C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Question for those who have taken their cars in for service campaign 2006-030011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by Trekman
dude even if your car is out of warranty the pump should be covered still for 8 years or so. it has to do with your emissions. to take it back and have them replaced it. tell them that on your manual its said everything that has to do with emissions is still under warranty.
I didn't know that. I'm even angrier now.... I can't beleive they didn't replace it then WTF...
Old 05-10-2006, 05:04 PM

C32
I had the air pump relay recall done at the same time as my Service B (Thank goodness for free scheduled maintainence! Total charge - $0)

I've noticed no difference in idle or driving characteristics. I was out at the autocross the next day and the car did fine.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
Originally Posted by BLK_HALO
I didn't know that. I'm even angrier now.... I can't beleive they didn't replace it then WTF...

they pulled that stuff on me to until I found out from one of our great people here. Look on your manual it should say it. emission is covered for 8 years. so take it back to them.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:25 PM

C32
no difference at all except for adios to the check engine light.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG Maserati Coupe GT
Is your check engine light on? My check engine light went off 2 weeks prior to taking the car. I checked the error code with my own diagnostic software and it came up as a P0410 -- secondary AIR injection pump. 2-3 days later I receive the recall letter from MB about the secondary air injection pump malfunction, I almost though they were spying on me because of the perfect timing!!!.
They can read your mind

My check engine light is not on yet.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:12 PM

C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by dchao
They can read your mind

My check engine light is not on yet.
or the cars mind!!!

Trekman: I called my service advisor and they said the sec air pump is not covered under the 8 year emission warranty. is it written somewhere on our Mercedes manual? Could you please direct me to the dealership that made this service for you? I don't want to pay for it if it's covered!!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you are kidding me. Mercedes benz of walnut creek did it for me. it is a part of the emission it helps it warm up the catalitic converter faster. if that is not part of the emission then what is? I would call MBUSA and ask them derectly.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:37 PM

2012 GL550
Yes, I have noticed that too. My car now hesitate when driving off on level ground, then it stops as soon as I press the gas paddle. And the car's response is slower too, kick down pattern seems to be different too.

I tried to listen to the I/C pump after shutting off the engin, but it's not there anymore. I don't know if the ECU update has anothing to do with it or my pump is now dead.

I am planning to bring my car in next week. How is yours running now, what did the dealer say?

Mine is C32 2002.
Did you take your car in for the recall dchao? I've been paying attention and I thought it was just me. I also noticed a slower response. I used to make the car lurch forward from a stop sometimes by accident because I stepped on the pedal just a tiny bit more. Right now I never seem to have that problem because it seems like the first inch to half inch of the pedal travel does the same amount.

And my IC pump also doesn't stay on after shutting on the engine anymore. I read a post about the IC pump replacement and how it shoud be working if I could hear it when I shut the car off...and I DID remember it staying on since I checked like two weeks ago when I read that thread...and it doesn't do that anymore. Seems like the pump is fine, maybe the ECU update also made the IC pump not stay on?

I'm not sure about this...but I used to hear a pump go on when I was stopped at a stop light. Was this normal? It does it a lot less now...and sometimes it seems like when the car is doing the shaking/rumble thing and I hear the pump come on, it smooths out a bit.

I'm still waiting for the appointment which will be next weekend. I think I'm gonna get some excuse from the advisor that everything is fine and nothing has changed. I don't know..the car feels really different and it was noticeable because this is the only car I have and I drive it everyday. It doesn't seem to be psychological either...I noticed it the next day after I picked the car up.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:00 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by bnz616
Did you take your car in for the recall dchao?
Yes, after the campaign 2006-030011, same as you.

I noticed the jerking pretty much straight away after I left the dealer. After stopping, the car could not pull away on it's own smoothly like before.

Same here, throttle is less responsive than before. I used to be able to tick down a gear with far less pressure on the gas, now I have the foot the gas down completely, before the car would do anything.

I'm not sure about this...but I used to hear a pump go on when I was stopped at a stop light.
I am not sure about this either. I've never taken any notice.

I am planning to take my car in for a diagnostic read out tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
I don't think I will take my car in.... Sounds like there's a problem after the recall service is done..
Old 05-11-2006, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

or the cars mind!!!

Trekman: I called my service advisor and they said the sec air pump is not covered under the 8 year emission warranty. is it written somewhere on our Mercedes manual? Could you please direct me to the dealership that made this service for you? I don't want to pay for it if it's covered!!

OK I just looked on my warranty manual

you are right its only 50000 or 3 years sorry I dont know why they covered mine..... I know its about $400 for the part and its easy to install. sorry man
Old 05-11-2006, 12:41 PM

C32
Originally Posted by Rareamg
I don't think I will take my car in.... Sounds like there's a problem after the recall service is done..
If you have a dealer you can trust to do good work, don't worry about problems afterwards. Nothing about this service should make your car run poorly if it's done properly.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
New to the forum. Same problem here: Compressor is dead after this campaign, I'm sure is the I/C pump not working properly. I don't recommend it unless you are comfortable with your stealership. I told my service advisor about it and he said nobody had complained about this. I sent him this link, so maybe he can remember the "service" part a little more.

Noob question: if you bring your car to one dealer and then take it to another one (there are like 4 or 5 here in Houston)... Is there any way they know the car was already check for this service? With the VIN maybe?

Thanks - Carlos
Old 05-11-2006, 03:30 PM

C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
New to the forum. Same problem here: Compressor is dead after this campaign, I'm sure is the I/C pump not working properly. I don't recommend it unless you are comfortable with your stealership. I told my service advisor about it and he said nobody had complained about this. I sent him this link, so maybe he can remember the "service" part a little more.

Noob question: if you bring your car to one dealer and then take it to another one (there are like 4 or 5 here in Houston)... Is there any way they know the car was already check for this service? With the VIN maybe?

Thanks - Carlos
Yet another case!! I knew I wasn't crazy!! my supercharger wouldn't respond at times exactly after I got the car back when I was on the highway on my way back home.
Just talked to the service rep and he said the dead secondary air injection pump have nothing to do with my S/C not engaging when I floor it sometimes, this is believable because I read somewhere here from other members who completely disconnected their air pump since it doesn’t do anything to the cars performance other than help the catalyst at startup. I guess whatever changes they made they screwed with the I/C pump or something. I'm really pissed!!!! I wish I never took it to this recall crap, my car was running perfectly. I have to schedule an appointment to diagnose the car I guess, I though it was going to be a free recall service but somehow it's going to end up costing me with whatever they come up with as a result of this recall.

If anyone else is having this problem right after the recall, please post it. I'm almost certain they are doing something in this recall which is affecting the S/C. I think MBUSA should be addressed about this issue if too many are having this problem.

///amg4ever: I beleive dealerships don't share this info unless it's under warranty then they'll be able to pull the work\service records.

Last edited by STLTH_AMG; 05-11-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Almost a Member!

AMG4EVER, is it C32? What year? Mine is 2002.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Almost a Member!

IAT Error Code

Just got back from the dealer.

The dealer pulled the error code out of the car, it was IAT too high. But since my "Check Engine" light did not come on, there was nothing they could do (basically they didn't know what to do)

So they reset the code, my service advisor kept a copy of the print out.

I will bring my car in again in one to two weeks time to see if the code persist.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:37 PM

2003 ML500
i took my car in for the recall and havent had any of the symptoms you guys have brought up...
Old 05-12-2006, 01:56 AM

2012 GL550
Just got back from the dealer.

The dealer pulled the error code out of the car, it was IAT too high. But since my "Check Engine" light did not come on, there was nothing they could do (basically they didn't know what to do)

So they reset the code, my service advisor kept a copy of the print out.

I will bring my car in again in one to two weeks time to see if the code persist.
Hmm...so something has changed when the IC pump turns on? I wish I knew exactly what was changed with the ecu reprogram..did the service advisor know anything more than the relay was changed and the ecu was reprogrammed? Yeah..car was running fine before I took it in....now its kinda frustrating. Mine is a 2002 also.

BTW, dchao, did you have to pay for the diagnostic?
Old 05-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Almost a Member!

BTW, dchao, did you have to pay for the diagnostic?
I know, you normally have to. But since this was related to the service campaign I did last week. So they just asked me to bring my car in at any time. I was done in 10 min.

My dealer (SF MB) is always accommodating, for a quick inspection, you can normally come in without an appointment, and see a foreman straight away.

My 2002 C32 was so smooth, and the SC so responsive, slight touch on the gas, my car would launch forward immediately. Now, I really have to flight the gas paddle to get the SC engaged.

I am worried that's how the 2003+ C32 setup all a lone. Like a previous poster have said.

Last edited by dchao; 05-12-2006 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
dchao, yes - 02 c32... but now it feels more like a c230! Expired warranty but in perfect conditions. MB is coming to get my car Monday after a few emails and angry phone calls. I'll keep you posted...
Old 05-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Almost a Member!

Tricks to get you to upgrade to C55?
Old 05-12-2006, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
or the cars mind!!!

If it is not emmission related then just un-plug the Air Pump and you won't have to worry about the check engine light.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:29 AM

2003 C32
Ok I have a question. My check engine light came on last week and I took it in and they told me I had to replace the pump. I already paid for it and it was over $700 and now I'm wondeirng if I should have since the recall for the relay is what caused it in the first place. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2006, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
your car's a 2003, isnt it under warranty still?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Almost a Member!

For those who have taken their cars in for the service campaign 2006-030011, what differences have you noticed after you got the car back?
bnz616,

Have you done the ECU reset? I can't believe it! my car is back to pre-service-campaign glory (after a short test). I need to do more driving tomorrow to confirm this, specially I am going to take it to a long uphill, I have been losing S/C up this hill for the past week. (I live in San Fran and I need this S/C working badly)

What I find hard to believe is that some people here were driving their C32 like snail pace and they didn't realize until they did the ECU reset

Last edited by dchao; 05-15-2006 at 01:39 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Question for those who have taken their cars in for service campaign 2006-030011