C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

throttle booster, highly recommand!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-17-2006, 12:38 AM
M_M

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
throttle booster, highly recommand!

If you guys found that the "stupid DBW" throttle response on your c32/c55 sucks, I highly recommand this thing for you.

I've recently installed this booster on my car(see the link below), it really made a huge difference, throttle response has improved a lot, like the tranditional Non-DBW, which gives you so much better feeling, especially on the low-rev, car picks up like it supposed to be, although it won't increase any hp/tq., it makes me fall in love with my car again!

http://www.amb-tuning.de/produkte/sp.../mercedes.html
Old 03-17-2006, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
uhh, translation?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by M_M
If you guys found that the "stupid DBW" throttle response on your c32/c55 sucks, I highly recommand this thing for you.

I've recently installed this booster on my car(see the link below), it really made a huge difference, throttle response has improved a lot, like the tranditional Non-DBW, which gives you so much better feeling, especially on the low-rev, car picks up like it supposed to be, although it won't increase any hp/tq., it makes me fall in love with my car again!

http://www.amb-tuning.de/produkte/sp.../mercedes.html

where are you located? who installed the part for you?
Old 03-17-2006, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
My guess is that it plugs into the OBD-II port and that if there is any gain it will quickly be lost when the ECU "learns it's way around it".
Old 03-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
My guess is that it plugs into the OBD-II port and that if there is any gain it will quickly be lost when the ECU "learns it's way around it".

I don't get it !!! Why are you so quick to doubt it? Have you try it? The perosn that try it.........like it alot and want to share it will us.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:45 PM

gl450
Chiptuning and nevertheless we do not have better responsing mode, higher torque and achievement in the lower speed range and reached more than with Chiptuning
Already starting from 950 Umin the torque already begins.

In the last years we got very many calls and inquiries, from drivers, who are dissatisfied with your vehicles.

One of the most frequent questions was placed us is:
What for possibilities gives it, in order to obtain a better passage?

On our demand which for vehicles they drive, got we usually the answer:
It concerns Benziner with 1,0 litres up to 1.8 litres of motorizing. Further we stated that it always turns around the same weak points. Usually a new vehicle bought with same series achievement as an identically constructed older vehicle or a similar model, but with the following crucial disadvantages:

High consumption
very weak responsing mode
Passage equal zero

Not comparably with the old models
Vehicle does not react at the accelerotor pedal (fuel intake)
Pedal must be nearly always depressed

Due to this frequent very similar question we have begun also smaller engines to optimize around more achievement to obtain, so that the drivers have the desired fun with your new vehicle.

Unfortunately only an increase in output from ca.8% -16% is to be obtained to by exclusive optimization with new vehicles with electronic accelerotor pedal and suction engines (engines without loading). Considering the weight of a vehicle this unfortunately too little is to be made lucky around a modern driver. Therefore we concerned with it, who possibilities there could be of changing with a vehicle the responsing mode and the passage, have to place ourselves in order the driver again contently.

Our result: The Sprint booster

It is an electronic module, which is installed simply between accelerotor pedal and plug.
Thus been made by the potentiometer, which is in the module, a new computation and all delays at the accelerotor pedal are thus eliminated.

The modules are accurately adapted to the respective motor vehicle types.

The assembly duration amounts to between 5-30 min. (depending upon motor vehicle type).

Further additional advantages

Acceleration also at low number of revolutions
Passage in the whole speed range
Sprit save up to 16%
No unnecessary load of the engine
one has to have the feeling 15 HP more
Exhaust gas values remain series values
No attitude necessary
No interference in electronics

Disadvantages:

None

As we determined for the small motorizing the very much brought credit we begun also for the vehicles with larger capacity to develop
Old 03-17-2006, 06:09 PM

SLK32
Out of curiosity how much?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:23 PM

If you guys found that the "stupid DBW" throttle response on your c32/c55 sucks
I don't know what you are talking about, the throttle response on the C55 is amazing. Have you even driven the C55?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:28 PM

C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by 430
Out of curiosity how much?
Followed link for SLK and it said 229 euros. Personally I don't see how anything could be changed with the ODBII port.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
I guess I was wrong about the OBD-II port. It is a potentiometer that goes in series with the throttle position sensor. Maybe we will see these on Ebay for $10 soon.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:22 PM
M_M

C32 AMG
TopGun32: Vancouver. My friend bought for me from HK though. It's a DIY job.

2QUIK4U: just wonder, have you driven a non-DBW V8 car or any high performance japanese cars? I doubt you don't!

knepster: wonderful translation.

Zeppelin: I hope it happens soon.

last of all, I just wanna share something new here, I am not the seller nor inventor.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
sounds like a "snake oil" type product. Similar to the "tornado" air cyclone thing.

or how about this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPER...spagenameZWDVW

voltage stabilizer for more HP!!!!!

Last edited by psk145; 03-18-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:58 PM

Guys,

I am based in Singapore and I have installed this module "sprint booster". Initially I was having doubts on this module after so much recommendation from various sources whether it performs to my expectation. So decided to give it a try from our local mechanic who fix the module to allow me to try it. There was no obligation.

You know what ? The car behaves like a different animal . The throttle response when you hit the pedal, the vehicles just flies . Especially when you are overtaking, it is unbeliveable. I am not kidding, but this module performs wonders... It is just like having a well tune ecu in your vehicle...
Old 03-19-2006, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 234 Likes on 182 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Do they offer this product for the SL600?
Old 03-20-2006, 02:13 AM

hi, for those of you who have install this "Sprint Booster", do you find difference in fuel consumption? My technician told me that all electronic parts in the car are wired and lots of data in the car computer, if I have this thing installed would it affect the car computer since some data should be changed to give better response on gas, and would it affect other parts of the car, any error code so far?
Old 03-20-2006, 07:46 AM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by knepster
Chiptuning and nevertheless we do not have better responsing mode, higher torque and achievement in the lower speed range and reached more than with Chiptuning
Already starting from 950 Umin the torque already begins.

In the last years we got very many calls and inquiries, from drivers, who are dissatisfied with your vehicles.

One of the most frequent questions was placed us is:
What for possibilities gives it, in order to obtain a better passage?

On our demand which for vehicles they drive, got we usually the answer:
It concerns Benziner with 1,0 litres up to 1.8 litres of motorizing. Further we stated that it always turns around the same weak points. Usually a new vehicle bought with same series achievement as an identically constructed older vehicle or a similar model, but with the following crucial disadvantages:

High consumption
very weak responsing mode
Passage equal zero

Not comparably with the old models
Vehicle does not react at the accelerotor pedal (fuel intake)
Pedal must be nearly always depressed

Due to this frequent very similar question we have begun also smaller engines to optimize around more achievement to obtain, so that the drivers have the desired fun with your new vehicle.

Unfortunately only an increase in output from ca.8% -16% is to be obtained to by exclusive optimization with new vehicles with electronic accelerotor pedal and suction engines (engines without loading). Considering the weight of a vehicle this unfortunately too little is to be made lucky around a modern driver. Therefore we concerned with it, who possibilities there could be of changing with a vehicle the responsing mode and the passage, have to place ourselves in order the driver again contently.

Our result: The Sprint booster

It is an electronic module, which is installed simply between accelerotor pedal and plug.
Thus been made by the potentiometer, which is in the module, a new computation and all delays at the accelerotor pedal are thus eliminated.

The modules are accurately adapted to the respective motor vehicle types.

The assembly duration amounts to between 5-30 min. (depending upon motor vehicle type).

Further additional advantages

Acceleration also at low number of revolutions
Passage in the whole speed range
Sprit save up to 16%
No unnecessary load of the engine
one has to have the feeling 15 HP more
Exhaust gas values remain series values
No attitude necessary
No interference in electronics

Disadvantages:

None

As we determined for the small motorizing the very much brought credit we begun also for the vehicles with larger capacity to develop
Old 03-20-2006, 10:56 AM

C32
Originally Posted by SteveL
Followed link for SLK and it said 229 euros. Personally I don't see how anything could be changed with the ODBII port.
The OBDII port is a direct connection to the car's ECU. LOTS can be changed through the OBDII port. Essentially, you can reflash the whole ECU with a new program if you want to.

It's a common practice in tuning among the Japanese import crowd.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:16 PM

I'm definitely interested, if this product is legit. The throttle response of the C32 is so poor that I've considered a C55 upgrade because I thought it was because of supercharging. Any C32 owner can attest to this behavior:

1) Lightly press gas pedal to accelerate from stop.
* Almost nothing happens, kind of a tepid response. *

2) Continuing very smoothly, press pedal slightly more.
* Car jumps forward as if you sharply jabbed at it. Wife snickers at you *

Sound familiar?
Old 03-22-2006, 11:39 AM

Altima
Originally Posted by m3_eater
I'm definitely interested, if this product is legit. The throttle response of the C32 is so poor that I've considered a C55 upgrade because I thought it was because of supercharging. Any C32 owner can attest to this behavior:

1) Lightly press gas pedal to accelerate from stop.
* Almost nothing happens, kind of a tepid response. *

2) Continuing very smoothly, press pedal slightly more.
* Car jumps forward as if you sharply jabbed at it. Wife snickers at you *

Sound familiar?

That's a different beast. What you're talking about sounds like the dreaded 2002 C32 Jerk. This module won't fix that problem. For that, you'd need to get a new ECU, and possibly tranny and torque converter.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:57 AM

E63 biturbo
I have tried it too on my CLS55 and the throttle response is so scary I took it off! Would have left it on if my mom and sister didn't drive the car once in a while
Old 03-22-2006, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by drallafi
That's a different beast. What you're talking about sounds like the dreaded 2002 C32 Jerk. This module won't fix that problem. For that, you'd need to get a new ECU, and possibly tranny and torque converter.
My 2003 does it as well
Old 03-22-2006, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Without before and after dyno's I'm going to call on this. Any "gains" without proof are just placebo effects.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Josh K
Without before and after dyno's I'm going to call on this. Any "gains" without proof are just placebo effects.
didnt they say that they rnt claiming horsepower gains?
Old 03-23-2006, 03:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB' suffer from throttle non linearity after a few days of normal driving.
This can be reset by "turning key to ON, pressing throttle to floor, wait 5 secs, turn key OFF, release pedal, wait 2 minutes.
Car feels like a new car again due to throttle coming in early. This unit saves having to do this by keeping throttle linear all the time. Great idea..

BUT at 299 Euros Ill just reset my throttle every Saturday.

if you find them on EBAY give me a call

Bazzle
Old 03-24-2006, 01:45 AM
M_M

C32 AMG
slkfans: great that we had a same feeling.

HLG600: it should fit most of the DBW euro cars. including bmw and audi.

kk249: no problem at all after having it installed for 3 weeks. fuel con. will be increased since you will love to rock on the thorttle everytime you drive the car.j/k!

m3_eater: try it yourself, i bet you won't regret.

Jspeed: same situation. my wife hate this thing a lot since the thorttle response became scary.

Josh K: you made a big mistake here as this thing doesn't increase hp nor tq. but improve the TB responsive.

bazzle: I found it too expensive too, module itself would cost less then 5 bucks. but after you got the unit, you would just forget how much you paid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: throttle booster, highly recommand!