C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 took first place in A Stock this weekend.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
C32 took first place in A Stock this weekend.

My cousin and I were co-driving my C32 this weekend in the Texas Region SCCA Solo 2. Oddly enough, my cousin beat me in my own car and took 1st place in A Stock. The only other car in our class was a Porsche Boxster and he took 2nd. I took 3rd The times were only split by .5 second so it really could have gone either way. Very close.

It's the first time I've autocrossed this car. I have autocrossed my Toyota MR2's before, and my WRX just before this car. But this is the first front engine, RWD car I've done and I can say it was a blast. My car is bone stock on all-season tires so I'm happy to see how well it did. On some nicer rubber and with more experience, I hope to do okay this season.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
congrats!!! how did the C32 handle compare to the other cars you autocrossed?
Old 04-04-2006, 01:34 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats, i think i might do this when i get some other wheels and tires that i don't mind beating on...
Old 04-04-2006, 02:53 PM

C32
Originally Posted by jtc55
congrats!!! how did the C32 handle compare to the other cars you autocrossed?
The C32 was a BLAST. My WRX was much faster on the street than the C32 is, but it was nowhere near as fun to toss around. Mainly because the all-wheel drive of the WRX didn't allow as much tail wagging or drifting. RWD = fun

Compared to the MR2's the C32 was also way different. Mid engined cars are just very unique in their handling. Oversteer is much more scary in an MR2 than in a FR car.

As far as handling, it was pretty impressive. The tendency to understeer was there, but judicious application of the throttle cured that easily. Honestly, I had trouble wrangling the car...it just didn't want to stick in the rear if you were hard on the gas. I'm going to need lots of practice (and better tires than the Pilot A/S that are on there). There was one spot on the course that was relatively "straight" with just a slight kink in it coming out of a hairpin - probably about 80-90 yards long. The car would just be squealing and squirming all the way down that straight if I was WOT.

I averaged 14mpg that day. That includes about 60 miles of highway cruising I'd guess it got about 6-7mpg on the track.

Last edited by mk2tmr2; 04-04-2006 at 02:55 PM.