powell, where r u located? I'm working on the same project too. I took my car to a reputable muffler shop and showed him all the pictures I had which included the set up of the C32 in hong kong. He had 4 resonators no mufflers and deleted two of the cats. that seems like the only set up that will make a true quad exhaust system which will clear the tire well. The only problem with that is I will have to do extensive modifications to the Bumper on both sides.

I Have lots of pictures that I complied from members here in the forum. Try searching also in the W203 forum and use ‘ quad exhaust ‘ you should get more results. I would post all the pictures I have but I’m not sure about posting pictures of other member’s cars. Moderators or anyone else if you know that it’s ok to do so please let me know and I’ll post the pictures. Otherwise just send me your e-mail and I’ll share the pictures with you.
Please email what you have to bifpowell@gameonthestreet.com - sounds exactly like the one I talking about. Many thanks!
Old 01-05-2006, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Bif, this one ? https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/53902-my-new-pics.html
Old 01-05-2006, 03:06 PM

2002 c32
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Biff,

I have a feeling you are talking about Wiedermann and his c55 quad exhaust. While some may not like the tips and say it looks to stock, it honestly is the only way to put a true dual exhaust on the car. Exhaust shops put tips on the passenger side all the time and various users here have gone for the two tip look (a la 2001 S55 etc) but its not a real quad exhaust. Its just a pipe run across the back of the car to the passenger side. To get a True system to work you must ditch that C32 spare tire well in favor of that from a C55, re-work a few items under the car and put in C55 like piping. If the tips are not to your liking you can always lop them off and find ones more to your tastes. Likely the best part about that system was that it used the factory heat shields to keep the car looking and feeling like new. You really dont want a hot exhaust or mufler melting your body work or drying out your suspension bushings (or whatever may be near the heat source).

So maybe using that C55 system as a starting point you could then customize the parts (cats, headers, resonators, and muflers) to your liking. Mods are nice but sticking close to stock for a basis of construction can save you many head aches down the road.

Wiedermann was a nut job at best but that exhaust he put on his car really was a quality job. I think he had more stories than a childrens story teller, more pictures posted that the worst post ******, and some of the longest posts even seen to man kind, but that exhaust was a nice touch. It also sounded nice on the car.

If you wanted to go louder than the one on his car you could remove the resonator or even get some headers from say Kleemann (with the first cats rmoved) and have a very powerful and mean sounding dual exhaust C32.

Hope this helps in some way.
That's all very helpful information, but I think the dual exhaust I'm talking about on the C32 from HK was out before the C55 was available. This looked to be a fairly straight-forward dual exhaust setup and not like the Weltmeister cross-over I'm talking about shown below.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46764

One added question - would doing an x-pipe help our SC C32s or is any other breathing than headers useless?
Old 01-05-2006, 03:08 PM

2002 c32
Originally Posted by 360_iti
YES! Thank you! Still want anything you have blk_halo please. Also forgot to mention, I'm in Mpls MN
Old 01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
I have it on my favorites, also this one https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/83977-2005-mercedes-benz-c55-style-quad-exhaust-c32-amg.html
Old 01-05-2006, 03:30 PM

2002 c32
I have it on my favorites, also this one https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83977
I knew you all would rock - many thanks!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:31 PM

C63, SLK55
E-mail sent. Keep us updated on your project and take lots of pictures. one thing though, the muffler shop recommended to find a rear aftermarket sway bar that'll sit a little higher to get better clearance for the Pipes. But looking at the pictures of Simons previous car, the clearance looks fine and his rear sway bar looks stock. So I don’t think that should be an issue. The only reason I didn't go forward with this yet is because I can't find a good bumper that will flow with the AMG kit on the car. For now I’m looking to have my current bumper modified, but so far it seems like the bumper Holes are going to have to be larger than the muffler Tips. Which I’m not sure how it’ll look?!?!?! Still looking, if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to share it!
Old 01-05-2006, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
so far it seems like the bumper Holes are going to have to be larger than the muffler Tips.
What exactly did u mean ? the bumper holes always have to be larger than the tips. Did you mean the new hole would have to be larger than the existing one on the left ?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:15 PM

2002 c32
E-mail sent. Keep us updated on your project and take lots of pictures. one thing though, the muffler shop recommended to find a rear aftermarket sway bar that'll sit a little higher to get better clearance for the Pipes. But looking at the pictures of Simons previous car, the clearance looks fine and his rear sway bar looks stock. So I don’t think that should be an issue. The only reason I didn't go forward with this yet is because I can't find a good bumper that will flow with the AMG kit on the car. For now I’m looking to have my current bumper modified, but so far it seems like the bumper Holes are going to have to be larger than the muffler Tips. Which I’m not sure how it’ll look?!?!?! Still looking, if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to share it!
I saw one here not long ago where someone cut out the other side and it looked OK. In the pics that is.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Or you could buy a C55 bumper, which would be around $900 through MB.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:11 AM

C63, SLK55
What exactly did u mean ? the bumper holes always have to be larger than the tips. Did you mean the new hole would have to be larger than the existing one on the left ?
According to the sketch I got from the shop, they will be larger than usual because the Right tips will not be sitting at the same position that the left tips are sitting stock. they will be sitting a little farther to the right because of the tire well clearance. so the plan is to push the left tips a little farther to the left which means he has to cut a little more from the existing left hole to even out the look of both sides.???? he suggested that I get an aftermarket bumper but I think even an aftermarket bumper will need to be modified.

Anyone here that did this setup of 4 resonators and cats delete.... please let me know what kind of modification you had to do to the stock bumper. I just want it to look even and I want the Tips to be sitting in the middle of their holes. I will be visiting an auto body shop next week to see what they could do.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:16 AM

C63, SLK55
Or you could buy a C55 bumper, which would be around $900 through MB.
That would be Ideal since I didn't like any of the aftermarket ones but I think with this setup it will still have to be modified?!?!? I hope I get some good answers from the Body shop next week.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:07 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I have it on my favorites, also this one https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83977
there you go...i was about to post that link as well.

good luck with the project.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
According to the sketch I got from the shop, they will be larger than usual because the Right tips will not be sitting at the same position that the left tips are sitting stock.
dang it.. another problem !! I see..
This would be a bigger problem for light color cars. Yours is black, right ? So it wouldn't be as visible if the tips weren't centered on their holes. I'm not that lucky.

If you really want them to be perfectly mirrored and have the tips centered on their holes, you could either get a C55 spare tire well; or cut your stock spare tire well as needed to give more clearance to your new exhaust. Either way you'd have to make a new cut out on the stock bumper. Wiedermann mentioned it saved him $1500 by doing so, instead of ordering a new C55 bumper.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:54 PM

My exhaust !

Old 01-06-2006, 08:00 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by trust203
My exhaust !

that's a nice one
Old 01-06-2006, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
trust203, care to explain what you did with the exhaust? Or are they stock ?
Thanks. You haven't answered the question on this this thread either -->
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/125529-black-accent-panel-amg-rear-bumpers.html
Old 01-07-2006, 01:19 AM

I went to local muffer shop ask them to custom made a dual exhaust . total cost $400 include one performance muffer and two tips(originally use on 996).
They also cut the right side of bumper to match the left side.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
trust203, thanks. The biggest problem for us to do this kind of mod is the fact that there's not enough clearance on the passenger's side for the new exhaust.
This doesn't apply to C55s because they use a different spare tire well which the well sits more to the center.
I'm not too familiar with the new C350.. did they have to cut your spare tire well ? Or is it the same with C55 (sitting more to the center) ? Thanks again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32 Dual Exhaust project - also looking for pics from previous post