C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

throttle booster, highly recommand!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32, 190e 16v turbo
jgsx, take some pics of how you install this thing, im sure youve read the threads and there is some contradicting info wether or not it goes inline with the pedal or if its up in the dash.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
The install is so simple that you don't need pictures.

You pop the little cap off in the lower portion of the throttle base and take out the 10mm bolt underneath it. You pull out the entire throttle and unplug it. You plug the sprint booster inline, and then put it back together.

The install took less than ten minutes.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:52 PM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
thats what i thought, but i had seen some posts that stated otherwise. How did yours work? I cant exchange mine untill the 28th
Old 08-22-2006, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Best Mod So Far

I installed the booster earlier today, and have taken the car for several spins. This is undoubtedly the best mod that I’ve done so far. The car finally feels like it has some serious power under the hood. The throttle response is perfect. Now when I punch the throttle, the car consistently fires off EVERY time. Without the booster, sometimes the car would go immediately, and sometimes it would take a bit to figure out that I really want to go all out. The car also feels much stronger during part throttle acceleration. The throttle still has plenty of resolution, so I’m still able to feather it when I need to.

The car FINALLY feels right. The car should have come from the factory this way. I HIGHLY recommend the booster.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 AM

Black 2002 C32 AMG
Do you know if that Sprint Booster effects cars with CPU performance upgrades like Evosport? Is there any avaialble here inthe USA to buy?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by alterego
Do you know if that Sprint Booster effects cars with CPU performance upgrades like Evosport? Is there any avaialble here inthe USA to buy?
It works fine with stock or modified cars. This isn't an ECU mod, it just modifies the drive by wire signal. There isn't a USA distributor. I got mine in the group buy discussed in this thread
Old 08-22-2006, 04:33 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32 AMG & Sold: Mazda RX-8
Originally Posted by jgsx
The car FINALLY feels right. The car should have come from the factory this way. I HIGHLY recommend the booster.
No No No jgsx you got it wrong your suppossed to say: "I HIGHLY recommand the booster."

I fitted one of these on my C32 3 months ago here in Australia, and the only reaction I got was that I was full of BS about it all! see:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....9&postcount=39

and:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...sprint+booster

Oh well, maybe finally people will believe that this thing does work!

Joe

Last edited by OZC32AMG; 08-22-2006 at 04:35 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:09 PM

Hi all,

I finally installed my Sprint Booster. I've been so happy with the thing that I just wrote a long response to this thread, detailing how awesome it is and encouraging a W203 forum group buy. However, using Firefox I accidentally closed the tab i had composed my response in before sending, and lost 10 minutes typing. GRR! Give me some time to recover my wits and I'll try again later...
Old 08-24-2006, 01:34 PM

The Sprint Booster is a must. The best money I have spent on my car. For those with questions about removing the throttle pedal and booster install here ya go,
1. Remove the lower nut cap.
2. Remove the 10mm nut.
3. Remove the washer, a magnet helps.
4. Remove the pedal, lift the bottom pulling out and pull it out of the upper bracket.
5. Unplug the tps cable from the sensor.
6. Plug the tps cable into the Sprint Booster.
7. Plug the Sprint Booster cable into the tps sensor.
8. Reinstall the pedal assembly.
9. Have fun
Old 08-24-2006, 03:59 PM

C32
Booster

I have done very few mods to my car (ok, none exept a MP3 player with the audio jack line in). But this mod is something I MUST have. Thank you all for your comments on this. I am waiting for the Sprint Booster company to get back to work after a month long vacation, and I am placiing my order September 1. If someone here does a group buy, great, let us know, becuase I am in.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
I just pulled the trigger and "bought one now" on ebay.ca for 195 euro shipped. That's the best price I could find, works out to about $250. I hope this thing isn't something I'll throw in the junk pile.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Almost a Member!

03 C32
Group buy?

I'd be in on a group buy as well...anyone else?
Old 08-24-2006, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by pshek
. I hope this thing isn't something I'll throw in the junk pile.
Why are people so skeptical about this product? There have already been several people on this thread that have used it and loved it. I haven't heard any complaints yet
Old 08-25-2006, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
So does this thing chirp the tires in 1st and 2nd gear like someone posted in another forum?
Old 08-25-2006, 12:08 PM

Not an AMG :(
Y'all: I'm definitely in on a group purchase - I've been trolling around trying to find one for sale for the C32 - no luck (even on ebay.ca).

from the ebay.ca site, they have some installation images - here they are for anyone wondering.....
Attached Thumbnails throttle booster, highly recommand!-sprintbooster-installation.jpg  
Old 08-25-2006, 03:12 PM

Allright, try #2:

First off, I just want to chime in again in support of this mod. I do not have anything to do with the manufacturer or sellers of the Sprint Booster, and I don't get anything from talking them up - it's just a fun, cheap mod that should be tops on everyone's buy list here, no kidding. There is no snake-oil salesman lurking about here

Second, the install. It is exactly as jgsx said, and like the photos boohooramblers posted. Took all of 10 minutes, and I saw immediate improvement. The car really does behave much more like it has a mechanical linkage throttle now, though if you drive in many varied traffic types you will still be able to detect some non-linearity. It feels as if they wired a logarithmic-scale potentiometer in series between the pedal and ECU, such that the phase of the stock dampening effect and the phase of the fix cancel each other out. The result is a decidedly more linear feel. You could theoretically get similar effects by modifying how you use your gas pedal normally - but it would be bizzarre because you would have to stab at the throttle fast and to exactly the appropriate percentage of travel every time. Good luck developing that kind of precise leg and foot muscle control!

My favorite thing about this mod: the "D" (auto) mode of the transmission is finally usable! After a long tiring day at work, I can now leave the car in auto and use the gas pedal alone to call up throttle and downshifts exactly appropriate for the amount of pedal travel, instead of (1) guessing, (2) waiting, and/or (3) just using manual mode to ensure that it downshifted the right number of gears. How many times have you been cruising along in traffic at say 45-55 MPH, and needed a single downshift + some throttle to get into a briefly-open hole in traffic? Before, if your car was in "D", you would press the pedal and get almost nothing. Then, you'd press harder and even if you were smooth you were gambling that the car would not just go two gears down and give you more than you asked for. I'm not some kid in a Civic with a giant wing on the back - I want smoothness AND responsiveness, without getting all out of shape and embarrassing myself and/or scaring other motorists. The only reliable solution before was to call up a downshift manually via +/- mode, then press the gas at just the right moment to accellerate smoothly, then upshift to "D" again when the traffic move was complete. With the Sprint Booster installed, I just press the gas about as much as I THINK I should to go a little faster, and presto! The thing does as I ask instead of "Oh, you want to go faster? Umm.... how about NOW - ZOOOM!". Also, I don't get caught in auto mode with my pants down by quick cars who want to show me something. Nail it a little, nail it a lot - you get whatever you ask for.

Oh - and yeah, you can chirp the tires in 1st and second if you like

Finally, I deliberately did not perform the throttle/trans ECU reset trick when I installed the Sprint Booster. I want to know if it will provide most/all of the reset benefits, without requiring resets all of the time. I had been in the habit of doing resets almost daily before. So far, it is working great, and I'll wait for a while before trying a reset to see if it is good enough alone, or if the tranny will "learn it's way around it". I have a feeling it will be fine, because what the transmission is now learning is throttle inputs that more closely resemble those I actually desire! I also want to see if it becomes too touchy after a reset now. I'll follow up later as I learn more.

Last edited by m3_eater; 08-25-2006 at 03:16 PM. Reason: grammar fix.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:59 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
someone organize a group buy already. i'm in. i missed out on the first one because i was on vacation can couldn't get the payment in on time.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:22 PM

Just my thoughts about purchasing a Sprint Booster, I would be careful buying one on ebay etc. You will not know if it is the first or second design and will get little help from the factory if you have an issue. Mr. Boulekos is a great guy and will be happy to answer any question you have as long as it was purchased from them or a stated dealer, why take a chance on a couple dollars.

This is the best thing you can do to your car but unfortunately you have to take the word of other drivers, so if the thought of spending about $300.00 bothers you more than accelerator lag forget about it but for me its the best $300.00 I have spent. I have no reason to plug the device as I get nothing out of it other than my car is now very responsive and more fun to drive.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:44 PM

C32
booster

Great write up M3 Eater! I love your description of the booster. I can hardley stand it that I have to wait. When I wrote to the Sprinte booster comapy, they were very helpfull, but said they will not be back to work till September 1st. As far as I know, we will need to wait to order then.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:53 PM

Guys, I would be up for a group buy as well. How do we go about it?

It sounds fantastic!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:21 AM

2016 E63s AMG
Originally Posted by Marko
Guys, I would be up for a group buy as well. How do we go about it?

It sounds fantastic!
will this mod work in a c320. Will it work for that C as well? Please fill me in on this product.

Thanks Ernster
Old 08-28-2006, 09:45 AM

Not sure, Ernster. I just got wind of it myself.

I'm sure one of the tech guys here will answer your question, though.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:32 AM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
i believe this will work in any dbw mercedes there are 2 versions auto trans or manual.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:56 PM

2006 E55
Put me in for the group buy as well.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by C32madness
Put me in for the group buy as well.
Group Buy here

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...=11277&page=19

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: throttle booster, highly recommand!