C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

OK a lot of questions for a very potential buyer..PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S4 modded
OK a lot of questions for a very potential buyer..PLEASE HELP

Hey everyone! Well I think I am sold on buying a new and what seems to be amazing CLK32 AMG. Ok here are the questions I have to ask - I'm sure these have been asked a million times. I see it on my audi board (i drive a modded 2000 Audi S4 but need a change) But I'm going to be an irritating newbie guy now too. Ok here are my questions

1) What kind of performance mods are available for the AMG - if any - I understand its amazing already but I'm just curious what people have done if anything

2) What problems if any are prone to occur on the AMG?

3) How much do you LOVE this car?

4) how fast does it run a 1/4 mile?

I think thats a good start and if you know anyone that wants a used S4 with a lot of performance mods let me know!

I can't wait to make this car a reality!
Andy
Old 08-05-2002, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Hi, welcome to the forums.

I assume you mean C32 AMG since this is in the C32 forum and there is no such thing as a CLK32 AMG.

1) The possibilities are endless. There are many suspension and engine modification options aswell as many other things. Renntech, Kleemann, Brabus, MKB, and a few others are among the largest. The C32 AMG is one of the hottest cars in the world of Mercedes tuning.

2) There are no problems specifically prone to AMG's, you will get the same Mercedes reliability on an AMG that you will get on a normal Mercedes-Benz.

3) A lot, and in my opinion it is the best bang for the buck.

4) The majority of times reported by both consumers and magazines is in the low to mid 13's, although with a few simple modifications, you can easily be in the 12's.

You can't go wrong with an AMG.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S4 modded
what mods get you into the 12?

What mods get you into the 12s?
Old 08-06-2002, 03:50 AM
rrf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Qtr in C32

The best posted C32 time slips stock, are at 13.07 and such.
A few different C32 guys have posted times in that area (maybe 3 guys).

Thus 12's are surely do-able, as stated by Accord.
Required mods to get 12's might be any or all of the following:
pulley kit,
ECU change
Drag tires

The more mods the better the times would be, since they are to some degree "additive".

Unfortunately to my knowledge nobody has made serious C32 changes and posted times, yet. Wait for that. SLK32's owners have made the mods mentioned above. If you read the forums you will see C32 owners have done a bit of qtr mile racing, SLK owners have done more of the mods, but little qtr mile racing.)

It is safe to say pulley plus ECU delivers 40 HP or more. That's plenty to shave a few tenths in the quarter and get your requested 12s.