C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Roadside Asisstance sucks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Roadside Asisstance sucks!

Yesterday im driving to neowerkes and as i exit the freeway I realize my left rear wheel has a flat. I pull over and me and my brother with the help of a nice bystander patch up the tire with that fix it stuff that comes with the car. We go to the car show and think it will be fine. On the drive home we are staying at 50 not going above when at 30 miles out the tire blows and we pull off the freeway. I call roadside help and they say they can only send a towtruck. I keep asking why they cant just bring a spare tire over and they just say no. They said it will be towed to the nearest mercedes benz dealership. I asked if it could be towed to one closer to my house and they said it was an additional fee. I asked what they could do about a ride home and they said that was an additional fee. Im thinking now that roadside assistance is very weak. I shouldnt have to pay for the towtruck or a ride home and why wouldnt they carry a spare tire? the car is left at rusnak pasadena and i get a call this morning saying they dont have the tire in stock b/c not many cars come in with it. I just wonder shouldnt they have more of the C32 tires instock b/c we have some of the only cars that do not come with spares? all i can say was it was a bad and dissappointing experience.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:08 AM
rrf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, sorry you had to find this out.

Helps the rest of us realize the value of an actual spare.
Many of us have been in "denial" now we can face the truth.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
I have a full size spare in my trunk

Anyway, my one experience with roadside was very good. My battery died, so they came fairly quickly and swapped the old one for a new. Voila.
Old 08-13-2002, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
yea i realized im stupid too because i have a set a rims and tires off my sisters clk just sitting in my garage. Im taking one and putting in the back of my car. ONCE I GET IT BACK FROM THE DEALERSHIP WHO STILL DOESNT HAVE THE TIRE.